There are 306 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

John Lynch has prepared for this game.

Super Bowls are won with great defensive line play.

getting hurries and rush from your defensive line.

they've done everything to get to this point.

The big money players have to come to play

Hargrave big money Armstead big money Bosa big money. They have to get to Mahomes and hit him hard. More then anything just get in his face.

Play contain he's gonna run. Maintain your run gaps so your linebackers can help you and get to you.

Id extensively watch that Detroit tape and that Raider tape to see what they did to Kansas City. Hutchinson was all in Mahomes face. So you can get to Taylors side.

I think Bosa is quicker than Taylor. They said Nick Bosa was working with his brother on game plan. He probably was telling him keep his cool. He will hold you. Taylor jumps a lot to. Most penalized offensive lineman in football. They probably have a game plan. Bosa had a great game against him when Chargers played Jacksonville until the refs got involved. I'm looking for Nick Bosa to have a huge game.
As for Kelce. It's all about Warner if they call him all pro Fred this is where he earns it. He has to travel with him. More than anything don't let him get to his spots. This is where I see some pick 6 opportunities.

Corners gotta get around Rashee Rice. I'm pretty sure Reid is looking at that tape seeing what Jameson Williams did they are gonna use a lot of that on us reverse. Take those two weapons from Mahomes you make them very beatable.

Im fine with the Greenlaw vs. Pacheco I like that matchup. Pachecos gonna see a banger.

Buffalo did some things to confuse Mahomes. If he doesn't have a clean pocket he starts scrambling.

Offense it's all about Purdy he's gonna have to bring it and I know he will. This is the movie script. Every sports writer is writing him off.

One thing I notice is his players play for him. They like him. They really play hard for him. Can't say that about every Quarterback.

Now back to the football. Kyle Uscheck will be featured. There's a guy who's always open. He's the one I expect him to have a huge game in the middle of the field. I also expect Kittle to have a huge game in the field.

Debos gonna be huge to. As we go back to Debo runs. Mcafrey and Debo is going to be a lot for the Chiefs to handle.

I think Purdy comes up huge and gets us the win. Spagnolo is gonna blitz and purdy is gonna make him pay for it with Debo.

Detroit had one of the best offensive lines in football. The best. The deepest team on offense. It was hard defending those guys. Goff Gibbs Montgomery Williams St. Brown Laporta. It's alot to have to cover. People don't realize that. They say Detroit big underdog. We both were 12-5 and one team beat Kansas City. We made our adjustments in the second half. I think we'll be alright.
Anybody have the skills to edit a video or know of a good app to use? Gladiator is one of my favorite movies and I want to do something 49er related with the scene when Maximus comes back and reveals to Commidous that he's back for vengeance, just like our 49ers are against KC/Vinovich!

For those who know the scene, I want to put Kittles face on Maximus, Bosa on his big friend next to him, mahomes on Commidous, Vinovich on his guard Quentis, and Commidous' sister that they show in the emperor's box can be Taylor Swift.
Shannahan will always remember in the Super Bowl against Spagnolia he didn't run the ball. He threw it. They blitzed him.

Bellicheck 28-3 he threw it Ryan got sacked no field goal range.

the matchup of the night is Shanhan vs. Spagnolia.

I think this game Shannhan runs the ball. And he runs it alot. He continues to run it. Even when getting up. Time of posession and he keeps Mahomes off the field.

This is gonna be 20-30 runs in this game. He has the best running back in Football Christian Mcafrey. Run the Damn Ball. This is why they traded for Christian Mcafrey. You're also gonna see alot of Debo Samuel running the football.

You're even gonna see some Elijah Mitchell and Jordan Mason running the football. Thats gonna open up the playaction downfield for George Kittle.
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by Crown:
was just reading that.

will believe it when I see it.

Would be huge especially because it looks like Gay will play.

That same report has been on Bleacher Report. Locally nobody is giving up anything. Honestly if he is not close to full strength I would prefer he didn't play. Creed will shift over and help. He is a tank at center.

Yeah I don't like the fact that a guy is hurt but I wouldn't mind their o line not being at full strength. Hahaha isn't your center a stud? I'm pretty I've read that he is.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Watching JD breakdown and the run defense was just all over the place. Detroit ran formations that forced Oren Burks on the field and dude was horrible filling the correct gaps. We can bet KC will be running similar stuff forcing Burks to play. Might have to try something different on defense. And it wasn't just Burks. Greenlaw and Fred were making similar mistakes. And the effort was just awful

One thing I noticed in the DET game was that DET would sometimes use an OT as a TE. In other words they went big with six OL on the field, but the 49ers countered with their typical base personnel (3 LBs). That's advantage DET on run plays.

