LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 261 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by highway49:
I've not been able to find any information on what the field condition's and playing surface, is looking like for our home game…any one heard ?

Dry and cool temperatures. Wind is a non factor. Hasn't rained here since Wednesday and no forecast of any rain anytime soon.
Originally posted by thl408:
I've not been able to find any information on what the field condition's and playing surface, is looking like for our home game…any one heard ?

Dry and cool temperatures. Wind is a non factor. Hasn't rained here since Wednesday and no forecast of any rain anytime soon.
Copy that , thanks
But, mostly wondering if the playing surface is beat/torn up from last week's game or relatively OK, guessing we would have heard if it was.
  • thl408

Copy that , thanks
But, mostly wondering if the playing surface is beat/torn up from last week's game or relatively OK, guessing we would have heard if it was.

Oh I'm sure the grass is fine. While it was a steady rain last week, it wasn't a torrential downpour that would result in beat up grass. Plus they've had a week to make it pristine again.

Copy that , thanks

Oh I'm sure the grass is fine. While it was a steady rain last week, it wasn't a torrential downpour that would result in beat up grass. Plus they've had a week to make it pristine again.

Sounds right, I'm probably just thinking back to the many problems they had with the grass when it opened originally.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

Copy that , thanks

Sounds right, I'm probably just thinking back to the many problems they had with the grass when it opened originally.

You bring up an interesting point. I think Mike Martz was on air earlier in the week that the 49ers would have to be careful with field conditions. Even though it will be a nice dry day, last week's rain would still make the grass somewhat slippery. I don't know how to interpret that…
  • Baldie
  • Veteran

its not suppose to rain....all that matters
Originally posted by Baldie:

its not suppose to rain....all that matters

Yup. If Brock can get good grip on the ball we're gonna rack up yards and points

Guys like Haberman & Lombardi have said the field looks excellent.

this week the rain is terrorizing the AFCC game. Lol

I'll be shocked if the chiefs win but they always have a chance with mahommes
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 27, 2024 at 10:05 AM ]

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Baldie:
I just hope DET run game doesn't run all over our D. You know that's what they are going to attack us with along with that play action

If we shut down the run game they have no shot

Score early and often. Our aerial attack will be in full display with the perfect weather for everyone to see. No more rust, rain to talk about and a Superbowl berth is on the line. They're going to play catch up and I really believe that! 38-27 WIN baby!

• thl408
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

It'd be nice if he played and didn't know where to line up or not understand the audibles.

It'd be nice if he played and didn't know where to line up or not understand the audibles.

Yeah Im guessing they thought he would be a liability out there.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Yeah Im guessing they thought he would be a liability out there.

Not sure if this is good or bad news
Share 49ersWebzone