LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 160 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TyCore:
I had a dream we didn't do so well in the NFCCG and we were all blaming Colton McKivitz

I had a similar dream last night where someone had to haul some very heavy equipment up to the top of a granite peak so I could murder someone. Oh, and it also included the Decopan (Sumo) mandarin tree.

It made sense at the time.

This is what happens when you quit drinking. You go from no dreams at all to very vivid nightmares.
  • thl408
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
The Niners are a better team nw but Detroit is an up and coming team. They've drafted well in recent years and all those poor finishes resulted in some real talent. On offense they're similar to the Niners with a better O line. Solid QB, Good RBs. Good young TE. One really good receiver. Their defense isn't as good but they do have an excellent edge rusher. Upgrade the CBs and add a stud LB and they could be a contender for some time. Very young at this point.

Agreed. One possibly glaring weakness they have, that may prevent prolonged success, is that their head coach is not a play caller. So if their OC gets hired away, they need to find a good replacement.
We kind of saw that happen with PHI this season. They are not happy with their new OC this season after their OC from last season got hired away. Then their HC didn't know what to do besides wave his pompoms around with more energy.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by TyCore:
I had a dream we didn't do so well in the NFCCG and we were all blaming Colton McKivitz

I had a similar dream last night where someone had to haul some very heavy equipment up to the top of a granite peak so I could murder someone. Oh, and it also included the Decopan (Sumo) mandarin tree.

It made sense at the time.

This is what happens when you quit drinking. You go from no dreams at all to very vivid nightmares.

That's funny I had a son born a couple weeks ago and quit drinking alcohol, gummies, melatonin and stuff like NyQuil. I didn't realize how I needed one of those things every night to fall asleep. I actually quit Jan 1. Anyway my dreams have been insane. I had one before the Packers game I'll never forget. I was in some sort of torture device and every time the Niners did something good, a different GB fan would put a clothes pin on my balls. It was in a dark basement Saw type room.Well we ended up losing the game and the GB fans let me live. I've had so many other strange dreams that I cannot remember.

Anywho go Niners!
  • Jason
  • Veteran
Bro, I had a dream last week that we lost to Detroit by 5 then later it changed to 3. I'm saying it now because if you tell people they never come true.
Originally posted by Silky:
That's funny I had a son born a couple weeks ago and quit drinking alcohol, gummies, melatonin and stuff like NyQuil. I didn't realize how I needed one of those things every night to fall asleep. I actually quit Jan 1. Anyway my dreams have been insane. I had one before the Packers game I'll never forget. I was in some sort of torture device and every time the Niners did something good, a different GB fan would put a clothes pin on my balls. It was in a dark basement Saw type room.Well we ended up losing the game and the GB fans let me live. I've had so many other strange dreams that I cannot remember.

Anywho go Niners!

Congrats!
  • thl408
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Anywho go Niners!

Congrats!

Wow, congrats Silky. Weird though, my drug usage increased with the more kids I had.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by thl408:
Anyone know anything about the Lions DTs and their ability to pass rush? I thought the interior OL was struggling a bit in pass protection versus the Packers DTs.

Hutchinson is a stud all around, just like bosa. I think bosa is better but aiden is a menace. Outside of him, I don't think they have scary pass rushers. Their d line is good at run stopping, or was during the reg season.

our interior should eat their interior o line alive - they're missing both guards and their C is super banged up. They have good tackle that bosa will have to go against.

Lions DBs blitz effectively also
The Conference Championship is going to be another tough game, but I expect it to not be as close as the Divisional game versus the Packers was.

Anywho go Niners!

Xcuse me?

Anywho go Niners!

Congrats on your new son! Truly one of life's greatest gifts. Gotta hold onto them tight, they grow up way too fast, I'm sure you've already heard that a million times but it's so true lol.
My son is almost 24 and all these years have just flown by. It's easiest when they're too young to talk back, but once they get full grown it's a whole new ball game😎

Enjoy the ride, it's a great one!!🍻

Originally posted by thl408:
Wow, congrats Silky. Weird though, my drug usage increased with the more kids I had.

Lol, ain't that the truth 🤣🤣
Originally posted by genus49:

Anywho go Niners!

Xcuse me?

Probably that Pack poster 49ersvPackers
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
This and Goff has similar arm strength to Brock. If weather is an issue, it will be so for both qbs

Goff has a stronger arm.

b******t bro. His arm strength is average. That's why they traded him for Stafford.

If you don't think Goff has a stronger arm, you're fibbing

Bro it's called reading scouting reports and using your eyes. The #1 criticism of Goff coming out was arm strength. If you don't think they have relatively equal arm strength, you're not watching them play.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by tankle104:

…hmm season worth of data v. 29 carries

Hmmm. How many top 10 rush offenses did the Lions face during that season worth of data and how did they fair against them? What we do know is that competition is stiffer in the playoffs.

I don't know...they're in the same division as Packers and Justin Fields.

But, regardless - 29 carries isn't telling me anything. Niners should be able to run on pretty much everyone. I'd still run if they gave up 110 yards on 29 carries in this post-season - which comes out to be 3.7 YPC. A couple of carries that led to extra 34 yards isn't swaying my decision to whether I should run more or pass more.

That's all.
Bro it's called reading scouting reports and using your eyes. The #1 criticism of Goff coming out was arm strength. If you don't think they have relatively equal arm strength, you're not watching them play.

You can go to walterfootball (which I don't put any real stock in personally) and see scouting profiles for each. Goff is described as having a quality, but not cannon, arm and it's also described as capable. Purdy was described as having arm strength limitations.

Beyond that, it's not hard to see his arm is stronger just by watching the games.

I'm still taking Brock.
Share 49ersWebzone