LISTEN: The 49ers Super Bowl Hangover Is Real →

There are 250 users in the forums

49ERS vs Lions Pregame thread 2023 Season NFCCG

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How you know the Niners are gonna win …..??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ruixx:
Colin Cowherd must be getting a lot of clicks since he totally changed his tune and went anti-Purdy and Niners. I know all of these pundits don't do any actual fact-finding and it's just click bait but Cowherd's is so clearly documented from the start of the year he was pretty pro-Niner and then the ridiculous hat comment with Brock shot up his numbers and now he is tripping over himself to say the next insane headline.

Purdy won three in a row last season without Deebo. With Deebo out vs Cleveland can you really pin that loss all on Purdy?? Cowherd is a f**kin moron!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Purdy won three in a row last season without Deebo. With Deebo out vs Cleveland can you really pin that loss all on Purdy?? Cowherd is a f**kin moron!!

Trent being dinged up and out during that losing streak seemed like the bigger issue.
Originally posted by Patton:

Because

because this team is a lot hungrier than the lions, and they're playing at home

No clue. I don't have a ton of confidence, I thought we would roll GB and that didn't really happen. Our D is vulnerable to the run, and they have 2 insane RBs. Best hope is the O shows it's historic quality and the D can play pass vs Goff.
Dan Campbell and the Lions will 100% run at least one trick play. Either an onside kick, a fake punt, or a fake field goal. I stay way from sports betting like the plague but otherwise I would bet on that if I could.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Dan Campbell and the Lions will 100% run at least one trick play. Either an onside kick, a fake punt, or a fake field goal. I stay way from sports betting like the plague but otherwise I would bet on that if I could.

That's one aspect that has me a bit on edge, Campbell coaches pretty loose and aggressive. Brock and Kyle both had the yips last week. Now Brock I expect to be better, as he's gonna be rain free I suspect. Kyle on the other hand he just tightens up like a mofo in these playoff games. Hope he trusts in his squad and takes some dang chances.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
because this team is a lot hungrier than the lions, and they're playing at home

You forgot……and they're better
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
No clue. I don't have a ton of confidence, I thought we would roll GB and that didn't really happen. Our D is vulnerable to the run, and they have 2 insane RBs. Best hope is the O shows it's historic quality and the D can play pass vs Goff.

No confidence? Come on man, it's right there in your name after R and before F 😎

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

No confidence? Come on man, it's right there in your name after R and before F 😎

Vs GB, I thought there was no way we are losing to these guys, and we nearly did. I say this one is like a 50/50. Should be high scoring.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
What is this dingleberry even saying lol?

pretty sure we just beat "the red hot" Packers with the next great FQB. Without Deebo.

dude doesn't even take into account who's calling the plays in SF vs LV. Also comparing Brock to whatever the f**k that kid is in LV is disrespectful. Saying Jacobs is CMC or Meyers is Kittle. Last I checked we got to all-pros there, which had zero to do with Deebo playing.

Hes a hot take troll. Pay no attention. He doesn't even watch the Niners.
Originally posted by Niners99:

pretty sure we just beat "the red hot" Packers with the next great FQB. Without Deebo.

dude doesn't even take into account who's calling the plays in SF vs LV. Also comparing Brock to whatever the f**k that kid is in LV is disrespectful. Saying Jacobs is CMC or Meyers is Kittle. Last I checked we got to all-pros there, which had zero to do with Deebo playing.

The Raiders wouldn't have come close to beating Green Bay, probably would've lost by 17-20 Cowpie is a total dips**t.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I usually don't mind listening to cowherd but takes like that or his rants about wearing a hat backwards turn me off from him.

Isn't Tom Brady's iconic first Super Bowl photo of him holding the trophy with his hat backwards?! Lol

i don't mind guys having different takes than I do but I do mind how asinine their takes are. I don't tune into his stuff anymore. I never listen to nick wright. I won't click on anything SI or Cohn related. I don't play that s**t.
I'm confident in this team cause we have a great roster, top notch coach, a really good qb, all pro skill players and defensive players.

it's not that I think the lions are a crappy team, I just don't think they're an elite team like we are. We could lose but it would be a big surprise. I'll be shocked if the offense doesn't go off for at least 30+. As long as the defense isn't slipping, which they shouldn't, they'll be a serious problem for Goff. My only reason concern on offense is Ambry Thomas and then if we have Logan in again - I think he will struggle to help cover the skill guys and the run defense.
Share 49ersWebzone