49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Niners 38
Lions 17

Brock 39 is back on the menu.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Let's hope the game doesn't come down to a fg to tie/win the game with Moody.

I think Moody should get some credit for making that 52 yarder last week. That was a hard kick in the rain… and we obviously needed it.

No doubt. That was a big time kick from him tbf. Hopefully we see more of those In the near future and less of those shaky kicks.
I don't know why I am but sitting here just listening to part of Colin cowherd on delay and it's right in the part of the show where is talking about the upcoming NFC championship. He literally sits there and says Goff is a better QB than Matt Ryan and I assume he meant Ryan in his prime. That is literally the stupidest f**king thing I've ever heard. He's talking about goof like he's the most underrated great QB of all time. I mean he's literally swinging off his nuts like the way Nick Wright does with Mahomes.
Ryan "they're pretending aka I can't form my own opinions" Clark just picked the Lions

We're going to Vegas boys and girl! 🥳
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Ryan "they're pretending aka I can't form my own opinions" Clark just picked the Lions

Ryan Clark is a meat puppet.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Robbie was 40+ and at that age, kickers are a bit of a gamble at that point, you can't just roster Robbie til 50. In terms of why did the break with Robbie happen in 2023, well he was off contract. And if I recall correct, he began the offseason saying he's done with SF.

Yeah he said he was done because SF told him they were done. Go grab another vet, instead of depending on a rookie kicker to help win a SB

I think it really came down to the salary cap. Robbie was getting paid $4-$5M a year over the last 3-4 years and that is a lot for a kicker. Robbie made $22.5M here in six seasons and made $24M in chicago over 12 seasons. lol we were paying a lot for a kicker, relative to the league.

It doesn't sound like much but our cap is tight right now and they were trying to save that couple mil for a minimum vet at another position. locked up a rookie kicker for four years for a mil or so a year.

I personally didn't mind using a 100+ selection in the draft on a kicker, especially last draft, but I get what people mean by just find one in UDFA.

I still think Moody will be a good kicker and has a lot of potential. he's just had a shaky rookie year. this isn't the year though. lol we need him to come through.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 26, 2024 at 2:08 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I don't know why I am but sitting here just listening to part of Colin cowherd on delay and it's right in the part of the show where is talking about the upcoming NFC championship. He literally sits there and says Goff is a better QB than Matt Ryan and I assume he meant Ryan in his prime. That is literally the stupidest f**king thing I've ever heard. He's talking about goof like he's the most underrated great QB of all time. I mean he's literally swinging off his nuts like the way Nick Wright does with Mahomes.

Goff wears his hat forward =/ its science bro. He's a better QB than brock because of it.

😏

😏

I can see clearly now the rain is gone, would have been my selection
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Ryan Clark has hated the Niners since this very moment

I like this matchup. A lot!
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it really came down to the salary cap. Robbie was getting paid $4-$5M a year over the last 3-4 years and that is a lot for a kicker. Robbie made $22.5M here in six seasons and made $24M in chicago over 12 seasons. lol we were paying a lot for a kicker, relative to the league.

It doesn't sound like much but our cap is tight right now and they were trying to save that couple mil for a minimum vet at another position. locked up a rookie kicker for four years for a mil or so a year.

I personally didn't mind using a 100+ selection in the draft on a kicker, especially last draft, but I get what people mean by just find one in UDFA.

I still think Moody will be a good kicker and has a lot of potential. he's just had a shaky rookie year. this isn't the year though. lol we need him to come through.

They cleared like $40M this yr and were rolling into 2023. They could absolutely afford a kicker for a year. Nonsense.

I absolutely f**king mind using a top 100 pick on a kicker who wasn't even looked at as some generational prospect. Second highest pick on a kicker in 17 years! All that and there isn't single fan that feels confident in him kicking a freaking 40 yard field goal. It was a horrible waste of a pick and bad thinking you can depend on a rookie kicker to help win meaningful games on a Super Bowl roster.
  • Ruixx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wrathman:

Ryan Clark has hated the Niners since this very moment

Holy hell watching that ball, being used to Purdy's rainbows now is jarring.

😏

Extra annoying practice, lol.
Originally posted by Ruixx:
Holy hell watching that ball, being used to Purdy's rainbows now is jarring.

if it was Tecmo Super Bowl, Brock's passes would be off the screen, probably for the entire 1st qtr
Share 49ersWebzone