LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 279 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
I love how the niners are being crapped on by guys like cowherd. lets get it!

What do you expect. Most of the country and the media will be rooting for Detroit because it's a better story. They've been doormats forever. The Niners have been one of the elite teams for years. Most people see them as the bad guys in this matchup.
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
better luck next time, B!

all jokes aside - this is the move McCarthy needed ti make while he was the coach of Green Bay. He held on to the same d coordinator for way too long, even when he was bad for like 5 straight years or so. I can't remember his name but I was always surprised McCarthy didn't fire him. Good on lefluer for having the balls to make the change

Thank god he's gone.

Some might argue he was the reason this was even a game, and the Niners O was limited.....
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

What do you expect. Most of the country and the media will be rooting for Detroit because it's a better story. They've been doormats forever. The Niners have been one of the elite teams for years. Most people see them as the bad guys in this matchup.

The Niners often lose with Deebo out because we've mostly lost him in game, and hadn't had to play many games without him.

That skid without him this year we lost because of defense more than Deebo.

Freaking Cowherd.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

The Niners often lose with Deebo out because we've mostly lost him in game, and hadn't had to play many games without him.

Freaking Cowherd.

Also Cowherd is basically saying the Raiders would of beaten the Packers in that Playoff game since we beat them without Deebo. I wonder how many people agree with him on that?
Welp, they chose Bill Vinovich to be the head official of the SB. He did our SB against KC when they didn't call any holding, and our game this year against the Ravens.

I think we know how the SB turns out if we make it. 🙄
What is this dingleberry even saying lol?

pretty sure we just beat "the red hot" Packers with the next great FQB. Without Deebo.

dude doesn't even take into account who's calling the plays in SF vs LV. Also comparing Brock to whatever the f**k that kid is in LV is disrespectful. Saying Jacobs is CMC or Meyers is Kittle. Last I checked we got to all-pros there, which had zero to do with Deebo playing.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Welp, they chose Bill Vinovich to be the head official of the SB. He did our SB against KC when they didn't call any holding, and our game this year against the Ravens.

Time for SF to hold players on the OL all the same
Originally posted by Giedi:
They are a very good *run* team - just like us. I think that OLine is key to any Goff interceptions. Got to take some chances to run blitz and put them in 3rd and Long situations. And hope Bosa gets some pressure on Goff.

If we jump ahead of them early, 49ers will start pinning their ears back and the sacks should come.

Exactly. You have to limit big plays, force them to have long sustained drives. I imagine they will have some success moving the ball, but you just need as many 3rd and longs as possible early on. Stuff the run on first, force an incomplete on second, and then make Goff come up with a play.

If you can get an early lead and can get them leaning more one dimensional, its going to be a real tough ask for Goff.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Time for SF to hold players on the OL all the same

Fr. If they aren't going to call offensive holding on the O line than we need to take advantage of that.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Jan 24, 2024 at 8:16 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What is this dingleberry even saying lol?

pretty sure we just beat "the red hot" Packers with the next great FQB. Without Deebo.

dude doesn't even take into account who's calling the plays in SF vs LV. Also comparing Brock to whatever the f**k that kid is in LV is disrespectful. Saying Jacobs is CMC or Meyers is Kittle. Last I checked we got to all-pros there, which had zero to do with Deebo playing.

Bro still mad we dumped the QB that smashed and passed his daughter.

Someone said something a while back which I thought was interesting..Lions are too emotional. I would agree. Sometimes bad decisions are made when too emotional . We will see 👀
Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
better luck next time, B!

all jokes aside - this is the move McCarthy needed ti make while he was the coach of Green Bay. He held on to the same d coordinator for way too long, even when he was bad for like 5 straight years or so. I can't remember his name but I was always surprised McCarthy didn't fire him. Good on lefluer for having the balls to make the change

Thank god he's gone.

Some might argue he was the reason this was even a game, and the Niners O was limited.....

Don't follow the Packers defense, but judging from the last 2 games, I don't think it was that bad. What am I missing?

Freaking Cowherd.

Trent Williams was also out in the 3 games they lost this year. I believe Banks was banged up as well. That's like losing one side of your O line.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 24, 2024 at 8:18 AM ]

this guy ugh
Originally posted by Montana:
Someone said something a while back which I thought was interesting..Lions are too emotional. I would agree. Sometimes bad decisions are made when too emotional . We will see 👀

Lions are just happy to be here
Share 49ersWebzone