Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

good things it's 2024, mofos.

Surrender rags.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Silky:
I was just thinking that at this time last week I was a nervous wreck. GB dismantled Dallas and I was legitimately worried they'd beat us. It almost happened, but didn't. This week I'm much more calm about the Lions. You can call it false confidence, but I think last week was our real test in the NFC. I foresee much better offense and defense respectively and we win by 13+. The scare is over. Time to whoop some hiney now

I am just worried about our defense. And that Hutch dude some. That is pretty much it. GB sure was a test..not sure it gets testier than that haha. I thought for sure we lost in the 3rd qtr..so many things going wrong. Kinda felt like Cleveland 2.0 lol. But it ended up with ice in the veins, polar Purdy going full Joe.

Not so much worried about the defense as I am about Ambry. He's got Josh Norman part deau written all over him. Goff is a dud, but you know Lamar / Mahomes will exploit that ass in the SB if we make it there
Originally posted by socalfan21:
If Kyle loses to Jared Goff and Dan Campbell to lose your 3rd straight nfc championship, this one at home, it's over. This dude isn't winning s**t in SF

the other side to this coin is, if Kyle wins one and gets that off his back, I think he will 1 or 2 more quickly after. He almost seems to be pressing sometimes with his game management. i think he's the biggest star on a team full of them, but there is pressure on him. Hopefully he gets it done now.
Originally posted by BP13:
the other side to this coin is, if Kyle wins one and gets that off his back, I think he will 1 or 2 more quickly after. He almost seems to be pressing sometimes with his game management. i think he's the biggest star on a team full of them, but there is pressure on him. Hopefully he gets it done now.

I tend to think this is a possibility as well. Break the seal and relieve the pressure… not just Kyle but the entire team.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:
If Kyle loses to Jared Goff and Dan Campbell to lose your 3rd straight nfc championship, this one at home, it's over. This dude isn't winning s**t in SF

Rumor has it that the recent Niners are reaching 90s Bills status. Although those teams lost 4 Superbowls, this Niners team has 4 NFCC games and 1 SB loss to boot. If we lose this Sunday, I wouldn't bet on Kyle getting it done. If he can't do it with this loaded roster, he's never achieving ultimate success here
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I tend to think this is a possibility as well. Break the seal and relieve the pressure… not just Kyle but the entire team.

It's one thing to have a team for a year or two with super bowl expectations, but it's another when you're on your fifth year straight - that's exhausting and the pressure is insane. Especially when you look at how we've lost and how we had to play near perfect with jimmy.

if we can cap this season with Brock, the next 10 years will be wide open to accomplish anything. I think gettin that first monkey off your back is the key to that.

Ugly ass unis
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Ugly ass unis

Our guys needed something to wipe their asses with. I wonder if we will wear the 94 throwback jerseys. Last time we did was the baltimore game - need to get that stink off of em.

ill take Johnny dels take over others.

like I said earlier, outside of Hutchinson - we don't have much to worry about. They may try to create pressure with the corner blitz, which worked a lot on baker. Man I'm licking my chops thinking about Brock having time to carve em up 😍😍

We all saw the players slipping. That obviously hurt us. I'd say two things though:

I don't recall seeing GB defenders on the level we were (though I may have missed it)

Slipping doesn't mean those passes are falling incomplete if the slip doesn't happen. Probably limit the YAC though.

Beyond that a penalty is not an excuse and obviously the kick return was bad. At least a silver lining on the return is our offense wasn't stuck on the sidelines for half a quarter.

So what you're saying is that it's on the equipment manager Kyle hired.
Lions have absolutely no idea of what's about to hit them. They won't be in the comfort of their own home anymore.

We all saw the players slipping. That obviously hurt us. I'd say two things though:

I don't recall seeing GB defenders on the level we were (though I may have missed it)

Slipping doesn't mean those passes are falling incomplete if the slip doesn't happen. Probably limit the YAC though.

Beyond that a penalty is not an excuse and obviously the kick return was bad. At least a silver lining on the return is our offense wasn't stuck on the sidelines for half a quarter.
  • Cosmo

This is the biggest question mark on Kyle, IMO. He stubbornly refuses to have the team practice with wet balls when rain is in the forecast, and it shows when they play. Something similar seemed to be going on with the cleats. GB didn't seem to slip nearly as much, and we were at home. It seems like Kyle refuses to prepare dudes for the elements to prove a point or something. Hopefully they figure it out, at least it's clear weather rest of the way.
Share 49ersWebzone