LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 189 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
I think it sucks that the Chiefs get to use the Raiders training facility and the Niners have to use UNLV. The UNLV facility is outside and it is supposed to rain Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday!🤬

Yeah, that's some BS. Big disadvantage there.

Why is this? Because they're the home team?

Also, why wouldn't our staff find an indoor facility if it's going to be raining?
Originally posted by NCommand:

This what I'm thinking. We need to rely primarily on CMC (and some Mitchell. Maybe even some mason) in this game. I would add some Deebo sweeps and reverses too. Kyle can't out think himself in this game.

If we lose because we can't run the ball then so be it. What we can't do is abandon it like the ravens did.

And if we do pass, Brock should use CMC on swing or flare routes. A Brady type passing game. Frustrate the defense.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Exactly, run the ball and use play action.
Originally posted by NCommand:

This what I'm thinking. We need to rely primarily on CMC (and some Mitchell. Maybe even some mason) in this game. I would add some Deebo sweeps and reverses too. Kyle can't out think himself in this game.

If we lose because we can't run the ball then so be it. What we can't do is abandon it like the ravens did.

And if we do pass, Brock should use CMC on swing or flare routes. A Brady type passing game. Frustrate the defense.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

I truly hope Kyle sticks to the run game. Even if it's not working right off the bat. Last SB he did exactly what the chiefs wanted - passed instead of running. This is the defense major weakness so why not exploit it?

But then there's the GB game. It's raining? And Brock has trouble passing in the rain? Let's throw the ball 39 times, or whatever it was.
I think it sucks that the Chiefs get to use the Raiders training facility and the Niners have to use UNLV. The UNLV facility is outside and it is supposed to rain Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday!🤬

Give the Chiefs every advantage, whatever.
Come whistle on opening kickoff the Niners are going to begin to physically chew a hole into KC's soul.
It'll be fun to watch.
Not predicting any outcome, but it's just going to be lit.
Can't wait!
Originally posted by Patton:

Why is this? Because they're the home team?

Also, why wouldn't our staff find an indoor facility if it's going to be raining?

Yeah, it's because they're home team.

It's probably the nearest facility in which they can still fulfill other SB obligations.

it's just s**tty luck.
Ward and Lenoir gave up a combined 3 catches for 19 yards on 4 targets vs the Lions. I am not that concerned about the Chiefs receivers. Just need to focus on Kelce and stopping the run. Double Kelce and put Ward on Rice. Mahomes has nobody else to throw the ball to. Pacheco will occasionally make some catches but he is not CMC where he is big receiving threat. MVS, Hardman, Moore, Toney, Those guys are horrible. I think Jennings would be their #2 WR if he was on their team.

In other news Trent Williams has allowed 4 pressures in his last 7 games.
BREAKING: Patrick Mahomes dad arrested last night in TX, awaiting bail

Meh. If it was Patrick then we would have something.

Meh. If it was Patrick then we would have something.

3rd DUI.

Its still a distraction
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

jesus jimmy was an AWFUL scrambler and possibly even worse throwing on the run. Lol the contrast is insane.

This is pretty much been established lol

let's compare him to Lance. He was suppose to be our duel threat QB. I still have Purdy as the better scrambler.

Jimmy is painful to watch.

Lance looked like a clunky robot.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Ward and Lenoir gave up a combined 3 catches for 19 yards on 4 targets vs the Lions. I am not that concerned about the Chiefs receivers. Just need to focus on Kelce and stopping the run. Double Kelce and put Ward on Rice. Mahomes has nobody else to throw the ball to. Pacheco will occasionally make some catches but he is not CMC where he is big receiving threat. MVS, Hardman, Moore, Toney, Those guys are horrible. I think Jennings would be their #2 WR if he was on their team.

In other news Trent Williams has allowed 4 pressures in his last 7 games.

Meh, there were several wide open drops also. Good news is drops have been the chefs calling card this year, so hopefully that trend continues.

chiefs D is good but I don't think it's unbeatable. They aren't the 2015 broncos or 2013 Seahawks. They're just good. If our offense executes, we should win. I hope to see a dominating run game.

I think we see some Mitchell to give CMC a few breaks.
Share 49ersWebzone