There are 241 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Teams are so evenly matched that it's hard to predict which team is going to win. When they get this far it means they're both playing well enough to win so it often comes down to mistakes. Turnovers and penalties are often the difference makers.

I genuinely think Brock is a better qb than Goff and I 1000% believe kyle is a much better coach/game planner than Campbell. So when the rosters are close, and I think ours is better, I go with who has the better QB/HC duo.

so to me, it would be a huge huge upset if we lost.

if we lost in the SB to KC/BAL - it would hurt, but I also know mahommes/Reid are special and BAL is a great team. I wouldn't consider it an upset.

losing to the f**kin Goff-led lions would be a massive disappointment. They have half a defense (just d line) and a QB who can't play on grass nor does he throw it deep. It would be a f**kin joke if we lost to the lions - it would mean we played like crap and shot ourselves in the foot. Only way we lose.

I feel the same regarding this DET game. The only thing I'm wary of is if DET is patient and committed to their run game, and the 49ers get pushed around trying to stop it. DET's ailing interior OL has me feeling better about it, but who knows. I feel good about Brock attacking that secondary, and if the 49ers can get up by two scores causing DET to be impatient with their run game, 49ers should take it.
Jahmyr Gibbs is good, reminds me of Alvin Kamara; can't let the rookie have his way. Good thing we have the best Linebackers in the world
I'm almost positive that when Campbell drafted Gibbs, he said that Gibbs reminded him of Kamara. Campbell was in NOLA when Kamara was there.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
lol Colin Herd can't help himself. Keeps propping up the Lions. Says they are a younger version of the Niners, EXCEPT with a BETTER quarterback.

I pray that Brock and the team shuts these a*****es up these next few weeks. I want some of these mofos to have sleepless nights after the SB
Defense needs to step the hell up..if they do..changes this from Brock carrying the team, to smoking the s**t out of them LG
  • thl408
Originally posted by DrEll:
lol Colin Herd can't help himself. Keeps propping up the Lions. Says they are a younger version of the Niners, EXCEPT with a BETTER quarterback.

I pray that Brock and the team shuts these a*****es up these next few weeks. I want some of these mofos to have sleepless nights after the SB

Every single analysis session I've watched on the major networks talks about DET offense versus SF defense. I have not seen one single segment about the SF offense versus the DET defense. None of them are talking about how DET's passing defense is Swiss cheese.
No way we lose to this meat head
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:

Do it. Blitz Brock. Get wrecked.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Montana:
Defense needs to step the hell up..if they do..changes this from Brock carrying the team, to smoking the s**t out of them LG

Yup, when the defense is on fire like it was vs Jacksonville and Philly no team stands a chance.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
The Lions are just another team in our way of our unfinished business
Absolutely correct
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Personally, just me, I think the Ravens were more skillful than lucky. They are a good defense this year. John Harbaugh is a good defensive coach. He's an all around coach - similar to Kyle and Bill Walsh - in that he's coached both offense and defense. But he played on the defensive side of the ball when he was younger. I think you have to be skillful and instinctive in playing defense. Hufanga isn't the fastest guy on the defense, but once he got injured, the 49er defensive stats went down. I see those Brock Purdy interceptions a result of good Ravens players being in the right spot at the right time because of instincts, vs just being lucky. Just IMO.

Their rookie safety Hamilton is amazing.

He's not a rookie but he is amazing
I find it fascinating that the 49ers seem to be spoken of as the underdogs in practically all the media at this point.

The media: "Man, that Packers team is so red hot that no team should want to play them. They'd be a tough out!"

Packers proceed to be a tough out for the 49ers.

The media: "Why didn't the 49ers curb stomp the lowly Packers?!"
Originally posted by thl408:
Brock better find his grip on the ball. I think he needs to carry the offense in this game. DET will load up to stop the run, and they supposedly have a good run defense to do it. Their weakness is their passing defense, specifically the CBs. Brock will need to attack them outside the numbers where the boundary CBs roam to free up room between the numbers for Kittle/CMC. I'm looking for a deep shot over the top to Aiyuk. Not worried about DET's blitz packages, Brock handles blitzes very well. If McKivitz, with some help here and there, can stalemate with Hutchinson for the most part, I think Brock is going to go off.
It's going to be 70 and no rain, Brock will do what he does. No worries
Everyone looking forward to Chauncey Gardner vs Deebo, but it might be more like CG vs Juan Jennings.
Share 49ersWebzone