With KC, you can stop the run with a nickel defense, but you have to take chances and blitz. As for KC's run game, I haven't seen unbalanced lines, but then I don't watch a lot of KC ball. I'd rather take the ball out of Patrick's hands and give it to their running back, if that makes any sense.
One thing I'll help y'all out with gameplan. Bruce Arians was genius. Last time the Chiefs lost a Super Bowl. Tampa Bay ran right at Spagnolias defense with Leonard Fournette. That oppened up the playaction right downfield with Gronk.

The middle will always be sealed with a a great running back and a receiver who can get downfield Aiuk just like Tampa bay had with Antonio Brown.

We have that with Aiuk. And we have the same explosive tight end who can work the middle of the field in Kittle like Gronk did. I even think Kittle is more explosive than Gronk at this point of his career.

We have more of a Tampa bay setup on offense Debo Samuel Brandon Aiuk like Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Aiuk can play that Antonio Brown role. We also have a guy who's not being talked about a lot in Juan Jennings. We are very deep at receiver.

This is a completely different team and way more skilled team than the team we played with them at Miami.

Aiuk is way better than Emanuel Sanders who was at the end of his career.

Purdy is way better than Garapollo and gets the ball out way quicker.

69% completion percentage that's pretty good.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
was just reading that.

That same report has been on Bleacher Report. Locally nobody is giving up anything. Honestly if he is not close to full strength I would prefer he didn't play. Creed will shift over and help. He is a tank at center.

Yeah I don't like the fact that a guy is hurt but I wouldn't mind their o line not being at full strength. Hahaha isn't your center a stud? I'm pretty I've read that he is.

Well we were hurt in 2019. And again in 2012. So the football gods are having some mercy on us this time. 🙏🙏🙏
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

glad this s**t is getting called out! Unacceptable.

Very un-49er like. Unacceptable indeed

Yeah expose this. Correct it and show up! Our defense has never been like this under kyle. I fully expect a much different type of urgency/effort come next week. No more f**king around.

it's soo shiney so pretty i want one

• Cosmo
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
was just reading that.

Well we were hurt in 2019. And again in 2012. So the football gods are having some mercy on us this time. 🙏🙏🙏

That's why I keep saying this may be the best chance at winning it all that we'll ever see. From the talent level assembled to the overall health of the team, and the state the chefs are in now. Have to take advantage of this perfect storm of opportunity.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PurdyKittleChicken:
One thing I'll help y'all out with gameplan. Bruce Arians was genius. Last time the Chiefs lost a Super Bowl. Tampa Bay ran right at Spagnolias defense with Leonard Fournette. That oppened up the playaction right downfield with Gronk.

The middle will always be sealed with a a great running back and a receiver who can get downfield Aiuk just like Tampa bay had with Antonio Brown.

We have that with Aiuk. And we have the same explosive tight end who can work the middle of the field in Kittle like Gronk did. I even think Kittle is more explosive than Gronk at this point of his career.

We have more of a Tampa bay setup on offense Debo Samuel Brandon Aiuk like Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. Aiuk can play that Antonio Brown role. We also have a guy who's not being talked about a lot in Juan Jennings. We are very deep at receiver.

This is a completely different team and way more skilled team than the team we played with them at Miami.

Is this a bot?
  • BigT
Originally posted by PurdyKittleChicken:

You are delusional if you think that this defense is anything close to the one in the Tampa Superbowl. Those defenses were ranked in the mid twenties at best. We spent no money on them and had very little talent. Our offensive line was down to the third string in a couple spots and if I remember right had one starter.
Crown you're an idiot.

Im not a bot.

I've been watching the 49ers since William Floyd Ricky Waters Jerry Rice I met Joe Montana when his son was playing Quarterback at Oaks Christian in Westlake Village.

I met Gary Plummer. I met Terrell Owens. Been watching the 49ers with Eric Davis Tim McDonald Merton Hanks Lee Woodal Ken Norton Jr.

Harris Barton Brent Jones Tommy Vardell Johnny Johnson Derrick Lovell

Don't be a hotshot and a hater. Cause I know more about the 49ers then you do or ever will.

I was at USC with Rometra Craig Roger Craig's daughter.
Lol
Share 49ersWebzone