Originally posted by tankle104:

Should've stayed where his a$$ was at
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by thl408:
I've not been able to find any information on what the field condition's and playing surface, is looking like for our home game…any one heard ?

Dry and cool temperatures. Wind is a non factor. Hasn't rained here since Wednesday and no forecast of any rain anytime soon.
Copy that , thanks
But, mostly wondering if the playing surface is beat/torn up from last week's game or relatively OK, guessing we would have heard if it was.

Oh I'm sure the grass is fine. While it was a steady rain last week, it wasn't a torrential downpour that would result in beat up grass. Plus they've had a week to make it pristine again.

Sounds right, I'm probably just thinking back to the many problems they had with the grass when it opened originally.

You bring up an interesting point. I think Mike Martz was on air earlier in the week that the 49ers would have to be careful with field conditions. Even though it will be a nice dry day, last week's rain would still make the grass somewhat slippery. I don't know how to interpret that…

I'm pretty sure this matter was already taken care of especially Kyle took notice of last game's players slipping on the wet grass and Purdy's issue of holding/throwing wet football.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

This is good news for us. Ertz is another weapon the Niners would've had to account for.
ust Originally posted by zeppfan1:

This is good news for us. Ertz is another weapon the Niners would've had to account for.

I guess it's just confusing. Why sign when you aren't going to play? maybe it was his only option?

if he was going to do this, he should of just signed a week or two ago - give him time to get up to speed.

the Kelce brothers were adamant he was going to play. lol

And Tampa had one of the worst run offenses in the league this yr
ESPN analytics (for what it's worth lmao) says there is a 74.1% chance we win this game. they know that we are in a different realm than the Detroit Cubs.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

And Tampa had one of the worst run offenses in the league this yr

Detroits run defense and pass defense has been AWFUL during the post season. I think it's worse than the numbers suggest - especially when you look at the schedule they played.

at least our defense played a bunch of playoff teams. They played tons of scrubs.
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Score early and often. Our aerial attack will be in full display with the perfect weather for everyone to see. No more rust, rain to talk about and a Superbowl berth is on the line. They're going to play catch up and I really believe that! 38-27 WIN baby!

Yeah, get that momentum early and put a stake through their hearts
The teams that make it to the SB are often the ones that are peaking at the right time. The 49ers are 2-2 since that Christmas loss to the ravens. Last week's win against the Pack wasn't exactly scintillating. I hope the Niners didn't peak too early in the year. They need a strong showing tomorrow to get back on track if they have any hope of beating the Ravens or Chiefs.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Oh damn. A rain storm is expected for the AFCC. Thank god we will have nice weather

I'm up in WA State right now and it's another atmospheric river week. I hope none of that moves south!

PS: I'm so stoked for this game. This is our year!!

I'm also in WA State. lol which part you in?

Looks like we will miss it, but it hits cali a few days after the game. thank baby jesus

Nice. Born and raised here until my early 20's. I'm a Sun God...had to get out ASAP.

Right now, coastal town outside of Olympia (Dad's place). You?

Gig Harbor, Pierce County. Went to the Seahawks game in Seattle last November which was probably 40 percent faithful. Saw a bar in Seattle near Lumen that caters to 49er fans. Maybe the owner is one of us faithful.

😂
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The teams that make it to the SB are often the ones that are peaking at the right time. The 49ers are 2-2 since that Christmas loss to the ravens. Last week's win against the Pack wasn't exactly scintillating. I hope the Niners didn't peak too early in the year. They need a strong showing tomorrow to get back on track if they have any hope of beating the Ravens or Chiefs.

And the lions are squeaking out wins vs Nick Mullen lead MIN 2xs. The Rams and baker mayfield

they haven't play flawless football by any stretch.

I didn't see how he was going to play in one week. He doesn't even know the plays.
Interesting, Mariucci wanted Andy Reid to be his OC here in SF but Holmgren prevented it :(
Originally posted by Wrathman:

I didn't see how he was going to play in one week. He doesn't even know the plays.

They must be really confident that they're going to the super bowl. Lol

imagine exit interviews. "Well we appreciate your week. Hope you enjoyed your time. Take care".
Share 49ersWebzone