🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Jeepzilla:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Idk how I feel about this. Might turn up the first 2 days? Wtf

Heard that too. Hopefully he just meant going out for a nice chill dinner and watching cirque du solei then back home and in bed by 9pm

I posted this earlier in this thread but now that the topic has come up again:
start at 12:00 of this video. Sherm talks about going to the SB in MIA with a young 49er team, and "doing a little more than they should have" when it comes to the youngsters partying.

And during the 2012 SB, didn't it come out that Willis, Bowman and others went to strip clubs (which is fine) & partied to hard…
So dumb that these guys do that s**t before the Super Bowl.

Hey I get it, it's Vegas, however, work hard and stay on task during the week and before/during the game, and then party like an animal AFTER the f**king Super Bowl.

This.

I can't believe folks are fine with them doing this s**t for a third time. bring #6 and then party your ass off until you need to get your stomach pumped. But until then it should be all business.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Feb 3, 2024 at 6:20 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Now the refs gonna called 2 holdings on the Chiefs, 4 on the Niners.

It could be 4 on chiefs and 2 on 49ers..

Important part is when these penalties are called.
If they are called during key moments in the game, they change the game.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
soooo mahomes is thanos, and niners are the avengers?

This does feel like the end game

if kc wins mahomes gonna be like
fk thanos

49ers Avengers assemble!!!!

Kittle - Thor
Bosa - Hulk
Purdy - Ironman
Juice - Captain America

CMC is captain america

I dunno, this will be me on February 12.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
so many weirdos joining the webzone lately

Its the Superbowl and no other games or teams are are playing other than KC and the 49ers..
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Big_Daddy:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Watching JD breakdown and the run defense was just all over the place. Detroit ran formations that forced Oren Burks on the field and dude was horrible filling the correct gaps. We can bet KC will be running similar stuff forcing Burks to play. Might have to try something different on defense. And it wasn't just Burks. Greenlaw and Fred were making similar mistakes. And the effort was just awful

One thing I noticed in the DET game was that DET would sometimes use an OT as a TE. In other words they went big with six OL on the field, but the 49ers countered with their typical base personnel (3 LBs). That's advantage DET on run plays.

Watching some other teams it seems that there are clubs who run 5 across the DL but we really don't do that. Can we? Have we?

Most likely when you see other teams use a five man front, they are in their base personnel and they are a 3-4 defense. 49ers are a 4-3 defense so when you see the 49ers use a five man front, it's an infrequent change up of a play call.

When Fred and Greenlaw line up on the A gaps and show a blitz look on the wide 9, that's essentially a 6 man front.
More than any other guy, including Mahomes, there is one person that the Niners need to neutralize the most: Freddie P Soft.

Can't let him rear his ugly head in this game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by Crown:
was just reading that.

will believe it when I see it.

Would be huge especially because it looks like Gay will play.

That same report has been on Bleacher Report. Locally nobody is giving up anything. Honestly if he is not close to full strength I would prefer he didn't play. Creed will shift over and help. He is a tank at center.

Yeah I don't like the fact that a guy is hurt but I wouldn't mind their o line not being at full strength. Hahaha isn't your center a stud? I'm pretty I've read that he is.

Well we were hurt in 2019. And again in 2012. So the football gods are having some mercy on us this time. 🙏🙏🙏

That's why I keep saying this may be the best chance at winning it all that we'll ever see. From the talent level assembled to the overall health of the team, and the state the chefs are in now. Have to take advantage of this perfect storm of opportunity.

I'm half and half on that honestly. If you have two good drafts in a row, I think your superbowl window opens up, or conversely stays open. Easier said than done of course.
Paging Niners defensive line:

The front 7 got out hit all playoffs. In fact they barely even try until the 2nd half.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
This is about the best assessment I have seen on here. The Ravens and Chiefs are very similar on defense. I do believe they have a couple players Hamilton and Roquan that are better than anyone we have. But as a unit I believe we are better at the rest of the positions especially if Gay is at close to 100%. It will come down to which team can force their will on the other. I guess we will find out. this is a Legacy game for both Quarterbacks. One is trying to continue is high level legacy and one is trying to write his. Should be a good one.
Agree, their defensive back four is better than our Back four. I wish we had a Kyle Hamilton (or a Talanoa Hufanga) healthy. That will really help our run defense.

I think key is for Wilks to coach up our young DBs to at least slow down that KC passing game, and for Kocurek to take advantage of Thuney not playing. Got to pull out all the stops on defense. Use every trick in the book and throw it at Patrick. It's not going to stop him, but I'm hoping it will at least slow him down.

Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Crown:
was just reading that.

will believe it when I see it.

Would be huge especially because it looks like Gay will play.

That same report has been on Bleacher Report. Locally nobody is giving up anything. Honestly if he is not close to full strength I would prefer he didn't play. Creed will shift over and help. He is a tank at center.

Yeah I don't like the fact that a guy is hurt but I wouldn't mind their o line not being at full strength. Hahaha isn't your center a stud? I'm pretty I've read that he is.

Well we were hurt in 2019. And again in 2012. So the football gods are having some mercy on us this time. 🙏🙏🙏

That's why I keep saying this may be the best chance at winning it all that we'll ever see. From the talent level assembled to the overall health of the team, and the state the chefs are in now. Have to take advantage of this perfect storm of opportunity.

I'm half and half on that honestly. If you have two good drafts in a row, I think your superbowl window opens up, or conversely stays open. Easier said than done of course.

I'm inclined to agree with Jed on what he said about windows. They really don't exist because as you said, you can do a good job in the offseason of rebuildint/retooling your roster. Windows only exist for teams with inconsistent front offices and coaching.

interesting that the last time Mahommes was sacked 5+ times was against wilks. He is good with coverages, it's his specialty, so maybe he has tricks up his sleeve! I hope so!

hell yeah Fred Taylor - PREACH!

interesting that the last time Mahommes was sacked 5+ times was against wilks. He is good with coverages, it's his specialty, so maybe he has tricks up his sleeve! I hope so!

I don't know how much we can take away from a game 6 years ago in Mahomes first year as the starter. The Cardinals also lost that game 26-14 and Mahomes completed 21/28 (75%) of his passes with 2 TDs, so it isn't like it was some defensive masterpiece by Wilks.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

I don't know how much we can take away from a game 6 years ago in Mahomes first year as the starter. The Cardinals also lost that game 26-14 and Mahomes completed 21/28 (75%) of his passes with 2 TDs, so it isn't like it was some defensive masterpiece by Wilks.

You realize 26 points was the lowest offensive output by the 2018 chiefs, right? And the most he was sacked in a game
That entire year Lol context matters
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 3, 2024 at 6:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone