LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 264 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

It's interesting. Up until the playoffs, the Chiefs pretty much fell off of everyone's radar. They really haven't been that great in the playoffs. They barely beat a Buffalo team that was missing half its defense, and went scoreless against the Ravens once the switched to man coverage. Both the Bills and Ravens shot themselves in the foot.

The defense HAS to come out strong in this game.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
We all know that the Chiefs have the advantage with the HC, QB and DC (only co-ord in NFL history to win SBs with two diff teams).
Also know: the 49ers defense has to do something extra-ordinary to make this a game.

One positive thing in the playoffs - the Chiefs have to account for a (somewhat) scrambling QB now. Plus, a few lucky bounces would help too.
Let's see, we'll take any sliver of hope.
wtf are you talking about?
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
BREAKING: Patrick Mahomes dad arrested last night in TX, awaiting bail

Meh. If it was Patrick then we would have something.

3rd DUI.

Its still a distraction

Didn't the Chiefs go through something similar before their Super Bowl loss to the Bucs? Something about Andy Reid's son getting a DUI?
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Feb 4, 2024 at 12:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Didn't the Chiefs go through something similar before their Super Bowl loss to the Bucs? Something about Andy Reid's son getting a DUI?

Yes which Chiefs fans are still using as an excuse to this day.

Is this true?!

3rd DUI.

Its still a distraction

He permanently disabled a little kid. Let's not minimize that.
Originally posted by Giedi:

chiefs D is good but I don't think it's unbeatable. They aren't the 2015 broncos or 2013 Seahawks. They're just good. If our offense executes, we should win. I hope to see a dominating run game.

I think we see some Mitchell to give CMC a few breaks.
Agree 💯%,
They are missing Omenihu and Thuny, and 70% of the game is between the trenches.

I don't think most realize how much of an impact Omenihu was having for them. He was HUGE for them. He was crushing it. Thuney is their best o line player (they have a real good center too!).

to me it's as simple as this - if our defense plays with swarming effort, we should win. Pat is going to do pat things but they aren't the same explosive team we've come to know them as. On offense, I think we are going to get at least 28, hopefully the first team to get more than 28 on them.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

3rd DUI.

Its still a distraction

He permanently disabled a little kid. Let's not minimize that.

Reid's sons were always dirbags thanks to him enabling them…kind of like his approach to coaching

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2024 at 12:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

Is this true?!

Wtf

hell yeah. Kyle drives a Tesla too 😎

lol that's a lot of garage door openers.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2024 at 12:45 PM ]
If the Chiefs want to blitz a lot.. Well.. I think we have a pretty dang good screen game that can counter that..
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Feb 4, 2024 at 12:49 PM ]

Purdy is going to have to get back to the level he played during most of the regular season for this game.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.

Wow if true.👀
We are counting turnovers that weren't turnovers again? These people are so desperate. Almost, woulda, coulda, shoulda been a turnover.

But it wasn't.

Share 49ersWebzone