LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 264 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Fun fact….Half of the Lion's sacks this yr came from Desmond Ridder, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Nick Mullens 2xs.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Interesting, Mariucci wanted Andy Reid to be his OC here in SF but Holmgren prevented it :(

there was only room for one mustache in SF
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Fun fact….Half of the Lion's sacks this yr came from Desmond Ridder, Jimmy Garoppolo, and Nick Mullens 2xs.

They're effed. I feel great about this game.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The teams that make it to the SB are often the ones that are peaking at the right time. The 49ers are 2-2 since that Christmas loss to the ravens. Last week's win against the Pack wasn't exactly scintillating. I hope the Niners didn't peak too early in the year. They need a strong showing tomorrow to get back on track if they have any hope of beating the Ravens or Chiefs.

And the lions are squeaking out wins vs Nick Mullen lead MIN 2xs. The Rams and baker mayfield

they haven't play flawless football by any stretch.

Mullens moving the ball on that pass D and Baker almost got it done last week.. damn. We will have no problem moving on that D. But we need to score TD instead of FG. I buy that you need to get hot going in to the playoffs but Niners already secured the number 1 seed before the last game vs the Rams. The tough win last week I believe was due to rust/rain and a hot GB. Our D didn't break but they kept the ball away from our offense with those long sustained drives when they had the ball especially in the first half. . I was more worried about GB since Lafleur runs the same system. Another thing, we had the rest and pretty much healthy all around. Meanwhile Detroit has been battling the last few weeks and few of their guys are pretty banged up badly. There is no more rain, there is no more rust to talk about. Their passing D is suspect and They are flying in and playing in our house. I like this matchup better.

And Tampa had one of the worst run offenses in the league this yr

Which probably means that the Lions spent extra resources trying to stop the passing game first.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The teams that make it to the SB are often the ones that are peaking at the right time. The 49ers are 2-2 since that Christmas loss to the ravens. Last week's win against the Pack wasn't exactly scintillating. I hope the Niners didn't peak too early in the year. They need a strong showing tomorrow to get back on track if they have any hope of beating the Ravens or Chiefs.

You're really going to count that week 18 JV squad loss to the Rams like it means anything? If anything it may have helped us because it led to both the Rams and Cowboys getting knocked out in round 1. Had we won that game, the Rams and Cowboys would've played each other round 1 so only one would've been eliminated.

And I really don't get why people are giving the 49ers flack for "barely" beating the Packers. First of all, it's the playoffs, who cares as long as you win. Second of all, the Packers blew out the Cowboys in their own stadium literally the week before (where the Cowboys hadn't lost in 15 months). That was not a 9-8 Packers team we were playing. It was more like a 7-2 Packers team. And in the rain, to boot.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Jan 27, 2024 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Interesting, Mariucci wanted Andy Reid to be his OC here in SF but Holmgren prevented it :(

there was only room for one mustache in SF

Only one walrus.
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

And Tampa had one of the worst run offenses in the league this yr

Which probably means that the Lions spent extra resources trying to stop the passing game first.

What "extra resources" are you referring too? They got the same personnel they had last week.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
You're really going to count that week 18 JV squad loss to the Rams like it means anything? If anything it may have helped us because it led to both the Rams and Cowboys getting knocked out in round 1. Had we won that game, the Rams and Cowboys would've played each other round 1 so only one would've been eliminated.

And I really don't get why people are giving the 49ers flack for "barely" beating the Packers. First of all, it's the playoffs, who cares as long as you win. Second of all, the Packers blew out the Cowboys in their own stadium literally the week before (where the Cowboys hadn't lost in 15 months). That was not a 9-8 Packers team we were playing. It was more like a 7-2 Packers team. And in the rain, to boot.

And the Niners did everything you could do to lose that game and still won. It's not like they played perfect football and just got outplayed.

Dumb penalties and slipping on the field played a bigger part than the packers just being good.

people gotta realize a bunch of guys hadn't played meaningful football since the end of December.
Let's build off that 4th QR play!!

Let's build off that 4th QR play!!

I really think we are going to smack them straight into next season.

Dumbass Dez said lions are going to win, that means we for sure are gonna spank their ass. Lol dude is dumber than a three dicked goat.
What "extra resources" are you referring too? They got the same personnel they had last week.

It may be the same personnel, but the Lions defensive gameplan going in could've been to concentrate more on the passing attack of the Bucs instead of their rushing attack.
Dez doesn't know what he's talking about. He's an idiot.
Share 49ersWebzone