🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Originally posted by tankle104:

love it

So who does everyone think he is exactly referring to?

We got Chase Young which was pretty obvious. Was there anyone else really though? Maybe Bosa? Although sometimes I think he just exhausted from his high snap count.

perhaps they challenged wilks on his game planning?
Originally posted by Crown:

love it

We got Chase Young which was pretty obvious. Was there anyone else really though? Maybe Bosa? Although sometimes I think he just exhausted from his high snap count.

perhaps they challenged wilks on his game planning?

I felt like he was talking directly to Chase Young when he said we have really good depth

love it

Wilks
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Empty the tank. As long as everyone on defense is giving there best effort we will be ok. All 11 meet at the ball every play
everyone keeps talking about how our defense was so much better in 2019. we still ended up allowing 31 to KC in the biggest game

love it

Young/Gregory and the DL as a whole. Gipson on that Gibbs TD comes to mind…it's not just the lack of effort, it's the half ass tackling too.

It's the being prepared from the first snap, not waiting until the second half to "figure it out". I'm glad it got called out…are defense is wayyy too talented to be doing what they've been doing.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 2, 2024 at 2:48 PM ]

love it

Kyle said it was some guys in the second unit - I think he was referring to the LB/C/S. They all just seemed like they thought someone else was gonna tackle him and just half assed it.

usually run defense is effort, setting the edge, gap assignment, and tackling. We just seemed to do a poor job if that last game.

You have to give the lions and packers o lines credit - they're both really good units but they shouldn't of handled us the way they did. We are way too talented for that.
Originally posted by pd24:
Empty the tank. As long as everyone on defense is giving there best effort we will be ok. All 11 meet at the ball every play

I feel like that's sometbing we are missing sometimes - not everyone swarming to the ball carrier all the time. I watched a couple ravens games this year and I was a always impressed by how many guys ALWAYS converged on the ball, just excellent effort.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
everyone keeps talking about how our defense was so much better in 2019. we still ended up allowing 31 to KC in the biggest game

That KC offense was incredible, so you have to start there. They lit up about everyone. They did an excellent job for about 85% of the game but then struggled down the stretch. Our offense didn't help them out, especially jimmys awful turnover.!

That KC offense was incredible, so you have to start there. They lit up about everyone. They did an excellent job for about 85% of the game but then struggled down the stretch. Our offense didn't help them out, especially jimmys awful turnover.!

well they dont have tyreek hill anymore and kelce is older and slower

love it

If young, in terms of effort, can't imagine he will be back next year regardless of price tag
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 2, 2024 at 2:58 PM ]

Yeah. Both these teams are very different from 2019. I am not sure there is really much that can be taken from that game.

49ers defense is now worse.
Chiefs offense is now worse.

49ers offense is now better.
Chiefs defense is now better.
What ranking was the Bucs D when they beat the chiefs?
Seeing posts reliving that 2019 Super Bowl

[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 2, 2024 at 3:13 PM ]

incase anyone is concerned
Share 49ersWebzone