Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
soooo mahomes is thanos, and niners are the avengers?

This does feel like the end game

if kc wins mahomes gonna be like
fk thanos

49ers Avengers assemble!!!!

Kittle - Thor
Bosa - Hulk
Purdy - Ironman
Juice - Captain America

CMC is captain america

Well then I would say Deebo must be Black Panther??
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
So the only team to avenge a SB loss against another team was Dallas when they beat the Steelers in 95. But that was a whole generation later so none of the same cast was involved.

The 49ers will try to do what has never done before: Avenge a SB loss against the same team in the same era.

Eagles vs. Pats?

Mehhhh not really. It was McNabb, Terrell Owens, James Thrash, Brian Dawkins back in the early 2000s. A bunch of other eagles I'm missing. It was against the earliest pats dynasty. Not the same at all over 12 years later. Eagles had Nick Foles, Ertz, a young Jason Kelce and a bunch of money there play makers.

The gap in years between Superbowls made it not a "Superbowl rematch."
Originally posted by tankle104:

i like it 😍

Here's the other one

So the only team to avenge a SB loss against another team was Dallas when they beat the Steelers in 95. But that was a whole generation later so none of the same cast was involved.

The 49ers will try to do what has never done before: Avenge a SB loss against the same team in the same era.

They've already noted how much of the rosters have turned over. Not many of those who played in 2019 are still on their respective rosters. This is a different matchup.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
I been saying it all year even during the Offseason I said it was gonna be 49ers vs Chiefs Super Bowl I have been waiting for the rematch for years and years it's crazy the 49ers and Chiefs could have played in the Super Bowl 4 straight times if SF won the NFC Championship

IMO, it's more Brock Purdy causing this positive change than any adjustment Shanahan has made. Why? You have to ask yourself, when has Shanahan had a quarterback this good? That allows a coaching staff to do things they otherwise could not.

I'm a Purdy fan, but the key difference is CMC. He's the best all-purpose back we've ever had, including Roger Craig, and it unlocks so much and is a great security blanket for a young QB.

Would you rather have Jimmy G and CMC, or Purdy with Mitchell/Mason? I'll take the pair with a wb who doesn't fold under pressure and is an accurate passer.

It's not an either/or proposition. Purdy > Jimmy G, CMC >> Everyone else. CMC's vision, football smarts, quick feet, balance, power, catching ability, blitz pickup. The dude's a Hall of Famer. Hope I'll be able to say the same for Purdy one day too, but jury's still out. He's made his share of head scratchers too, but he has shown a clutchness in the playoffs, and even in the end against Cleveland, that bodes well. He takes a lot of risks too. There's always a sense that he could easily have more picks than he has. Personally I think the way we win this Super Bowl is to run it down their throat. Then start gashing with play action. That's how we'll win.
They've already noted how much of the rosters have turned over. Not many of those who played in 2019 are still on their respective rosters. This is a different matchup.

At least here the coaches are the same as opposed to NE and PHI

It's different in a sense, but ultimately it will be whether we can stop Mahomes, just like last time.
No Real football today....
Hey 49er fans I hope you guys are champions a week from tonight. You guys have classy players more so than KC. Go get it!
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
No Real football today....

lol!

Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Hey 49er fans I hope you guys are champions a week from tonight. You guys have classy players more so than KC. Go get it!

Originally posted by NCommand:

We don't hate you guys.

Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
soooo mahomes is thanos, and niners are the avengers?

This does feel like the end game

if kc wins mahomes gonna be like
fk thanos

49ers Avengers assemble!!!!

Kittle - Thor
Bosa - Hulk
Purdy - Ironman
Juice - Captain America

CMC is captain america

Well then I would say Deebo must be Black Panther??

Ambry Thomas - Black Widow

We don't hate you guys.

Same… as long as we are winning 😂

but for realz, thanks!
Share 49ersWebzone