There are 173 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Yeah. Both these teams are very different from 2019. I am not sure there is really much that can be taken from that game.

49ers defense is now worse.
Chiefs offense is now worse.

49ers offense is now better.
Chiefs defense is now better.

KCs O has been worse this year but their 1st half point differential in the playoffs is significantly better than the 9ers.

very interesting.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Mvp
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk how I feel about this. Might turn up the first 2 days? Wtf

Ward is an all pro, but let's remember he already has one ring with the Chiefs. He might not be feeling the same sense of urgency that guys like Warner or Bosa are feeling. With that said, I fully expect our team captains to keep these guys in check.

the turning up needs to be saved until after the game.

lol that's awesome that other pass rushers are speaking up too
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 2, 2024 at 6:10 PM ]
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

Mvp

I know everyone thinks it'll be Lamar, and it probably will be, but I haven't given up on CMC getting it.

Interesting watching how the packers played and beat the chiefs this year considering the similarities between the Niners and Packers.

Packers were able to move the ball really really well running the ball and play action.

chiefs OTs were getting worked badly in this game

chiefs WRs seem very very coverable.

Pacheco is a beast, we need to be ready for heavy doses of run

kelce can't be defended with zone coverage. We need to figure this out

Kyle should call plays keeping the action away from jones. Packers did a great job of doing this
  • Cosmo
Are we going to see any trick plays? CMC threw a TD last season but we haven't seen that since. This seems like a GREAT time to roll it out again.
  • BigT

lol that's awesome that other pass rushers are speaking up too

Good God… I really tire of the constant narrative of teams that have lost to us whining about the refs being biased. All defensive linemen are held on nearly every play. Chiefs lineman could post plenty of still images of them being held. Jones is held frequently but when you're in the middle it is not as obvious. The reason he doesn't whine about it is because he is too busy polishing his rings and counting his money. There were a couple calls in the Bills game that went against the Chiefs and one obvious one on Lamar when he could have got a grounding call and lost thirty yards. There is no conspiracy.

As to Americas team… Nobody likes the Chiefs, it is much easier to root for a loser like the lions. Btw we hated you guys too until we got Montana for a couple years. But you guys had used all his magic up by the time we got him.

I hate the time before the Super Bowl and swear I am not going to get enveloped in the garbage, but like a crack addict or an abused woman I keep coming back
[ Edited by BigT on Feb 2, 2024 at 6:38 PM ]
I honestly think this game is going to come down to one man. Brock Purdy.

ive thought this through. And we can all sit up here and say the obvious RUN THE BALL Christian McCafrey. A lot easier said than done.

people talk about the Ravens and Todd Monken. They didn't run the ball because they couldn't run the ball. Spagnolia loaded the box and made Jackson beat the chiefs with his arm and he failed them miserably.

I think you gotta run McCafrey 20 times. I think you gotta run Debo 10 times. But Spags is gonna take that away and load the box.

So Purdy is going to have to win this game for us on his arm. Is he up for the task? I think so. I go back to the Philly game. These Philly guys stick together. Philly loaded the box and tried to take Mcafrey out the game.

And we destroyed them. Purdy destroyed them. He's a prescise Quarterback he was that way at Iowa State when he played with Bruce Hall.

if you're a betting man bet big money on Brandon Aiuk being Super Bowl MVP. I see him having a huge day Purdy will throw to him over the top and Shanahan is going after Snead.

Aiuk will get touchdowns on the post. I watched that KC tape. Just like Debo scored big long touchdowns down the field once Purdy started shredding them.

before the Zay Flowers debacle he was shredding them. That should've been a touchdown. He shredded Snead. 10 catches for 115 yds. Is still 10 catches for 115 yds. So after watching tape there's some stuff there. I think Aiuk is the guy who has that game but I see a couple of touchdowns from him.

this defense is very slow. They haven't seen an offense as fast as us. They played Miami but it was freezing cold. This is a dome.

I think our skill players are to good. Gabriel Davis would've shredded them. I think Debo goes crazy.

I also think Kittle has a huge game. The middle of the field will be wide open. With no Willy gay. And that's where he feasts. Travis Kelce destroyed Drew Tranquil and that's who's gonna cover Kittle? He will destroy him. I look for Kittle to have 6 catches 85 yds. And a touchdown.

