LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 297 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

interesting that the last time Mahommes was sacked 5+ times was against wilks. He is good with coverages, it's his specialty, so maybe he has tricks up his sleeve! I hope so!

I don't know how much we can take away from a game 6 years ago in Mahomes first year as the starter. The Cardinals also lost that game 26-14 and Mahomes completed 21/28 (75%) of his passes with 2 TDs, so it isn't like it was some defensive masterpiece by Wilks.

You realize 26 points was the lowest offensive output by the 2018 chiefs, right? Lol context matters

Yea, the context that this was 6 years ago and doesn't mean s**t.

interesting that the last time Mahommes was sacked 5+ times was against wilks. He is good with coverages, it's his specialty, so maybe he has tricks up his sleeve! I hope so!

I don't know how much we can take away from a game 6 years ago in Mahomes first year as the starter. The Cardinals also lost that game 26-14 and Mahomes completed 21/28 (75%) of his passes with 2 TDs, so it isn't like it was some defensive masterpiece by Wilks.

You realize 26 points was the lowest offensive output by the 2018 chiefs, right? Lol context matters

Lmao it was the best defensive performance against them that season, making your comment about it not being a good defensive performance idiotic.

same QB, same TE, Same head coach and system. He literally just ran plays from 7-8 years ago in the divisional playoffs to score a touchdown. Of course things grow and develop - that's football. Doesn't change the fact that he did well against a great offensive machine with a crappy team through scheme. The team that's still very similar today but with less offensive talent

but you're right, doesn't matter at all. Lmao
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 3, 2024 at 7:03 PM ]

Lmao it was the best defensive performance against them that season, making your comment about it not being a good defensive performance idiotic.

same QB, same TE, Same head coach and system. He literally just ran plays from 7-8 years ago in the divisional playoffs to score a touchdown.

I don't know how much you can read in past performances into this one. This team is different as is theirs. And there a lots of dynamics in the game that impact scoring, like can you eat up clock to keep Mahomes on the bench? Anyhow.

My general thought on this game is that the 49ers are a really good team and the way they play the game has gotten them this far. You don't change much, at least not to start off the game. I suspect there will be a few wrinkles but the teams play a brand of football so they're going to test it out early.

What does that mean? The 49ers offense works best when we can get the run game going and work in play action off it. I suspect the 49ers are going to come out a test early if they can play their base game against KC and adjust based on game dynamics. Similarly, I wouldn't expect the 49ers to come out on defense with an entirely different look. They are going to try playing their base defense with zone and see what happens and adjust. You don't change how you play because it's Mahomes over there. Obviously, the teams will adjust as the game goes on. Regardless, the coaches need to see how their base game is looking.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
I don't know how much you can read in past performances into this one. This team is different as is theirs. And there a lots of dynamics in the game that impact scoring, like can you eat up clock to keep Mahomes on the bench? Anyhow.

My general thought on this game is that the 49ers are a really good team and the way they play the game has gotten them this far. You don't change much, at least not to start off the game. I suspect there will be a few wrinkles but the teams play a brand of football so they're going to test it out early.

What does that mean? The 49ers offense works best when we can get the run game going and work in play action off it. I suspect the 49ers are going to come out a test early if they can play their base game against KC and adjust based on game dynamics. Similarly, I wouldn't expect the 49ers to come out on defense with an entirely different look. They are going to try playing their base defense with zone and see what happens and adjust. You don't change how you play because it's Mahomes over there. Obviously, the teams will adjust as the game goes on. Regardless, the coaches need to see how their base game is looking.

I never said that it meant we are guaranteed to do a great job or anything of that nature. He knocked the performanc of wilks in the past, even though it was the best performance thay season against one of the absolute best and most unstoppable offenses in nfl history. They only lost cause Brady got the ball first in OT. Lol

It's just cool data that our current d coordinator has had success against these guys, in their prime. Lol

same QB, same TE, Same head coach and system. He literally just ran plays from 7-8 years ago in the divisional playoffs to score a touchdown.

We'll be fine if we start the SB the same way we started the 2nd half of the Lions game. Also, I thought the defense played well against the Packers, especially at the beginning of the game when we limited them to 6 pts on three drives. Those stops kept the game within reach.

come on, baby! If they go all out, we have a great chance.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
So the only team to avenge a SB loss against another team was Dallas when they beat the Steelers in 95. But that was a whole generation later so none of the same cast was involved.

The 49ers will try to do what has never done before: Avenge a SB loss against the same team in the same era.

Eagles vs. Pats?

I never said that it meant we are guaranteed to do a great job or anything of that nature. He knocked the performanc of wilks in the past, even though it was the best performance thay season against one of the absolute best and most unstoppable offenses in nfl history. They only lost cause Brady got the ball first in OT. Lol

It's just cool data that our current d coordinator has had success against these guys, in their prime. Lol

The Chiefs were up 20-7 halfway through the 2nd quarter and coasted to an easy victory. It's not a defensive masterpiece. I didn't knock the performance of Wilks in the past, it's just not meaningful. Mahomes is a much different player than he was then and their roster is significantly different. That the Cardinals under Wilks sacked Mahomes 5 times 6 years ago is not great evidence that Wilks is better at scheming against Mahomes/Reid than Saleh or Demeco. Not that I'd rather have those guys for this game. I'd rather have Spagnuolo.
  • BigT
Originally posted by Giedi:
Personally I think the draft dictates a lot of that. They drafted Pacheco and we drafted Brock, and that kind of changes the offensive dynamics of both teams (for example). Same with them (and us) drafting/acquiring Hargrave vs. DJ Jones, and whoever the KC personnel changes have been on their side.

My point is that drafting well and having good coaches take advantage of those good drafts by implementing good schemes for their drafted/acquired players is more important than simply having good coaches stick around because nobody wants him as a head coach anymore. (Spagnuolo for example).

With the exception of Reed and a few bit players, the entire defense has come through the draft. Many of them because of the Hill trade. Veach has definitely had some misses like free agents Scantlingand first round Sky Moore, but overall he has been great. Refusing to be held up by Hill showed a lot of balls and had mixed reactions when it happened. But when he requested more after days after agreeing he was gone. Adam's got a little more and Hill wanted to be the highest paid. It was definitely the right move. It forced Mahomes to be a QB instead of just relying on long shots.

come on, baby! If they go all out, we have a great chance.
I'm glad the defense is being called out, it was surreal watching that first half of Lions game. The Detroit offense is good, but there was questionable effort, like Ach says, the tape never lies. I've come to expect the defense in SF to be physical, sideline to sideline, ferocious and all out, ever since the Manusky/Singletary team. I expect to see the defense we know next week, i have no doubt, and won't be surprised if defense wins us the game.

i like it 😍
  • Cosmo

i like it 😍

😍😍😍😍

kyle got to see deebo, greenlaw, and wish here up close and drafted all of em. Lol
Originally posted by Cosmo:

i like it 😍

😍😍😍😍

Go 49ers!
Share 49ersWebzone