Originally posted by NYniner85:

Shazam!
Originally posted by Montana:

Shazam!

It's our year!
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think it really came down to the salary cap. Robbie was getting paid $4-$5M a year over the last 3-4 years and that is a lot for a kicker. Robbie made $22.5M here in six seasons and made $24M in chicago over 12 seasons. lol we were paying a lot for a kicker, relative to the league.

It doesn't sound like much but our cap is tight right now and they were trying to save that couple mil for a minimum vet at another position. locked up a rookie kicker for four years for a mil or so a year.

I personally didn't mind using a 100+ selection in the draft on a kicker, especially last draft, but I get what people mean by just find one in UDFA.

I still think Moody will be a good kicker and has a lot of potential. he's just had a shaky rookie year. this isn't the year though. lol we need him to come through.

They cleared like $40M this yr and were rolling into 2023. They could absolutely afford a kicker for a year. Nonsense.

I absolutely f**king mind using a top 100 pick on a kicker who wasn't even looked at as some generational prospect. Second highest pick on a kicker in 17 years! All that and there isn't single fan that feels confident in him kicking a freaking 40 yard field goal. It was a horrible waste of a pick and bad thinking you can depend on a rookie kicker to help win meaningful games on a Super Bowl roster.

more than half of that 40M is going to be used to just get us even next year, we don't actually have 40M just chillin. most of that is spent already. sure we could of afforded a kicker but they went with the kicker they liked the most.

Moody was considered one of the best kicking prospects to come out over the last 10 years. because he played for Harbaugh (widely used and depended on), hit all of his clutch game winners in college, strong leg - he was considered to be the most "pro ready".

I do agree that depending on a rookie kicker during a superbowl is sketchy. Huge reason why I thought it was dumb to rely on a super raw QB developing while we are trying to win a super bowl.

Personally, I probably would of tried to sign a veteran kicker for a $2M a year because we are trying to win a super bowl but I also had no issue with selecting moody where we did - coaches loved him during the process. He still may end up being great. All he's really done is miss one important kick (CLE) but has made just about everything else, including a key 52 yarder against the packers. his only real issue is that he makes us "concerned" during his kicks. as long as they go in, that's all that matters.

Best news i've heard in a while! lol that's awesome.

I don't expect him to be used as much as he usually is but just having him out there as a threat is HUGE. I hope he levels Gardner-Johnson.
doesn't trent have a daughter? all I know is that whoever she dates, when/if she's old enough, better be on his best mofkn behavior at ALL times. lol

imagine getting into a little verbal spat and you turn around and Trent is just dawging you. lol I wouldn't even feel safe in a tank if he was after me.
Great news on Deebo. Going to start pregaming now, lol.
Best news i've heard in a while! lol that's awesome.

I don't expect him to be used as much as he usually is but just having him out there as a threat is HUGE. I hope he levels Gardner-Johnson.

We ALWAYS rely on Deebo in the big games. He can be sparingly used during the regular season but in marquee games and the important games we ride Deebo and that is why he is gonna be playing. We would have ridden him last game as well had he not left the game and I think it was obvious by the play selection early on
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We ALWAYS rely on Deebo in the big games. He can be sparingly used during the regular season but in marquee games and the important games we ride Deebo and that is why he is gonna be playing. We would have ridden him last game as well had he not left the game and I think it was obvious by the play selection early on

Best weapon (outside of CMC) for that kind of weather. Sucked we lost him… but we survived anyway.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Great news on Deebo. Going to start pregaming now, lol.

buy gatorade... and lots of it. hahaha
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Best weapon (outside of CMC) for that kind of weather. Sucked we lost him… but we survived anyway.

Only reason I'm skeptical of him being used a lot is cause i don't believe he has no limitations. lol just like the lions listed Ragnow as not having any injuries.... yeah, my ass. lol they're just trying to hide these things for the best tactical advantage.

I think Deebo's shoulder is in rough shape and that he will be used, but I'll be surprised if he is used aggresively. I hope he can pull that off. I just don't buy these BS injury reports - no way dudes aren't hurtin like a mofo this time of year.
Only reason I'm skeptical of him being used a lot is cause i don't believe he has no limitations. lol just like the lions listed Ragnow as not having any injuries.... yeah, my ass. lol they're just trying to hide these things for the best tactical advantage.

I think Deebo's shoulder is in rough shape and that he will be used, but I'll be surprised if he is used aggresively. I hope he can pull that off. I just don't buy these BS injury reports - no way dudes aren't hurtin like a mofo this time of year.

Deebo will be full go and he will play just like he did vs PHI earlier this year. Watch and see
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

That will be better than the Super Bowl half time show
more than half of that 40M is going to be used to just get us even next year, we don't actually have 40M just chillin. most of that is spent already. sure we could of afforded a kicker but they went with the kicker they liked the most.

Moody was considered one of the best kicking prospects to come out over the last 10 years. because he played for Harbaugh (widely used and depended on), hit all of his clutch game winners in college, strong leg - he was considered to be the most "pro ready".

I do agree that depending on a rookie kicker during a superbowl is sketchy. Huge reason why I thought it was dumb to rely on a super raw QB developing while we are trying to win a super bowl.

Personally, I probably would of tried to sign a veteran kicker for a $2M a year because we are trying to win a super bowl but I also had no issue with selecting moody where we did - coaches loved him during the process. He still may end up being great. All he's really done is miss one important kick (CLE) but has made just about everything else, including a key 52 yarder against the packers. his only real issue is that he makes us "concerned" during his kicks. as long as they go in, that's all that matters.

Show me where moody was regarded as the best kicker to come out in a decade? Bro is constantly pushing balls. Not a single person including him thought he was going top 100.

They had plenty of cash to get a kicker for a yr. Freaking Zuerlein costed $2.6M and has a crazy strong leg.

saying that couldn't afford a kicker is ridiculous.
Share 49ersWebzone