Mcafrey will have a good game I think eventually we will wear them down. He'll have something like 80 yds. Rushing 40 yds. Receiving and two touchdowns. We will run to Trent Williams side. Them missing their defensive end that played for us will be huge.

I'm concerned about Chris Jones but after us watching the tape what he did to us last Super Bowl. I think we will have a plan to stay away from him on the screens. Mcafrey will be huge for us on the screens.

I think Purdy has a quicker release. So he'll get that ball out quicker. People underestimate Purdy against the blitz. But he's second best against the blitz to Mahomes in quarterback rating. Don't blitz him. Spagnolia will blitz him and that's where he will make him pay. That's where Kittle will have a huge game.

Mark Andrews back from a bad ankle and Isiah likely aren't the zone blockers Kittle are. So the Chiefs don't know what the 49ers are cooking up.

people talk about our pass rush we went against the best offensive line in football. Who faces that??? Pine Sewell Taylor Decker Jason Ragnow they control the sides and the middle.

Now we are facing one of the worst Jawauan Taylor he's the most penalized tackle lineman in football. Marinate on this bang bang niner gang. Aiden Hutchinson game 1 destroyed him and got to Patrick Mahomes sacked him and caused a pick 6. I see a lot of that in this game. Nick Bosa is the best what do you think he's gonna do to him. Against Sewell he still had 2 sacks.

Bosa already told the refs and media they hold a lot set the tone. If Tuney plays he will still be hurt. Armstead will wreck the middle.

no clean pocket for Mahomes

my score Niners 34-Chiefs -24. Bang Bang Niners gang. This has the feel of Seahwaks Broncos Super Bowl. When Russell Wilson destroyed the broncos and the broncos were favored with the great Peyton Manning offense. And his MVP season.
Originally posted by PurdyKittleChicken:

ive thought this through. And we can all sit up here and say the obvious RUN THE BALL Christian McCafrey. A lot easier said than done.

people talk about the Ravens and Todd Monken. They didn't run the ball because they couldn't run the ball. Spagnolia loaded the box and made Jackson beat the chiefs with his arm and he failed them miserably.

I think you gotta run McCafrey 20 times. I think you gotta run Debo 10 times. But Spags is gonna take that away and load the box.

So Purdy is going to have to win this game for us on his arm. Is he up for the task? I think so. I go back to the Philly game. These Philly guys stick together. Philly loaded the box and tried to take Mcafrey out the game.

And we destroyed them. Purdy destroyed them. He's a prescise Quarterback he was that way at Iowa State when he played with Bruce Hall.

if you're a betting man bet big money on Brandon Aiuk being Super Bowl MVP. I see him having a huge day Purdy will throw to him over the top and Shanahan is going after Snead.

Aiuk will get touchdowns on the post. I watched that KC tape. Just like Debo scored big long touchdowns down the field once Purdy started shredding them.

before the Zay Flowers debacle he was shredding them. That should've been a touchdown. He shredded Snead. 10 catches for 115 yds. Is still 10 catches for 115 yds. So after watching tape there's some stuff there. I think Aiuk is the guy who has that game but I see a couple of touchdowns from him.

this defense is very slow. They haven't seen an offense as fast as us. They played Miami but it was freezing cold. This is a dome.

I think our skill players are to good. Gabriel Davis would've shredded them. I think Debo goes crazy.

I also think Kittle has a huge game. The middle of the field will be wide open. With no Willy gay. And that's where he feasts. Travis Kelce destroyed Drew Tranquil and that's who's gonna cover Kittle? He will destroy him. I look for Kittle to have 6 catches 85 yds. And a touchdown.

Mcafrey will have a good game I think eventually we will wear them down. He'll have something like 80 yds. Rushing 40 yds. Receiving and two touchdowns. We will run to Trent Williams side. Them missing their defensive end that played for us will be huge.

I'm concerned about Chris Jones but after us watching the tape what he did to us last Super Bowl. I think we will have a plan to stay away from him on the screens. Mcafrey will be huge for us on the screens.

