There are 448 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by boast:

That's my kinda spank bank material

Don't worry, Olsen will be openly rooting for the Lions and down playing everything the Niners do.
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
You guys have a much better kicker. Ours is awful and cost us the game.

Just sign or trade for one, don't draft one in the 3rd round. Would not recommend.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

That is wild!!! But you know what else is wild….

W/Bill Vinovich

49ers - 2-4

Ravens - 7-2
Chiefs - 7-2!

Don't ask them how they feel about the head ref for the game
Which is odd cause the packers are literally the only team we've got blocks on and all that in like the last 10 years. Lol

our coverage is usually trash. It's one of the worst this year again. You guys almost broke one

You guys kicked a game winning FG in us 2 years ago too. I'm not sure Lambeau is an advantage against you guys either. You guys beat us up here too.

Our team has traveled really well with shanahan as coach. Even though we have a top 10 defense this year, it's the worst we've had in probably the last 4-5 years. Our weakness has been our passing game with jimmy; it wasn't bad, but it wasn't something that was going to save us.

with that said, the cold freezing weather helped equalize us that year. Because our defense was very good and it helped bog down both our offenses, but we could still rely on what we did best - running. I'd say lambeau is an advantage to you when you have a good running game, especially bad weather. Your packer teams seemed to overly rely on Rodgers passing ability. Which worked to the niners advantage.
Tired of hearing about Goff like it's some great story. The dude was the number 1 overall pick. This is exactly what was expected from him
Originally posted by Patton:

Don't worry, Olsen will be openly rooting for the Lions and down playing everything the Niners do.

I like Olsen and feel like he does a good job. He actually said last week that the 0-30 4th quarter stat was built when Kyle didn't have a reliable qb (sorta took a shot at Jimmy). He said something along the lines of "let's see how they do with a guy kyle trusts and is good".
  • thl408
Originally posted by teylo31:
Tired of hearing about Goff like it's some great story. The dude was the number 1 overall pick. This is exactly what was expected from him

His brother Jack is looking like a really good prospect.

Yeah, I'm happy for the guy on a personal level, but let's not act like he hasn't under achieved. Imagine stsfford with this squad. Lol he would be way better.

it's just weird that Brock gets knocked for having a bunch of talent around him, meanwhile Goff has a very similar setting. Lol they aren't winning on goffs shoulders. He's doing a good job but he is just executing plays, not making plays. He reminds me a lot of Alex smith but not as conservative, but close.
Originally posted by thl408:

this guy? Lol idk if this is his real account but the handle is hilarious

Originally posted by Ruixx:
When a Packer fan comes in just as we were about to all kill each other over a kicker...

You guys have a much better kicker. Ours is awful and cost us the game.

Bro idk if you heard but you guys were last week. We're good with packers related content. ✌️
  • thl408
From Ted Nguyen's article in The Athletic:
-----------------
Statistically, the Lions have a strong run defense. Since their bye in Week 9, they rank fifth in defensive rush success and have the fourth-most tackles for losses and run stuffs (runs gaining zero yards) combined. However, their ability to stop the run comes at a cost. They make plays at and behind the line of scrimmage because their linebackers are extremely aggressive, which leaves them susceptible to play action. They have the fifth-worst defensive success rate against play action in the league. That's going to be a problem against a 49ers offense that leads the league in success rate when using play action.
  • thl408
this guy? Lol idk if this is his real account but the handle is hilarious

wtf. I was just joking.
From Ted Nguyen's article in The Athletic:
-----------------
Statistically, the Lions have a strong run defense. Since their bye in Week 9, they rank fifth in defensive rush success and have the fourth-most tackles for losses and run stuffs (runs gaining zero yards) combined. However, their ability to stop the run comes at a cost. They make plays at and behind the line of scrimmage because their linebackers are extremely aggressive, which leaves them susceptible to play action. They have the fifth-worst defensive success rate against play action in the league. That's going to be a problem against a 49ers offense that leads the league in success rate when using play action.

Kittle bout to eat.

I bet you watch a lot of Jack Goff vids.
Share 49ersWebzone