LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 252 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Stanley:
Any drop off in offensive production is more to do with Shanahan than Purdy. The play calling is suspect

Riiiiiiiiight
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Patton:
Any way Lynch might be able to have Demeco run the defense this week that way we can give Wilks a much needed week off?

offense and special teams were way worse than the defense vs green bay

The defense is probably the only unit that played a good game. They weren't elite but came through with red zone defense, fourth down stops, & turnovers. That's what kept us in the game.

i really don't understand what Kyle was doing having Brock throw so much and so many empty sets in that weather. At least it shows that Kyle trusts Brock ALOT. Lol Kyle needs to be better though, probably his worth playoff performance. I think next game will be a lot better.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Preach, yessir

Originally posted by tankle104:
The defense is probably the only unit that played a good game. They weren't elite but came through with red zone defense, fourth down stops, & turnovers. That's what kept us in the game.

i really don't understand what Kyle was doing having Brock throw so much and so many empty sets in that weather. At least it shows that Kyle trusts Brock ALOT. Lol Kyle needs to be better though, probably his worth playoff performance. I think next game will be a lot better.

Are these yeses or no's?????
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Silky:
That's funny I had a son born a couple weeks ago and quit drinking alcohol, gummies, melatonin and stuff like NyQuil. I didn't realize how I needed one of those things every night to fall asleep. I actually quit Jan 1. Anyway my dreams have been insane. I had one before the Packers game I'll never forget. I was in some sort of torture device and every time the Niners did something good, a different GB fan would put a clothes pin on my balls. It was in a dark basement Saw type room.Well we ended up losing the game and the GB fans let me live. I've had so many other strange dreams that I cannot remember.

Anywho go Niners!

Congrats!

Wow, congrats Silky. Weird though, my drug usage increased with the more kids I had.

Everyone increased their drug usage when you had more children.
Any drop off in offensive production is more to do with Shanahan than Purdy. The play calling is suspect

Purdy couldn't hit his checkdowns he was so innaccurate , that's on purdy, the qb who is responsible for throwing the ball

nah purdy needs to complete the passes. that was their gameplan and he failed for most of the day

Purdy couldn't hit his checkdowns he was so innaccurate , that's on purdy, the qb who is responsible for throwing the ball

Jed may have to come thru with the climate controlled retractable roof,

Think this is being overblown at least in terms of the first half especially

1st drive - 5 yard rush, 15 yard screen. False start. Incomplete pass, 9 yard pass, Sack. Punt.

For me only realistic complaint is maybe we run on 1st and 15.

2nd drive - 7 passes to 4 rushes. Ends in TD pass to Kittle

3rd drive - 5 passes 4 rushes. We basically punt on our chances of scoring a TD with clock management. Blocked field goal.

End of half. I still can't get over this was our fast half on offense in terms of possessions.

nah purdy needs to complete the passes. that was their gameplan and he failed for most of the day

its the same game plan we had in most of our games which is pass to set up the run.He missed a lot of passes he normally makes if he completes those no one is talking about the gameplan.
[ Edited by ritz126 on Jan 23, 2024 at 4:23 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Got to wonder how productive he can be

Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:

he played well when he came back in the game
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

AA, Hargrave, and Kinkaw about to find out lol
Originally posted by Patton:
Any way Lynch might be able to have Demeco run the defense this week that way we can give Wilks a much needed week off?

Eh… defense was kind of a mixed bag. Yes they got the two interceptions and several red zone stops, but the Packers had a lot of lengthy drives and controlled the clock until near the end of the 3rd quarter.

It reminded me of the Vikings game where everyone said the defense was raw sewage even though we "only" gave up 22 points. The Vikings had extremely long drives and controlled the ball for what felt like the vast majority of the game. A few red zone stops and a missed field goal made the defensive performance look a lot better than it really was.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Eh… defense was kind of a mixed bag. Yes they got the two interceptions and several red zone stops, but the Packers had a lot of lengthy drives and controlled the clock until near the end of the 3rd quarter.

It reminded me of the Vikings game where everyone said the defense was raw sewage even though we "only" gave up 22 points. The Vikings had extremely long drives and controlled the ball for what felt like the vast majority of the game. A few red zone stops and a missed field goal made the defensive performance look a lot better than it really was.

100 percent.
Originally posted by ritz126:

its the same game plan we had in most of our games which is pass to set up the run.He missed a lot of passes he normally makes if he completes those no one is talking about the gameplan.

exactly, it wasn't like he was dropping back for 5 seconds not knowing where to go with the ball because every receiver was blanketed, guys were open
Share 49ersWebzone