I think Purdy has a quicker release. So he'll get that ball out quicker. People underestimate Purdy against the blitz. But he's second best against the blitz to Mahomes in quarterback rating. Don't blitz him. Spagnolia will blitz him and that's where he will make him pay. That's where Kittle will have a huge game.

Mark Andrews back from a bad ankle and Isiah likely aren't the zone blockers Kittle are. So the Chiefs don't know what the 49ers are cooking up.

people talk about our pass rush we went against the best offensive line in football. Who faces that??? Pine Sewell Taylor Decker Jason Ragnow they control the sides and the middle.

Now we are facing one of the worst Jawauan Taylor he's the most penalized tackle lineman in football. Marinate on this bang bang niner gang. Aiden Hutchinson game 1 destroyed him and got to Patrick Mahomes sacked him and caused a pick 6. I see a lot of that in this game. Nick Bosa is the best what do you think he's gonna do to him. Against Sewell he still had 2 sacks.

Bosa already told the refs and media they hold a lot set the tone. If Tuney plays he will still be hurt. Armstead will wreck the middle.

my score Niners 34-Chiefs -24. Bang Bang Niners gang. This has the feel of Seahwaks Broncos Super Bowl. When Russell Wilson destroyed the broncos and the broncos were favored with the great Peyton Manning offense. And his MVP season.

Hope you're right but that Broncos team that lost to Seattle had a pathetic d that depended on Manning and that offense to outscore teams that Elway fixed heavily into a historic type d the following year when they won the SB. KC's d is nothing like that one
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Feb 2, 2024 at 6:44 PM ]

• BigT
Originally posted by PurdyKittleChicken:

I was with you on the first paragraph.. I agree Purdy will have to have a good game in order to win. That is where the angst is coming from many on here. They want to believe but they are still unsure. They have Jimmy in their head. They are thinking about Minnesota when with two chances to win he throws INT's. They watched him throw 4 against the Ravens. They saw him wilt a bit against the Browns. You guys did come from behind the last two weeks but the Packers were not great on defense and the Lions just kind of gave it away. Finally Sneed did not give up the pass play that Flowers fumbled, he actually came in at the end and caused the fumble. He has gone against Hill ( twice), Jefferson, Chase and others and allowed very little.

Btw Gay is back to practicing and will play. The Chiefs are excellent tacklers and are hardly slow.

we very well may lose as I see it as best a toss up.
We won't give up 34
Purdy may have 3tds and be the MVP, honestly I love him and his story.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk how I feel about this. Might turn up the first 2 days? Wtf

Ward is an all pro, but let's remember he already has one ring with the Chiefs. He might not be feeling the same sense of urgency that guys like Warner or Bosa are feeling. With that said, I fully expect our team captains to keep these guys in check.

the turning up needs to be saved until after the game.

I wouldn't mind turn up if he can take few friends from his former team also 😉
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex Smith said our defense doesn't do much. TRUE. We can only win in a shootout. PROBABLY TRUE. The KC defense keeps getting better. It's tough to bet against Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Those are all pretty true. I would feel better with the 2019 defense and special teams. Both groups have dropped off.

We need Bosa and Warner to be super human this game for us to contain Mahomes. But them being super human won't make much of a difference if we can't stop the run. It starts with that.

Why did our defense and special teams pick this moment to collapse? They have been awesome for years and years. Now they have to collapse right when we face Mahomes in the Super Bowl. The last part of the season and playoffs they have been horrible.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

this is his third super bowl. So he knows what it takes to prep and be ready. It's good to have someone with his kind of experience.

People acting like these guys won't be ready to play lol. One thing I hate about the SB is the over analyzing of everything

There are plenty of stories of dudes getting into trouble during superbowl week. And this is in las vegas aka sin city.

Its a mild but valid concern.
LOL at the 'holding debate. I mean, WTF did everybody think was gonna happen when the NFL got in bed with gambling on the games? A multi-billion dollar 'industry' that is notorious for the underworld connections influencing the game? No way! LOL. Of course these games have a bit of 'rigging' mixed in. Name me one business/industry that is a multi-billion dollar plus business that doesn't attempt to rig the outcome in their favor. Somebody will be bought for the right price, just hope that they buyer is betting on the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone