There are 286 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

fake field goal or punt with wish..do it

glad this s**t is getting called out! Unacceptable.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

it's hard to fathom that it even happened. especially at this point in the season. I'd get it if it was like week 9, mid season lul. but in the NFCC? first half? come on.

this defense is WAY too talented to get abused like this and apply that kind of effort. infuriating. I'm optimistic that theyll get it together for the big dance but man..anything close to this and we are doomed, IMO.
Originally posted by tankle104:

it's hard to fathom that it even happened. especially at this point in the season. I'd get it if it was like week 9, mid season lul. but in the NFCC? first half? come on.

this defense is WAY too talented to get abused like this and apply that kind of effort. infuriating. I'm optimistic that theyll get it together for the big dance but man..anything close to this and we are doomed, IMO.

Very un-49er like. Unacceptable indeed
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

Very un-49er like. Unacceptable indeed

Yeah expose this. Correct it and show up! Our defense has never been like this under kyle. I fully expect a much different type of urgency/effort come next week. No more f**king around.
  • BigT
Originally posted by tankle104:
this place can be a disaster zone at times too. if you ever want a great laugh - just watch the "Gameday" thread during a game. lmao a ton of people living and dying on every snap like we are gods or the worst thing in the world lmao.

I hope we pull off the win against you guys! I think we have a better overall team, but your defense is legit and you have mahommes, that's always an incredible challenge. I do think our offense, and what we like to do, matches up well with what you guys do on defense. it'll be interesting. I just hope we run early and often. I also hope brock uses his legs early and often like Allen did - especially since you guys play so much man coverage.

That is every chat I have been a part of, The eagles are the worst. They swing from Hurts is the second coming to he is a bum on every play. Your team particularly on offense, is amazing. Studs at every level. This game will come down to what luck Spags and his defense has against your offense. Specifically how well will Purdy handle the confusion he can put in a QBs head. We have more talent in the back seven than any team you have faced. Our line is decent with one game wrecker. There are a few on here that are that are trying to convince themselves that is just not the case. Snead and McDuffie have shut down every top receiver they have faced. The problem is you have more than one. If our defense is to get beat it will be swing passes and screens which will open up the middle some. on offense I think we will have some success. I doubt our running game will be that effective as your defense has had its pride and effort called out. They will respond to that. I look for a close game till the end. That's all we seem to be in.
  • thl408

Outside of the lack of effort, we can see how two different coverage calls affect how the perimeter run is defended.

In the first play (long TD), the 49ers are in a Fire Zone call (single high). DET caught the 49ers rotating to single high safety with that safety essentially spinning away from where the run was going. This prevents that safety from quickly coming up to support the run.

In the second play, the 49ers are in a split safety look (two high). Gipson is in perfect position to make a tackle for 2-3 yard gain but he whiffs. In this case, it's not scheme, it's a skill issue.

Time to bench everyone that showed a lack of effort for the Super Bowl.

[ Edited by 49ersRing on Feb 3, 2024 at 9:05 AM ]

Originally posted by niners94:
I'm excited and scared!

Me too bro, I'm hoping and praying we will do it this go around.
Originally posted by BigT:
That is every chat I have been a part of, The eagles are the worst. They swing from Hurts is the second coming to he is a bum on every play. Your team particularly on offense, is amazing. Studs at every level. This game will come down to what luck Spags and his defense has against your offense. Specifically how well will Purdy handle the confusion he can put in a QBs head. We have more talent in the back seven than any team you have faced. Our line is decent with one game wrecker. There are a few on here that are that are trying to convince themselves that is just not the case. Snead and McDuffie have shut down every top receiver they have faced. The problem is you have more than one. If our defense is to get beat it will be swing passes and screens which will open up the middle some. on offense I think we will have some success. I doubt our running game will be that effective as your defense has had its pride and effort called out. They will respond to that. I look for a close game till the end. That's all we seem to be in.

From what I've seen, your guys corners/safeties have done excellent - specifically your corners. The linebackers are athletic too. Your defense has done so well because they've been able to cover for a long time to give the Dline more time to wreak havoc - which is bad news for QBs because Jones is a monster. Snead was the biggest snub this year, IMO.

your team seems to have accepted their offensive identity down the stretch, which is really rely on the defense and then Kelce/Pacheco with a little rice. Not relying on big plays - and it's boded well for them.

i can easily see this being a 28-24 kind of game - your defense has done an exceptional job at not letting teams score - which is why I think we need Brock to run more than he has in the past. If we don't put up touchdowns, especially with our kicker, we will be in big trouble.

losing Omenihu was big for you guys and your rotation. We miss him here big time - so I think that helps up if we can get our run game going to tire our your d line throughout the game.

On both of these Bosa takes the completely wrong angle. Is this by design or is Bosa just over pursuing?
Watching JD breakdown and the run defense was just all over the place. Detroit ran formations that forced Oren Burks on the field and dude was horrible filling the correct gaps. We can bet KC will be running similar stuff forcing Burks to play. Might have to try something different on defense. And it wasn't just Burks. Greenlaw and Fred were making similar mistakes. And the effort was just awful
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 3, 2024 at 9:12 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone