There are 291 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
No way we lose to this meat head

Lol he's about to put some pads on and snap the ball himself.
Niners DC Steve Wilks on Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs: 'I don't know if you can contain him'

Terrell Owens - It won't be easy for the Niners

Media talking upset

I'm done reading about this game
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Everyone looking forward to Chauncey Gardner vs Deebo, but it might be more like CG vs Juan Jennings.

And Kittle. Unless Chancey is looking for cheap shots like his thug ass would.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Everyone looking forward to Chauncey Gardner vs Deebo, but it might be more like CG vs Juan Jennings.

such an exciting matchup to watch. I'm confused with Detroit's defense, unless they play with 5 db's a lot? Is CJ a safety or a nickel? It looks like they play with three safeties sometimes (joseph, melifonwu, CJ). either way, CJGJ is good but can be over-aggressive. Trash talker, him on JJ is must see tv.
Watch out for Melifonwu blitzing off the edge, although Brock should be able to beat it
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Niners DC Steve Wilks on Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs: 'I don't know if you can contain him'

Media talking upset

He said that? Lol

Media talking upset

Man Wilks screams confidence! Over this guy.

Media talking upset

Lol they're just saying this stuff to get clicks and responses. If they said "I think niners will win" - no one will give an eff.

personally, I'd rather us go into this game with everyone doubting us. We play better that way. I've never liked it how everyone has been padding us on the back telling us how great we are. You're only great if you have the hardware to show it, otherwise you're wasted potential.

this hire makes sense. Hopefully his gameplan has lost time and effort whike he thinks about his new job coming up 😈

damn! Get on with your bad self, brunskill!

TW on the Haberman and Middlekauff pod cast said that return kick that almost resulted in a TD was NOT supposed to be returnable. Moody was told to kick it out for a touch back and he muffed it.

so far Moody hasn't totally f**ked us into a loss, BUT twice last game he f**ked SF that almost cost us a playoff game.

I'm tell ya, if we miss out on winning a SB because of a overdrafted kicker I'm gonna lose it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Personally, just me, I think the Ravens were more skillful than lucky. They are a good defense this year. John Harbaugh is a good defensive coach. He's an all around coach - similar to Kyle and Bill Walsh - in that he's coached both offense and defense. But he played on the defensive side of the ball when he was younger. I think you have to be skillful and instinctive in playing defense. Hufanga isn't the fastest guy on the defense, but once he got injured, the 49er defensive stats went down. I see those Brock Purdy interceptions a result of good Ravens players being in the right spot at the right time because of instincts, vs just being lucky. Just IMO.

Their rookie safety Hamilton is amazing.

Agree, Hamilton and Geno Stone play a kind of John Lynch type hybrid (Linebacker/Safety) role that can confuse QB reads if the QB isn't careful. They have (i think) 11 interceptions between the two of them this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:

damn! Get on with your bad self, brunskill!

That not Brunskill that Ogre from Revenge of the Nerds!!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

this hire makes sense. Hopefully his gameplan has lost time and effort whike he thinks about his new job coming up 😈

Wow, Bill Belichick is still unemployed.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
TW on the Haberman and Middlekauff pod cast said that return kick that almost resulted in a TD was NOT supposed to be returnable. Moody was told to kick it out for a touch back and he muffed it.

so far Moody hasn't totally f**ked us into a loss, BUT twice last game he f**ked SF that almost cost us a playoff game.

I'm tell ya, if we miss out on winning a SB because of a overdrafted kicker I'm gonna lose it.

But he did kick a 52 yarder in the rain so I ain't so down on him.
Share 49ersWebzone