There are 200 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk how I feel about this. Might turn up the first 2 days? Wtf

Ward is an all pro, but let's remember he already has one ring with the Chiefs. He might not be feeling the same sense of urgency that guys like Warner or Bosa are feeling. With that said, I fully expect our team captains to keep these guys in check.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk how I feel about this. Might turn up the first 2 days? Wtf

Ward is an all pro, but let's remember he already has one ring with the Chiefs. He might not be feeling the same sense of urgency that guys like Warner or Bosa are feeling. With that said, I fully expect our team captains to keep these guys in check.

Huh? He has the added urgency of facing his former team in the Super Bowl. If your theory is correct, Mahomes and Kelce won't be feeling that sense of urgency, which would be fantastic, albeit far fetched.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
They are calling the Kansas City Chiefs the new America's Team.

Yankees, Dodgers, Lakers, Celtics and Cowboys, no matter how bad the team is at the moment, they will have fans across the country. Thats what makes an America's team. When the Seahawks were dominant, I never thought they would become America's team. Just not how it works, just by having a dynasty you dont become America's team

If you're referring to that shouting hot take show then didn't they say that KC is not Americas team? One of them compared KC to Jordan's Bulls. They had the GOAT so everyone cared about them. But once Jordan left no one cared about them outside of Bulls fans.

So many reasons the Niners need to win this game, and forcing the media to pump the brakes on coronating Mahomes as the GOAT before he's even won as many as Bradshaw and Montana is right up there.

Yeah but it doesn't take a scientist. By the time he retires most records will be destroyed except the Brady age rule. I mean it is a fact he is probably the greatest QB of all time. And KC is easily a Dynasty if they win this thing.

I don't care what we are called. I just don't want it to be 30 years a go since last SB win. It really is becoming ancient history as great as it was. We need a win now,

Mahomes is not as good as Joe Montana, or Brady. I'd take either in their prime over him in a half a heartbeat. Mahomes has to accomplish much more than he has to be in the same sentence as Joe and Tom. What is even more impressive about Joe is he did it when defenses weren't handcuffed in what they are allowed to do, and qb's weren't protected like they are now.
Alex Smith said our defense doesn't do much. TRUE. We can only win in a shootout. PROBABLY TRUE. The KC defense keeps getting better. It's tough to bet against Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Those are all pretty true. I would feel better with the 2019 defense and special teams. Both groups have dropped off.

this is his third super bowl. So he knows what it takes to prep and be ready. It's good to have someone with his kind of experience.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex Smith said our defense doesn't do much. TRUE. We can only win in a shootout. PROBABLY TRUE. The KC defense keeps getting better. It's tough to bet against Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Those are all pretty true. I would feel better with the 2019 defense and special teams. Both groups have dropped off.

We need Bosa and Warner to be super human this game for us to contain Mahomes. But them being super human won't make much of a difference if we can't stop the run. It starts with that.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Spags is worried that his best player in stopping the 49ers is in Vegas, but not playing in the game.
Originally posted by tankle104:

this is his third super bowl. So he knows what it takes to prep and be ready. It's good to have someone with his kind of experience.

People acting like these guys won't be ready to play lol. One thing I hate about the SB is the over analyzing of everything

• Cosmo
Originally posted by NYniner85:
People acting like these guys won't be ready to play lol. One thing I hate about the SB is the over analyzing of everything

It's all we have until the game. Last one for almost a year, so I'm taking in as much as I can.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

The two weeks are brutal and boring - so they fill it up with nonsense.

the chiefs have excellent coaching. Multiple Championships type of coaching - they'll be ready. We have excellent coaching too and I like the attitude and mindset coming out of the team.

i always felt like the team was a little too excited and "happy to be there" in 2019. They're much more mature and focused, IMO.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Did they switch the referees out yet!!!
Share 49ersWebzone