LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Mullens moving the ball on that pass D and Baker almost got it done last week.. damn. We will have no problem moving on that D. But we need to score TD instead of FG. I buy that you need to get hot going in to the playoffs but Niners already secured the number 1 seed before the last game vs the Rams. The tough win last week I believe was due to rust/rain and a hot GB. Our D didn't break but they kept the ball away from our offense with those long sustained drives when they had the ball especially in the first half. . I was more worried about GB since Lafleur runs the same system. Another thing, we had the rest and pretty much healthy all around. Meanwhile Detroit has been battling the last few weeks and few of their guys are pretty banged up badly. There is no more rain, there is no more rust to talk about. Their passing D is suspect and They are flying in and playing in our house. I like this matchup better.
Every game is different. Maybe the Lions were cocky and believed that TB wasn't in their league and didn't play their best.

One thing has been constant this season: We always get everyone's best. Teams always punch above their weight against us.
Maybe. But When you're are first time in the playoffs let alone a perennial losing franchise, do you think they have the swagger or can overlook like a Cowboys/Eagles or any other franchises that are on the playoffs year in and year out? Doubt it. They also have a coach that knows how to get the most out of their players. The numbers bare that their passing defense is very vulnerable and we know Shany sees it and will exploit it. We just need to get to a fast start and let them play catch up.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
If these happen, we win:
Defense steps up, meaning DLine (they have the capability!) and DBs (do they have the capability?)
Purdy takes what the defense gives him, no hero ball
Deebo better be fully recovered, not 82%, no decoy ball
Moody "already" got a pep talk
Shanahan, no matter what Kittle said about him, growth and all that, needs to call a very good game

There is a reason Vegas still has the 49ers with the best odds to win the SB.

1. DL, with Warner, and Greenlaw has to control the Lions' running game. Montgomery is not only a load, he is a patient, smart runner. Gibbs is a game-wrecker with his speed. Miss one tackle and he makes a house call. Keep those guys in check; punching a ticket to Las Vegas will be much easier. Young and Bosa MUST set the edge - do a much better job than they did against GB. If those things happen, Purdy and the offense will have better field position and chances to score.
%3D%3D
If this happens, I GUARANTEE you all that the 49ers will win:

score more points than the Lions.

LET"S GOOOOOOOO
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 27, 2024 at 5:44 PM ]

Rams coaching staff getting raided. Love it. Cripple em!!!
Originally posted by Heroism:

LET"S GOOOOOOOO

Wow, bold prediction.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Heroism:

LET"S GOOOOOOOO

Wow, bold prediction.

G-U-A-R-A-N-T-E-E
Watching the Dallas and Philly games tonight….so good!!!
Originally posted by 9erson3:
%3D%3D

So hyped for tomorrow night! Go 49ers!
I am too. Detroit fever has completely taken over. The NFL and Country want Detroit.

Let's smash the s**t out of that dream. I want a blow out. A total destruction. No backing into SB. Destroy them. Please Kyle, leave your conservative hat at home.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Did Phoenix confirm? LOL

He's the one who paid for em

Nice!👍
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by 9erson3:
I am too. Detroit fever has completely taken over. The NFL and Country want Detroit.

Let's smash the s**t out of that dream. I want a blow out. A total destruction. No backing into SB. Destroy them. Please Kyle, leave your conservative hat at home.

Nothing will change after the Niners stomp them, It will only shift from Detroit to Baltimore. All good though, they seem to enjoy being the underdogs.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
The league has gone from mean Joe green, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, ray Lewis.

To this p***y s**t

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39402784/san-francisco-49ers-puppy-therapy-nfc-championship-game

How much of a whiny b***h do you have to be to complain about people hanging with shelter dogs? Asking for a friend.

only sociopaths hate dogs

🚩

No I love dogs. I have a dog myself.

It's the fact that they they need therapy cuddles to calm their nerves.

s**t we had Fred Dean smoking cigarettes at halftime.

But i guess its to be expected these days.

Sorry to trigger you guys.

Clearly not as triggered as the guy calling others pussies for visiting shelter dogs? This is some limp-dick boomer energy.
people smoke cigs to calm their nerves lol

I'd rather kick it with my dogs than people 99% of the time. Lol

Looks like some safe space are needed here.
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Jan 27, 2024 at 6:53 PM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
This time tomorrow, we're either going to the SB or staying home
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Baldie:
This time tomorrow, we're either going to the SB or staying home

I'll be staying home, Super Bowl tickets are expensive.
Share 49ersWebzone