LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 224 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ravens definitely getting f**ked on Sunday.

yup

Whoa.
I think the Packers may be better than the Lions
Originally posted by thl408:
Anyone know anything about the Lions DTs and their ability to pass rush? I thought the interior OL was struggling a bit in pass protection versus the Packers DTs.

Alim McNeill is pretty good. He's a guy that I liked a lot coming out in the draft a couple years ago, has blossomed into an outstanding run stopper and solid pass rusher. He's PFF's highest ranked DT remaining in the playoffs.
  • thl408
I should have been specific. Who the hell are: Josh Pascal, Benito Jones, and Alim McNeill?
I should have been specific. Who the hell are: Josh Pascal, Benito Jones, and Alim McNeill?

If you don't know McNeill, you will
Originally posted by tankle104:
Anyone know anything about the Lions DTs and their ability to pass rush? I thought the interior OL was struggling a bit in pass protection versus the Packers DTs.

Hutchinson is a stud all around, just like bosa. I think bosa is better but aiden is a menace. Outside of him, I don't think they have scary pass rushers. Their d line is good at run stopping, or was during the reg season.

our interior should eat their interior o line alive - they're missing both guards and their C is super banged up. They have good tackle that bosa will have to go against.

Thanks for info. Was wondering about the Lions' Defensive Tackles. You gave me a bunch of stuff about their DE and interior OL. lol

Just to add on that, they lost their best run blocking TE against the Bucs. So he won't play this weekend. They signed ertz to replace him and he sucks ar blocking.

la porta is a savage but one of his knees is really banged up. If it wasn't the playoffs - he most likely wouldn't be playing. He's essentially on one leg.

lmao all I know about their interior d line is that they're good run stoppers but not great pass rushers.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 23, 2024 at 11:47 AM ]
Just to add on that, they lost their best run blocking TE against the Bucs. So he won't play this weekend. They signed ertz to replace him and he sucks ar blocking.

la porta is a savage but one of his knees is really banged up. If it wasn't the playoffs - he most likely wouldn't be playing. He's essentially on one leg.

lmao all I know about their interior d line is that they're good run stoppers but not great pass rushers.

My understanding and they mentioned on the broadcast last week, LaPorta was looking great going into the last game. The Ertz move is more related to Brock Wright.

From another poster:
"I hope you are right. It won't be all that easy. Detroit has Alim McNeil in the middle. He is stout and quick. (#7 ranked ID in the league.) They have Hutchinson coming off the edge. He is a pure stud. Mckivitz will get tested harder than the GB game.

If those two have their way, it will mask the relative deficiencies the Lions have in the secondary."
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

My understanding and they mentioned on the broadcast last week, LaPorta was looking great going into the last game. The Ertz move is more related to Brock Wright.

I thought I heard the announcers say that la portas leg was better than the week before but not good. He was fighting through it. He's young so he's doing a good job

Doesnt matter, their entire OL is elite. Losing Jackson obviously hurts because his backup is atrocious but Sewell is playing RT at a Trent Williams level, Decker is a very good LT and Ragnow will play even if he has to chop a leg off. Guy played and well with a broken throat and a torn meniscus. They'll load him up with painkillers and he'll come out and bust his ass all game long.

4 out of 5 spots are going to handle their business so the DL has to take their game to a whole other level.

McNeil is a really good player. 88.5 grade on PFF. Hes got 5 sacks on this year from the inside. He shed 20 pounds over the offseason, so hes been quite improved this year over previous seasons.
  • thl408

Hutchinson is a stud all around, just like bosa. I think bosa is better but aiden is a menace. Outside of him, I don't think they have scary pass rushers. Their d line is good at run stopping, or was during the reg season.

our interior should eat their interior o line alive - they're missing both guards and their C is super banged up. They have good tackle that bosa will have to go against.

Thanks for info. Was wondering about the Lions' Defensive Tackles. You gave me a bunch of stuff about their DE and interior OL. lol

Still good info. I admit I don't know the DET defense very well. Many names I've never heard of.

From another poster:
"I hope you are right. It won't be all that easy. Detroit has Alim McNeil in the middle. He is stout and quick. (#7 ranked ID in the league.) They have Hutchinson coming off the edge. He is a pure stud. Mckivitz will get tested harder than the GB game.

If those two have their way, it will mask the relative deficiencies the Lions have in the secondary."

I think Brock can mask a lot of those guys tbh, at least in the pass game, by playing fast. DET in the run game that will be strength on strength, our run O vs their run D.
im predicting a legit shootout

niners - 34
lions - 28
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
im predicting a legit shootout

niners - 34
lions - 28

Good call
Share 49ersWebzone