There are 277 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Is east Texas bad? I've heard that reputation. People call it trashy and the people who live there. I guess DFW is a little more central. Seems pretty nice. Austin seems the most beautiful with the River, Lake Travis and the hill county. Houston on the gulf coast seems like really good or really bad neighborhoods. Some terrible ghettos and huge mansions. A big contrast. El Paso although Texas seems more like New Mexico to me. LOL.

Austin is def the coolest city and funnest, IMO. DFW is a nice place - I lived there for five years. East Texas is just middle of no where small towns. So it's typical small town rural areas. Like the closest bigger city to Tyler is DFW and that's a handful of hours away driving.

I developed a handful of locations in El Paso, it's done a great job cleaning the city up the last 10+ years but yes, it borders New Mexico and Mexico - so it has that similar vibe and culture. I liked it there though, in a visiting for work capacity.

Was recently in El Paso and even though you can't tell where Juarez ends and El Paso begins it is a very nice city. Especially if you are a fan of Tequila. Got $20 pours of Don Julio 1942
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

glad this s**t is getting called out! Unacceptable.

On both of these Bosa takes the completely wrong angle. Is this by design or is Bosa just over pursuing?

He's over pursuing. I think Martz called it out on one of his podcasts. His advice is for KC to run Pacheco right at Bosa over and over because he has a knack to over pursue and doesn't stay his is lane. The other problem we have that Chase Young isn't any better on the other side. I hope Wilks had a long talk with both of the guys during this week.

Maybe this is what Lynch meant when he said this problem has been "addressed." He didn't give any specifics about what "addressed" really means.
This game is taking over my life. I can't stop thinking about. I'm even having dreams about it.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
This game is taking over my life. I can't stop thinking about. I'm even having dreams about it.

A true Faithful lol

I had a dream last night we were playing the Super Bowl but it was against the Commanders for some reason. Never even heard of the quarterback who was playing for them. My head was like "…how did they even get this far?" before doing the math and realizing "wait a second… the Commanders aren't in the AFC…" right before waking up.
  • Cosmo

Someone needs to check in with that girl on Twitter who dreamt of Purdy taking over and crushing it a few weeks before that happened.
[ Edited by Cosmo on Feb 3, 2024 at 3:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:

A true Faithful lol

Same, I went for a ride in my motorcycle today to get my mind off the game. Nope, thinking about how our defense will do while leaned into a corner 😆
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
They should play the conference championship games on Saturday then play the SB on Sunday one week after. The two week weight is overkill. I get the nfl wants to milk it but 2 weeks is a bit much…
Originally posted by DrEll:
They should play the conference championship games on Saturday then play the SB on Sunday one week after. The two week weight is overkill. I get the nfl wants to milk it but 2 weeks is a bit much…

Didn't they add the extra week after 9/11 because the January 2002 Super Bowl got unexpectedly pushed back a week and they wanted to add it in case the season ever got pushed back a week again?

EDIT: On second thought, plenty of Super Bowls in the 90's were played two weeks later so I must be wrong about this… looks like others were played one week later, including the January 2003 Super Bowl so I'm not sure anymore.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Feb 3, 2024 at 4:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Is east Texas bad? I've heard that reputation. People call it trashy and the people who live there. I guess DFW is a little more central. Seems pretty nice. Austin seems the most beautiful with the River, Lake Travis and the hill county. Houston on the gulf coast seems like really good or really bad neighborhoods. Some terrible ghettos and huge mansions. A big contrast. El Paso although Texas seems more like New Mexico to me. LOL.

Austin is def the coolest city and funnest, IMO. DFW is a nice place - I lived there for five years. East Texas is just middle of no where small towns. So it's typical small town rural areas. Like the closest bigger city to Tyler is DFW and that's a handful of hours away driving.

I developed a handful of locations in El Paso, it's done a great job cleaning the city up the last 10+ years but yes, it borders New Mexico and Mexico - so it has that similar vibe and culture. I liked it there though, in a visiting for work capacity.

Was recently in El Paso and even though you can't tell where Juarez ends and El Paso begins it is a very nice city. Especially if you are a fan of Tequila. Got $20 pours of Don Julio 1942

Yeah they have good Mexican food, Tequila and culture. I see what's cool about it. When I was there though it seemed a bit poor on economy and lacking opportunity. Lots of desperate people in the streets. Where something like Dallas, Houston and Austin have lots of high paying jobs. Even tech and finance and of course real estate. Just doesn't seem like a great money maker for career city.

Yeah they have good Mexican food, Tequila and culture. I see what's cool about it. When I was there though it seemed a bit poor on economy and lacking opportunity. Lots of desperate people in the streets. Where something like Dallas, Houston and Austin have lots of high paying jobs. Even tech and finance and of course real estate. Just doesn't seem like a great money maker for career city.

It's not, the economy is getting better but depends a lot on the large military base. Some companies like ADP are there and a lot of hospital jobs. Amazon just opened a big facility there but that isn't a great paying place, but the cost of living there isn't bad. They generate tons of retail sales cause a few mil people live across the boarder and come over for shopping. I love the food there and it's a cool culture, but yeah, not a great place if you're trying to ball. Lol
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Montana:

A true Faithful lol

Same, I went for a ride in my motorcycle today to get my mind off the game. Nope, thinking about how our defense will do while leaned into a corner 😆

I take my Border Collie named Bandit to the dog park, where I urge him to chase motorcycle riders who pass by on the foot/bike path in front of the chain link fence. He goes Border Collie ballistic when motorcycle riders pass that 100-yard section of fence line.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I dreamt about it, Shanahan was holding the lombardi, Purdy was thanking god, Kittle going nuts and my dream turned out to be wet.

It's not, the economy is getting better but depends a lot on the large military base. Some companies like ADP are there and a lot of hospital jobs. Amazon just opened a big facility there but that isn't a great paying place, but the cost of living there isn't bad. They generate tons of retail sales cause a few mil people live across the boarder and come over for shopping. I love the food there and it's a cool culture, but yeah, not a great place if you're trying to ball. Lol

Yeah that's kind of how I think of it. I suppose for a retired person who wanted cheaper cost of living it could make sense. A cheaper house, no state income taxes, good food, drinks and culture. It could work for that. Mostly warm as it's a southern border town. But hot too.
Share 49ersWebzone