There are 372 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I keep checking the weather every day, and it still looks great!

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I keep checking the weather every day, and it still looks great!

Looks great baby!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
TW on the Haberman and Middlekauff pod cast said that return kick that almost resulted in a TD was NOT supposed to be returnable. Moody was told to kick it out for a touch back and he muffed it.

so far Moody hasn't totally f**ked us into a loss, BUT twice last game he f**ked SF that almost cost us a playoff game.

I'm tell ya, if we miss out on winning a SB because of a overdrafted kicker I'm gonna lose it.

And a grew up a lions fan
Originally posted by thl408:
TW on the Haberman and Middlekauff pod cast said that return kick that almost resulted in a TD was NOT supposed to be returnable. Moody was told to kick it out for a touch back and he muffed it.

so far Moody hasn't totally f**ked us into a loss, BUT twice last game he f**ked SF that almost cost us a playoff game.

I'm tell ya, if we miss out on winning a SB because of a overdrafted kicker I'm gonna lose it.

Yeah Moody didn't kick it into the endzone but let's not totally excuse the kickoff coverage. Gotta be better than that. I'd put most of the blame on the kickoff coverage team.

No doubt. Straight up trash.

But you spend a top 100 pick on a kicker with a big leg. No excuse from him to not kick it out of the back of the end zone either.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

But he did kick a 52 yarder in the rain so I ain't so down on him.

True, however, I think the coaching staff knows the risks, and maybe that's a positive? Play for a TD vs a FG, but then would Kyle take that chance? So many questions. Yeah, he is a rookie, but a big drop off from Robbie G. Playoffs come down to a FG most of the time, so sure, there is some concern.
  • titan
  • Veteran

And a grew up a lions fan

Hopefully all the mistakes is out of his system. But I definitely don't want him to be the last person to touch the ball to decide the win vs the Lions. He has traitor blood by birth!
[ Edited by titan on Jan 26, 2024 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Hey? Guess what? It was Stormin' Norman' last weekend. What the coaches want sometimes Mother Nature rejects, no matter how well Moody boots the ball. I wouldn't say Moody muffed anything. Show me a kicker who can control where kickoffs go when the wind is blowing rain into his face.

This is a non story about nothing.

But he did muff it, that's the point. Just kick the f**king ball to the back of the end zone, like everyone else does. That's your job, dude is the second highest picked kicker in a draft in over 17 yrs!

even if that FG didn't get blocked that f**ker was hooking.

we got a shaky kicker and a ST unit that stinks. Sometimes that's the difference in winning it all or not.
"If we want to win this game, I'm putting it all on the defense's hands." - All Pro Fred Warner
[ Edited by BP13 on Jan 26, 2024 at 11:44 AM ]
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Niners DC Steve Wilks on Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs: 'I don't know if you can contain him'

Terrell Owens - It won't be easy for the Niners

Media talking upset

I'm done reading about this game

He said that? Lol

It's just for looks, as a coach you say the respectful thing on the outside and scheme and speak with your players behind closed doors. And this is from someone who is no fan of Wilks but I see why he said it. Make them feel good and then punch them in their throats.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
True, however, I think the coaching staff knows the risks, and maybe that's a positive? Play for a TD vs a FG, but then would Kyle take that chance? So many questions. Yeah, he is a rookie, but a big drop off from Robbie G. Playoffs come down to a FG most of the time, so sure, there is some concern.

I said it the moment he was drafted. You got a ready made SB roster with a ton of vets. You than go draft a rookie kicker (overdraft) and pray to god he doesn't s**t his pants.

Originally posted by Ruixx:
It's just for looks, as a coach you say the respectful thing on the outside and scheme and speak with your players behind closed doors. And this is from someone who is no fan of Wilks but I see why he said it. Make them feel good and then punch them in their throats.

This is what my thought was as well..."we dunno what we gunna dooooo..."....then total bloodbath
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ruixx:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Niners DC Steve Wilks on Lions RB Jahmyr Gibbs: 'I don't know if you can contain him'

Terrell Owens - It won't be easy for the Niners

Media talking upset

I'm done reading about this game

He said that? Lol

Locker room talk is different! 💪🏽
Originally posted by BP13:
"If we want to win this game, I'm putting it all on the defense's hands." - All Pro Fred Warner

If Warner said that, my guess he is not talking about the LB core. We all know who is he asking to freakin' step up!
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:

If Warner said that, my guess he is not talking about the LB core. We all know who is he asking to freakin' step up!

I love it. He pretty much said if the Niners D are doing their job they should win 3-0. He reiterated that there is no time to work on things, Now is the time to show it!!! He had me FIRED UP 🔥
[ Edited by titan on Jan 26, 2024 at 11:58 AM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:

But he did kick a 52 yarder in the rain so I ain't so down on him.

In the end he will either come through or he wont and we all know there is only one way to find out, but in an odd way I am glad he's faced some adversity. The fact he made that 52 yarder and the pat after the block is good stuff. The more pressure situations he faces the better basically.
Share 49ersWebzone