LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 248 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Lions offense is better than the 49ers, especially if Deebo doesn't play. We know how good their offense is. This game lies mainly on the 49ers defense side of the ball...which unfortunately has issues. They need to show up and execute. A lot of pressure on Wilks to come up with plan. I'm not high on him, but he is who we have now and I hope he comes up with something.
Originally posted by tankle104:
The Kelce bros are talking about the 49ers packers game - giving us love and respect 😎

"Brock was lights out in the fourth". "Their defense is incredible. As good as anyones". 😍😍

After the game there was so much negativity and this week, so many have come out with support and positivity for Brock and SF and it's awesome to see. The haters will always be there, I'm learning to ignore them. Really cool of the Kelce's to say this
[ Edited by ComeOnDeberg on Jan 24, 2024 at 8:25 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Welp, they chose Bill Vinovich to be the head official of the SB. He did our SB against KC when they didn't call any holding, and our game this year against the Ravens.

I think we know how the SB turns out if we make it. 🙄

WHY THE f**k DO THEY ALWAYS CHOOSE THIS PRICK, HE MISSES CALLS LEFT AND RIGHT. I DON'T HATE ANYONE, BUT I HATE THAT MUTHER f**kER!!!!!
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

The Lions O is slightly behind the Niners in every offensive category. I agree that without Deebo they are about equal. The D is the difference and if they can get pressure on Goff he'll fold because he has no mobility.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
The Lions offense is better than the 49ers, especially if Deebo doesn't play. We know how good their offense is. This game lies mainly on the 49ers defense side of the ball...which unfortunately has issues. They need to show up and execute. A lot of pressure on Wilks to come up with plan. I'm not high on him, but he is who we have now and I hope he comes up with something.

The Lions offense is not better than ours. Recency bias based on last month's of play. Remember at one point the team was putting up 30 points consistently. Everyone thinks the season started with the Ravens game.

Thats not to say the Lions offense isn't any good. They have greats RBs and a decent WR corp. I just don't buy the Goff hype. Everyone likes to label Brock as the ultimate game manager, but Jared Goff is the true essence of a game manager. Brock can at least improvise and make plays with his legs when he has to. Goff breaks down if the play doesn't go right and it's instant sack or turnover.

We MUST find a way to pressure Goff. Comeon Wilks, you dick come up with a viable game plan
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The Lions O is slightly behind the Niners in every offensive category. I agree that without Deebo they are about equal. The D is the difference and if they can get pressure on Goff he'll fold because he has no mobility.

Goff in 50 road games has 45 INT's.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What is this dingleberry even saying lol?

pretty sure we just beat "the red hot" Packers with the next great FQB. Without Deebo.

dude doesn't even take into account who's calling the plays in SF vs LV. Also comparing Brock to whatever the f**k that kid is in LV is disrespectful. Saying Jacobs is CMC or Meyers is Kittle. Last I checked we got to all-pros there, which had zero to do with Deebo playing.

He picked the Packers over us. Nuff said.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

pretty sure we just beat "the red hot" Packers with the next great FQB. Without Deebo.

dude doesn't even take into account who's calling the plays in SF vs LV. Also comparing Brock to whatever the f**k that kid is in LV is disrespectful. Saying Jacobs is CMC or Meyers is Kittle. Last I checked we got to all-pros there, which had zero to do with Deebo playing.

Bro still mad we dumped the QB that smashed and passed his daughter.

Grow up Colin. That part of life

Originally posted by Montana:
Someone said something a while back which I thought was interesting..Lions are too emotional. I would agree. Sometimes bad decisions are made when too emotional . We will see 👀

In terms of a single football game, decisions are good or bad based on outcome. One of the difficulties of playing the Lions is that they will be super aggressive. They will go for it on fourth down. That means a run on 3rd and 8 is not a surprising play call. A fake punt or FG is not out of the question. An random onside kick is not out of the question. They may go for 2 early.

When it works, it obviously increases their win probability. It rallies the troops, builds momentum. But when it doesnt work the Lions can shoot themselves in the foot. We saw that in the Cowboys game where the Lions went for it on 4th and goal from the 5 in the second quarter and failed to convert. Thus, passing on a simple chip field goal. They'd go on to outgain the Cowboys, have slightly more possession, a neutral turn over battle, and overall a very even game with Dallas. But then late in the 4th, the also opt to go for 2. Get a penalty against, still go for 2. Get a penalty for and still go for 2. And eventually lose the game by one having left at least 4 points off the board. Really no reason to lose the game. The Cowboys is no way outplayed them. But the Lions gave that one away. We just saw the Bills do something similar with a failed fake and had the Chiefs not fumbled for a touchback that decision may have been the nail in the coffin for them.

Likewise, not hard to imagine a scenario where the Lions get down 7 early and then end up going for a 4th and 4 in their own territory. Works out, they complete the drive and tie the game. Fail, and you could quickly be down 2 scores and be dangerously close to being forced to change playcalling.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

WHY THE f**k DO THEY ALWAYS CHOOSE THIS PRICK, HE MISSES CALLS LEFT AND RIGHT. I DON'T HATE ANYONE, BUT I HATE THAT MUTHER f**kER!!!!!
#screwedthesaints
#screwedthesuperbowl
Originally posted by DrEll:

He picked the Packers over us. Nuff said.

I get his shtick. It's entertainment and every once in a while he'll get a nugget of info because he knows people…but his knowledge of football and coming up with weird takes like this is laughable.

Any reasonable person who was in the same room with him when he said this, could have countered every dumb point he made. He never has that s**t on his show for a reason.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Bro still mad we dumped the QB that smashed and passed his daughter.

Grow up Colin. That part of life

Colin's just fishing for clicks
  • thl408
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by Montana:
Someone said something a while back which I thought was interesting..Lions are too emotional. I would agree. Sometimes bad decisions are made when too emotional . We will see 👀

In terms of a single football game, decisions are good or bad based on outcome. One of the difficulties of playing the Lions is that they will be super aggressive. They will go for it on fourth down. That means a run on 3rd and 8 is not a surprising play call. A fake punt or FG is not out of the question. An random onside kick is not out of the question. They may go for 2 early.

When it works, it obviously increases their win probability. It rallies the troops, builds momentum. But when it doesnt work the Lions can shoot themselves in the foot. We saw that in the Cowboys game where the Lions went for it on 4th and goal from the 5 in the second quarter and failed to convert. Thus, passing on a simple chip field goal. They'd go on to outgain the Cowboys, have slightly more possession, a neutral turn over battle, and overall a very even game with Dallas. But then late in the 4th, the also opt to go for 2. Get a penalty against, still go for 2. Get a penalty for and still go for 2. And eventually lose the game by one having left at least 4 points off the board. Really no reason to lose the game. The Cowboys is no way outplayed them. But the Lions gave that one away. We just saw the Bills do something similar with a failed fake and had the Chiefs not fumbled for a touchback that decision may have been the nail in the coffin for them.

Likewise, not hard to imagine a scenario where the Lions get down 7 early and then end up going for a 4th and 4 in their own territory. Works out, they complete the drive and tie the game. Fail, and you could quickly be down 2 scores and be dangerously close to being forced to change playcalling.

Agreed, that boom or bust philosophy is dangerous in a winner takes all setting. The defensive coaches can prepare the team by knowing DET's "go-to" concepts. At some point in the game, DET will make an ultra aggressive decision.
Share 49ersWebzone