LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 280 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JTB1974:
It would help if the defense doesn't allow an 8 minute opening drive resulting in points. I honestly think that hurt the offense having to just wait and then coming in cold. And it also tired out the defense early. I also read that Bosa played all but 1 snap. I know he's the only pass rusher we can count on right now but that is more reason to try and keep him fresh. Need to find spurts where we can rest him so he will still be fresh throughout the entire game. This is why we need Chase Young to do something. Also I would like Wilks to move Bosa all around. Have him line up on the right, line up on the left, Have him inside. Wilks needs to find creative ways to get pressure. Don't make it so vanilla and just expect the talent to do all on their own.

I am not really worried about our offense at all. This game will be decided by what our defense and to a lesser extent our special teams does.

I saw a lot of double and triple teaming Bosa and a lot of RB+TE chip and release on the opposite side.
I so wish we could be playing Detroit this week.
better luck next time, B!

all jokes aside - this is the move McCarthy needed ti make while he was the coach of Green Bay. He held on to the same d coordinator for way too long, even when he was bad for like 5 straight years or so. I can't remember his name but I was always surprised McCarthy didn't fire him. Good on lefluer for having the balls to make the change
Originally posted by YACBros85:
I saw a lot of double and triple teaming Bosa and a lot of RB+TE chip and release on the opposite side.

A ton. There were numerous plays where they'd chip bosa with a TE, and then keep a RB in to help block bosa with the tackle. Then there was numerous plays where they'd chip on both sides with the rb and TE. They did everything to keep him clean.

once again, the more film I've reviewed - I've realized the game wasn't as bad as I initially thought. It wasn't great but it wasn't bad. If we take away the slips (or even 1 or 2 of the ) and the multiple PI - it was a solid defensive game. Obviously that isn't how it works, and thise did happen, but it wasn't like they were abusing our defense. We were beating ourselves more so than they were beating us.
Originally posted by tankle104:

all jokes aside - this is the move McCarthy needed ti make while he was the coach of Green Bay. He held on to the same d coordinator for way too long, even when he was bad for like 5 straight years or so. I can't remember his name but I was always surprised McCarthy didn't fire him. Good on lefluer for having the balls to make the change

Thank god he's gone.
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:

Thank god he's gone.

Dom capers was the guy I was trying to think of. McCarthy held on to him wayyyy too long. From 2009-2017, all because he had a couple good years initially.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 24, 2024 at 6:29 AM ]

Dom Capers?
Originally posted by TheChozen:

Dom Capers?

Yeah. I just googled who it was right before you responded. Lol they held onto him for like 5 years too long. 2009-2017, should of been fired after like 2013. 2015 at the latest. Those last three or four seasons of his were pretty bad. Rodgers was just tearing it up but their defense was bad.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 24, 2024 at 6:34 AM ]

Dom Capers.
Yeah. I just googled who it was right before you responded. Lol they held onto him for like 5 years too long.

Haha you guys seem to love our suffering don't you lol?

Yeah. I just googled who it was right before you responded. Lol they held onto him for like 5 years too long.

Haha you guys seem to love our suffering don't you lol?

Well we follow the NFC closely and the packers were always a playoff team, or close to it. We were bad those years. For me, it was really more so just surprised he kept his job every year after watching the packers defense be below average. Even though they had a lot of talent, the scheme was sloppy and reliant on turnovers.
Well we follow the NFC closely and the packers were always a playoff team, or close to it. We were bad those years. For me, it was really more so just surprised he kept his job every year after watching the packers defense be below average. Even though they had a lot of talent, the scheme was sloppy and reliant on turnovers.

You guys really haven't been bad since 2010?

We were pretty bad between 2014 and 2018.

We've either been super bowl contenders or straight trash.
2010 - I believe we were 8-8 and didn't make playoffs.
Lol 2011-2013 we were contenders (NFCC appearance every year). 2014 we were 8-8. 2015-2017 we were bottom feeders. 2018 we sucked cause of injuries (2nd overall pick).
2019 - super bowl appearance
2020 - tons of injuries and sucked (nearly record setting injuries. I think only one team has had a more injured season).
2021- present - NFCC appearing every year and one super bowl appearing.
They're gonna tweet out clips of Deebo walking around in practice. Inconclusive. Keeps the Lions assuming.
Share 49ersWebzone