49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 332 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• pd24
  • Veteran
I would even say the way Green Bay came in playing and the Lions were both more explosive on offense than what we are going to face against KC.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by thl408:
One important coaching matchup that should be recognized is Chris Foerster (SF OL) versus Spagnuolo (KC DC). KC is going to come with creative pressure packages so Foerster better pull some all nighters preparing for it.

I'm sure Foerster will definitely be pulling some all nighters in LV.

Is he the coke guy? Lol
Originally posted by pd24:
Is he the coke guy? Lol

Yea lol. I said yesterday he needs a 24/7 chaperone the minute they land out there.
I would even say the way Green Bay came in playing and the Lions were both more explosive on offense than what we are going to face against KC.

totally agree

no one can convince me that this year's kc offense is more dangerous than the version with tyreek
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
totally agree

no one can convince me that this year's kc offense is more dangerous than the version with tyreek

It's the least talented offense we've faced in the playoffs. But it's also the best coached, with the best player in the game.
Originally posted by Chance:
We didn't just get lucky. In fact, it played a small part. We won that game. Our dudes made play after play.

Unwarranted pessimism comes across as whiny to me. We got lucky on a play or two. Detroit also got lucky on a play or two. This is football. You seem to be completely missing the majority of a dominant 2nd half of play and a QB who was 13-16 with over 150 passing, 50 yards rushing, and a number of huge plays down the stretch. But one play that bounces off a guy's helmet and the whole things was just luck? C'mon man.

Well, I think complaining about someone else's assessment is whiny, but to each his own. How often do you see a ball bounce off a defender's face and end up in a completion? Maybe they would have scored anyway, but the 49ers got the benefit a number of things, and in most NFL games, the ball doesn't bounce your way that many times on those types of things.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
totally agree

It's the least talented offense we've faced in the playoffs. But it's also the best coached, with the best player in the game.

That's the rub though. I lack confidence in our schematic matchup. Talent wise, KC isn't that scary outside of Mahomes/Kelce. But our scheme does not matchup well at all with Reid's offense. I think Wilks is going to have to change up the formula in a major way for us to have success.
totally agree

nothing but respect for the chiefs, they can definitely win and surprise no one

im just thinking from the rematch perspective, a weaker chiefs team vs the avengers with a vengeance

This.

I'd rather face an explosive offense with a QB who can implode at any moment (Goff, Lamar, Dallas etc), compared to an offensive that is average statistically. Yet, has an elite QB who doesn't make many mistakes (Mahomes), with the best HC.
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
We didn't just get lucky. In fact, it played a small part. We won that game. Our dudes made play after play.

Unwarranted pessimism comes across as whiny to me. We got lucky on a play or two. Detroit also got lucky on a play or two. This is football. You seem to be completely missing the majority of a dominant 2nd half of play and a QB who was 13-16 with over 150 passing, 50 yards rushing, and a number of huge plays down the stretch. But one play that bounces off a guy's helmet and the whole things was just luck? C'mon man.

Well, I think complaining about someone else's assessment is whiny, but to each his own. How often do you see a ball bounce off a defender's face and end up in a completion? Maybe they would have scored anyway, but the 49ers got the benefit a number of things, and in most NFL games, the ball doesn't bounce your way that many times on those types of things.

It's about controlling what you can control. We can't control which way the ball bounces. We can control how we play the ball once it does. It was a good play from BA even if a luck element is involved. In some ways, you make your own luck. DET had some plays on the table, and didn't make em, including the punt that probably should have been downed inside the 5, among others. It's a matter of execution. I'll tell you what, Vildor in space vs BA is a big mismatch for SF. Vildor was a practice squad signing from another team to DET in December. If it's one on one downfield vs him and our best WR, DET is probably asking for something not good to happen. Hard to replicate, precisely, how that play turned out, but you can run that rep a lot and DET will probably lose a lot.

No way they pick up the PI if that pass isn't completed.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
I expect us to have a performance similar to that of Tampa Bay in SBLV.
Yeah, well, there's luck in every game. Get used to it. Ambry Thomas had an easy INT, a ball in his hands that bounced back into the WRs (bad luck). So I see no point in whining about what could have been. This is the playoffs and every game is likely going to be a tough win.

What makes you think I"m whining? I'm glad we got lucky, but we did get lucky.

The luck of the Irish?
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
This.

I'd rather face an explosive offense with a QB who can implode at any moment (Goff, Lamar, Dallas etc), compared to an offensive that is average statistically. Yet, has an elite QB who doesn't make many mistakes (Mahomes), with the best HC.

Mahomes has been very mistake prone this season. He is due for a post season INT. We will get 1 or 2. His Numbers are going to even out. Hopefully.
Originally posted by 49ers9797:
This.

Mahomes has been very mistake prone this season. He is due for a post season INT. We will get 1 or 2. His Numbers are going to even out. Hopefully.

I don't think we can count on Mahomes making many mistakes or turning the ball over unless it's something fluky. We'll have to hope that his receivers make some mistakes. Maybe they'll let a ball bounce off their hands and we can intercept it on the ricochet.
Share 49ersWebzone