🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by BP13:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

He killed us last time.

I don't think he'll play but might be active

He had core muscle surgery on Jan 2, so I'd be surprised if he played

Oh wow. I didn't know that. That's good for us then.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
soooo mahomes is thanos, and niners are the avengers?

This does feel like the end game

if kc wins mahomes gonna be like
fk thanos

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tmpluff:
Any news on Kittles Toe?

you mean lower leg injury?
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk how I feel about this. Might turn up the first 2 days? Wtf

Heard that too. Hopefully he just meant going out for a nice chill dinner and watching cirque du solei then back home and in bed by 9pm

I posted this earlier in this thread but now that the topic has come up again:
start at 12:00 of this video. Sherm talks about going to the SB in MIA with a young 49er team, and "doing a little more than they should have" when it comes to the youngsters partying.

And during the 2012 SB, didn't it come out that Willis, Bowman and others went to strip clubs (which is fine) & partied to hard…
So dumb that these guys do that s**t before the Super Bowl.

Hey I get it, it's Vegas, however, work hard and stay on task during the week and before/during the game, and then party like an animal AFTER the f**king Super Bowl.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Noooooooooo🤬

You don't like that saloon font? I LOVE it.

it should be all gold
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Someone needs to call Warner out for taking himself out on all of those runs. He often leaves his responsibly of plugging the hole and follow a blocker. Everyone of those big running plays involved Fred taking himself out of the play. There will always be holes on the defensive lines for runs but the LB's are supposed to fill the holes before it's ten or more yards down the field. When the LB's are not there, the safeties are the last line of defense. They're often 20 to 25 yards down the field or whiffs on their tackles. It almost looks like they're playing touch football. There are no physicality when it comes to tackling.

No, it was mostly Burks, not that Fred didn't f**k up at least once. Jonnydel does a great breakdown on his YouTube page, highly recommend it, if you aren't a subscriber.
So the only team to avenge a SB loss against another team was Dallas when they beat the Steelers in 95. But that was a whole generation later so none of the same cast was involved.

The 49ers will try to do what has never done before: Avenge a SB loss against the same team in the same era.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
I been saying it all year even during the Offseason I said it was gonna be 49ers vs Chiefs Super Bowl I have been waiting for the rematch for years and years it's crazy the 49ers and Chiefs could have played in the Super Bowl 4 straight times if SF won the NFC Championship

IMO, it's more Brock Purdy causing this positive change than any adjustment Shanahan has made. Why? You have to ask yourself, when has Shanahan had a quarterback this good? That allows a coaching staff to do things they otherwise could not.

I'm a Purdy fan, but the key difference is CMC. He's the best all-purpose back we've ever had, including Roger Craig, and it unlocks so much and is a great security blanket for a young QB.

Would you rather have Jimmy G and CMC, or Purdy with Mitchell/Mason? I'll take the pair with a wb who doesn't fold under pressure and is an accurate passer.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Yeah. Both these teams are very different from 2019. I am not sure there is really much that can be taken from that game.

49ers defense is now worse.
Chiefs offense is now worse.

49ers offense is now better.
Chiefs defense is now better.

KCs O has been worse this year but their 1st half point differential in the playoffs is significantly better than the 9ers.

very interesting.

KC's biggest advantage is their consistency with their coaches.
Spags is probably the top DC and we've had a revolving door for defensive coordinator so they definitely have a huge advantage there.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Yeah. Both these teams are very different from 2019. I am not sure there is really much that can be taken from that game.

KCs O has been worse this year but their 1st half point differential in the playoffs is significantly better than the 9ers.

very interesting.

Spags is probably the top DC and we've had a revolving door for defensive coordinator so they definitely have a huge advantage there.

Agree.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Someone needs to call Warner out for taking himself out on all of those runs. He often leaves his responsibly of plugging the hole and follow a blocker. Everyone of those big running plays involved Fred taking himself out of the play. There will always be holes on the defensive lines for runs but the LB's are supposed to fill the holes before it's ten or more yards down the field. When the LB's are not there, the safeties are the last line of defense. They're often 20 to 25 yards down the field or whiffs on their tackles. It almost looks like they're playing touch football. There are no physicality when it comes to tackling.

No, it was mostly Burks, not that Fred didn't f**k up at least once. Jonnydel does a great breakdown on his YouTube page, highly recommend it, if you aren't a subscriber.

Agree, JD is awesome. He's another guy like AB81 on these boards that are gems and who I come here to learn from.
Paging Niners defensive line:

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

fk thanos

49ers Avengers assemble!!!!

Kittle - Thor
Bosa - Hulk
Purdy - Ironman
Juice - Captain America
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

very interesting.

Personally I think the draft dictates a lot of that. They drafted Pacheco and we drafted Brock, and that kind of changes the offensive dynamics of both teams (for example). Same with them (and us) drafting/acquiring Hargrave vs. DJ Jones, and whoever the KC personnel changes have been on their side.

My point is that drafting well and having good coaches take advantage of those good drafts by implementing good schemes for their drafted/acquired players is more important than simply having good coaches stick around because nobody wants him as a head coach anymore. (Spagnuolo for example).
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

fk thanos

49ers Avengers assemble!!!!

Kittle - Thor
Bosa - Hulk
Purdy - Ironman
Juice - Captain America

CMC is captain america
Share 49ersWebzone