49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Stopped reading when said it was riding the company line

you think pressures mean nothing and are a made up stat. I don't

Stopped reading when you saw the number of words because you don't want to engage. I said sacks are better than pressures. We are settling for all this pressure BS because we're not getting sacks and we want to still be supportive of our guys. A pressure is better than nothing. A pressure can force the QB to make a mistake and throw a pick. I'll take a sack, or a strip sack, over a pressure any day of the week.

I am sure that pressure has had a lot to do with leading the league in INT's. So its not nothing. We are 2nd among all playoff teams in giving up TD's when we get pressure. We are 3rd among all playoff teams in passer rating allowed when we get pressure. 3rd among all playoff teams in INT's when we get pressure. Sacks aren't everything. Speeding up a QB's proccessing is more important imo. It leads to mistakes.

Bro's upset with this kind of stuff…

Some people are just so obsessed with stats like sacks. Yes. It is part of the equation. Yes. They are a negative play. But no, they are not the only way that pressure affects QB's. Thanks for the clips. Great demonstration of how pressure affects single plays and the game overall.

this man is satan to me but he's also responsible for us having pick 262 in tbe 2022 nfl draft. Him signing CJ beathard gave us the comp pick that turned into Brock Purdy.
Originally posted by Montana:
Samuel about to go Samuel

The more I think about it the more I think the Lions stand absolutely no chance in this game
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I just hope DET run game doesn't run all over our D. You know that's what they are going to attack us with along with that play action
Originally posted by tankle104:

this man is satan to me but he's also responsible for us having pick 262 in tbe 2022 nfl draft. Him signing CJ beathard gave us the comp pick that turned into Brock Purdy.

Then we woulda taken purdy earlier lol
Originally posted by Baldie:
I just hope DET run game doesn't run all over our D. You know that's what they are going to attack us with along with that play action

If we shut down the run game they have no shot
I forgot Brock and David Montgomery were fellow Iowa State alumni although they didn't play together but that's still pretty cool.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Slowik and Griese had to make a fuss to get them to take Purdy at all. They were prepared to wait for him to go UDFA but then said f**k it, its the last pick, who cares?"

If they didn't have that pick, odds are good that Purdy is playing somewhere else right.
JaJuan Jennings= X Factor
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Slowik and Griese had to make a fuss to get them to take Purdy at all. They were prepared to wait for him to go UDFA but then said f**k it, its the last pick, who cares?"

If they didn't have that pick, odds are good that Purdy is playing somewhere else right.

Nah we woulda taken him over castro-fields most likely
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Agree, but there probably was a also good chance they would have paid Brock big undrafted free agent money to come to the 49ers too.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree, but there probably was a also good chance they would have paid Brock big undrafted free agent money to come to the 49ers too.
doubt it, Purdy said he was already thinking of other teams and the 49ers weren't on his list
Share 49ersWebzone