There are 266 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

this hire makes sense. Hopefully his gameplan has lost time and effort whike he thinks about his new job coming up 😈

Bound to take some assistants with him as well. QB coach, offensive line coach, passing game coordinator. Might be wanting one of these to be OC. So theres going to be extra discussion going on.

this hire makes sense. Hopefully his gameplan has lost time and effort whike he thinks about his new job coming up 😈

Adams got his guy. Good for him.
[ Edited by 9erson3 on Jan 26, 2024 at 10:51 AM ]

Lions are about to find out how s**tty of a coach Dan Campbell is. Just like the Eagles found out with Sirianni this season
Originally posted by NYniner85:
TW on the Haberman and Middlekauff pod cast said that return kick that almost resulted in a TD was NOT supposed to be returnable. Moody was told to kick it out for a touch back and he muffed it.

so far Moody hasn't totally f**ked us into a loss, BUT twice last game he f**ked SF that almost cost us a playoff game.

I'm tell ya, if we miss out on winning a SB because of a overdrafted kicker I'm gonna lose it.

Not a fan at all. Seems to also be a mental midget.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
TW on the Haberman and Middlekauff pod cast said that return kick that almost resulted in a TD was NOT supposed to be returnable. Moody was told to kick it out for a touch back and he muffed it.

so far Moody hasn't totally f**ked us into a loss, BUT twice last game he f**ked SF that almost cost us a playoff game.

I'm tell ya, if we miss out on winning a SB because of a overdrafted kicker I'm gonna lose it.

But he did kick a 52 yarder in the rain so I ain't so down on him.

It will be good weather (so the predictions say) this Sunday.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Lions are about to find out how s**tty of a coach Dan Campbell is. Just like the Eagles found out with Sirianni this season

Cohn is that you?

How do you know?
Thinking positive, and moving past the Lions - which team is easier to beat in the SB?
Like scenarios:
If Ravens win, then won't likely let the 49ers score a lot of points
If Chiefs win, they will most likely outscore the 49ers
Given that, Chiefs are preferred, at least we get a shot to score, and our offense > defense this season.
A crazy side note: the stupid NFL (if conspiracies, whatever) might actually prefer the Chiefs too because of who is sitting in the booth, viewership, business reasons.
  • thl408

Yeah Moody didn't kick it into the endzone but let's not totally excuse the kickoff coverage. Gotta be better than that. I'd put most of the blame on the kickoff coverage team.
Originally posted by thl408:

Yeah Moody didn't kick it into the endzone but let's not totally excuse the kickoff coverage. Gotta be better than that. I'd put most of the blame on the kickoff coverage team.

First game back with our supposed ALL-PRO special teams player (Odum) and we give up the biggest return all year.

I'm not saying it's his fault, but I've never understood the hype around Odum. We've had special teams players in the past that you can always see how they impact the game. Odum doesn't give me that same vibe tbh.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Hey? Guess what? It was Stormin' Norman' last weekend. What the coaches want sometimes Mother Nature rejects, no matter how well Moody boots the ball. I wouldn't say Moody muffed anything. Show me a kicker who can control where kickoffs go when the wind is blowing rain into his face.

This is a non story about nothing.

• thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by thl408:

First game back with our supposed ALL-PRO special teams player (Odum) and we give up the biggest return all year.

I'm not saying it's his fault, but I've never understood the hype around Odum. We've had special teams players in the past that you can always see how they impact the game. Odum doesn't give me that same vibe tbh.

idk jack about kickoff coverage, but it didn't seem like a case of a missed tackle. It was more of a blown containment from what I remember, which to me is worse than a missed tackle.
The 49ers are going to win this Sunday in a blowout. Talking heads are doing their level best to try and turn it into a game so people will watch. I don't blame them. But we all witnessed what the 49ers did to the Cowboys at our home field. We also witnessed our 49ers taking the Eagles to the woodshed, in their house no less.

I'm really not concerned about the game. I'm more concerned about the ad for nose hair that has popped up on the Webzone home page. Man, that is just disgusting. I would never buy a product that features some dude's nose hairs. I don't know what ad people are thinking about these days, but it doesn't want me to run out and purchase whatever they might be selling.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Hey? Guess what? It was Stormin' Norman' last weekend. What the coaches want sometimes Mother Nature rejects, no matter how well Moody boots the ball. I wouldn't say Moody muffed anything. Show me a kicker who can control where kickoffs go when the wind is blowing rain into his face.

This is a non story about nothing.

Ok. I do know a kicker who had no issues piping game winning FGs in snow storms.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jan 26, 2024 at 11:22 AM ]
I keep checking the weather every day, and it still looks great!
Share 49ersWebzone