LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 276 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man Deebos line of "I ain't protecting nothing" is badass af.

that line has me fired up. Our boys are locked and loaded, ready to make a mofkn statement and get to the big dance. They're tired of the damn NFCC. Let's go!

[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 26, 2024 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by RickyRoma:
Originally posted by Patton:
Ok Ricky….my screen must be really, really, REALLY jacked up…..it looked like you said….."Journey has always been terrible"…..???? misprint, or you're really on that shake and bake 🤣🤣

They've always been terrible. Boston started the sound with their Rockman, and tons of bands followed with similar stuff...like Toto, Asia, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, Kansas and Journey.

Most of it is shallow, derivative nonsense. It's the beginning of the end of what is considered classic rock.

There is some truth to that, but you can't deny their contributions. Maybe you just need to smell the wine and cheap perfume? 😎🍻
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Lmao 🤣

Deebo seemed mad AF

Originally posted by tankle104:

lol so awesome, I love this show, but somehow don't remember Jim on there.
Deebo got me all jacked up. Hope Brown starts too. He's our guy, he will get the job done. I trust him.
Originally posted by BP13:

I assume that is from "The New Class" which I avoided like the Plague.
more than half of that 40M is going to be used to just get us even next year, we don't actually have 40M just chillin. most of that is spent already. sure we could of afforded a kicker but they went with the kicker they liked the most.

Moody was considered one of the best kicking prospects to come out over the last 10 years. because he played for Harbaugh (widely used and depended on), hit all of his clutch game winners in college, strong leg - he was considered to be the most "pro ready".

I do agree that depending on a rookie kicker during a superbowl is sketchy. Huge reason why I thought it was dumb to rely on a super raw QB developing while we are trying to win a super bowl.

Personally, I probably would of tried to sign a veteran kicker for a $2M a year because we are trying to win a super bowl but I also had no issue with selecting moody where we did - coaches loved him during the process. He still may end up being great. All he's really done is miss one important kick (CLE) but has made just about everything else, including a key 52 yarder against the packers. his only real issue is that he makes us "concerned" during his kicks. as long as they go in, that's all that matters.

Show me where moody was regarded as the best kicker to come out in a decade? Bro is constantly pushing balls. Not a single person including him thought he was going top 100.

They had plenty of cash to get a kicker for a yr. Freaking Zuerlein costed $2.6M and has a crazy strong leg.

saying that couldn't afford a kicker is ridiculous.

I didn't say THE best kicker in a decade. I said one of the best kicking prospects to come out, hence if we didn't take him when we did, he would of been gone a few picks later. we weren't the only team trying to take him in that pick range.

I never said we couldn't afford one. lol I said we don't have 40M like you're implying. we have closer to $17M, since 23M or so of that will be immediately consumed when we roll it over. Then they have to resign a lot of players, extend, restructure etc. the team valued 2-3M in savings and loved Moody as a prospect and used a third round comp selection on him in a draft that was widely considered to be a sub par draft. especially in the later rounds.

lets see how the season plays out and if it was worth it or not. lol def over reacting because he's come through in the playoffs so far - that 52 yard kick was an awesome kick that we needed.

I like this. He brings a little juice that I think we'll need against the Lions. Maybe he'll make a mistake or two being over aggressive, but like Greenlaw, he can be a real missile attacking the run and has a nose for the ball. Let's roll.

Man Deebos line of "I ain't protecting nothing" is badass af.

that line has me fired up. Our boys are locked and loaded, ready to make a mofkn statement and get to the big dance. They're tired of the damn NFCC. Let's go!

I ain't protecting nothing would be a good motto for an aggressive head coach

Hell yeah. I love his game, potential, and maturity.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BP13:

That's from SBTB the College Years. No one watched that s**t…
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Bro idk if you heard but you guys were last week. We're good with packers related content. ✌️

I'll try to talk about the Lions lol. Lions almost lost to Chicago twice.

The Lion's schedule was pretty easy this year. Their most impressive win was week 1 against the chiefs but they struggled early on. They beat the packers before they turned it around. the only other good team they played was Dallas, and they were a pretender.

Funny thing, the Seahawks of all teams moved the ball on them with few issues, in Detroit too.

Lol I loved this show and didn't know he was on there haha. Nice
Share 49ersWebzone