🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Cosmo
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Patton:
BREAKING: Patrick Mahomes dad arrested last night in TX, awaiting bail

Meh. If it was Patrick then we would have something.

3rd DUI.

Its still a distraction

Didn't the Chiefs go through something similar before their Super Bowl loss to the Bucs? Something about Andy Reid's son getting a DUI?
He permanently disabled a little kid. Let's not minimize that.

I'd love if the media asks 100's of questions about the DUI's during media week.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Purdy is going to have to get back to the level he played during most of the regular season for this game.

Personally most (if not all) of Brocks bad plays were the result of the OLine allowing pressure to get to Brock.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I don't think most realize how much of an impact Omenihu was having for them. He was HUGE for them. He was crushing it. Thuney is their best o line player (they have a real good center too!).

to me it's as simple as this - if our defense plays with swarming effort, we should win. Pat is going to do pat things but they aren't the same explosive team we've come to know them as. On offense, I think we are going to get at least 28, hopefully the first team to get more than 28 on them.

Are we sure that Thuney isn't playing?

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.

53 LOL? He looks 68. Dude has been living hard. Too much drugs and alcohol. Looks 15 years older than he is.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are counting turnovers that weren't turnovers again? These people are so desperate. Almost, woulda, coulda, shoulda been a turnover.

But it wasn't.

I keep hearing people say that Aiyuk catch should have been an interception and lose it. First, the DB bumped Aiyuk, slowing him down and a flag was even thrown because of the contact. Only reason they picked it up was the catch was made. Had he not slowed him down, may have been a perfect pass, but we'll never know. Certainly was a perfect catch.
Originally posted by Cosmo:
We are counting turnovers that weren't turnovers again? These people are so desperate. Almost, woulda, coulda, shoulda been a turnover.

But it wasn't.

I keep hearing people say that Aiyuk catch should have been an interception and lose it. First, the DB bumped Aiyuk, slowing him down and a flag was even thrown because of the contact. Only reason they picked it up was the catch was made. Had he not slowed him down, may have been a perfect pass, but we'll never know. Certainly was a perfect catch.

It looked like interference. The flag was picked up because he caught it I believe.

The emaculate reception is celebrated by NFL Films and the Steelers over and over. It's totally a lucky play. Purdy can't get a lucky play. It's unacceptable to the haters. Bounces are part of the game and sometimes it takes a few in the playoffs to get where you are going. Nothing wrong about it and it counts just the same.
Originally posted by father49er:
Originally posted by bzborow1:

interesting that the last time Mahommes was sacked 5+ times was against wilks. He is good with coverages, it's his specialty, so maybe he has tricks up his sleeve! I hope so!

I don't know how much we can take away from a game 6 years ago in Mahomes first year as the starter. The Cardinals also lost that game 26-14 and Mahomes completed 21/28 (75%) of his passes with 2 TDs, so it isn't like it was some defensive masterpiece by Wilks.

You realize 26 points was the lowest offensive output by the 2018 chiefs, right? Lol context matters

Yea, the context that this was 6 years ago and doesn't mean s**t.

Lmao it was the best defensive performance against them that season, making your comment about it not being a good defensive performance idiotic.

same QB, same TE, Same head coach and system. He literally just ran plays from 7-8 years ago in the divisional playoffs to score a touchdown.

but you're right, doesn't matter at all. Lmao

I don't know how much you can read in past performances into this one. This team is different as is theirs. And there a lots of dynamics in the game that impact scoring, like can you eat up clock to keep Mahomes on the bench? Anyhow.

My general thought on this game is that the 49ers are a really good team and the way they play the game has gotten them this far. You don't change much, at least not to start off the game. I suspect there will be a few wrinkles but the teams play a brand of football so they're going to test it out early.

What does that mean? The 49ers offense works best when we can get the run game going and work in play action off it. I suspect the 49ers are going to come out a test early if they can play their base game against KC and adjust based on game dynamics. Similarly, I wouldn't expect the 49ers to come out on defense with an entirely different look. They are going to try playing their base defense with zone and see what happens and adjust. You don't change how you play because it's Mahomes over there. Obviously, the teams will adjust as the game goes on. Regardless, the coaches need to see how their base game is looking.

We'll be fine if we start the SB the same way we started the 2nd half of the Lions game. Also, I thought the defense played well against the Packers, especially at the beginning of the game when we limited them to 6 pts on three drives. Those stops kept the game within reach.

Yes. We don't stop doing what we're good at. Just ask the Ravens now after they thought it was a good idea to abandon the run.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-ZRjr-atSuc?si=oDM8hq7zsUctnmQr
  • Cosmo

But it wasn't.

It looked like interference. The flag was picked up because he caught it I believe.

The emaculate reception is celebrated by NFL Films and the Steelers over and over. It's totally a lucky play. Purdy can't get a lucky play. It's unacceptable to the haters. Bounces are part of the game and sometimes it takes a few in the playoffs to get where you are going. Nothing wrong about it and it counts just the same.

Exactly. Media points out Brock's interception in that game as a bad decision, when it was actually the D lineman blowing up our O line and hitting Brock's hand as he threw it.

At any rate, I'm hoping after this W he'll start getting more recognition.
Absolutely they should pound the rock at KC. It's our best chance to win. It keeps Mahomes on the sideline which is the best impact. We control the clock and run out the game. You have to stay ahead of the chains to do that. Get something on 1st and 2nd down. Don't get dumb holding penalties and false starts that back you up. It will be harder with that. You are behind the chains and have to start throwing. This is not the game to throw too much. We will throw. But pick the spots. This is a heavy CMC game. That's how to win.

But it wasn't.

Exactly. Media points out Brock's interception in that game as a bad decision, when it was actually the D lineman blowing up our O line and hitting Brock's hand as he threw it.

At any rate, I'm hoping after this W he'll start getting more recognition.

Yes I agree.

Absolutely they should pound the rock at KC. It's our best chance to win. It keeps Mahomes on the sideline which is the best impact. We control the clock and run out the game. You have to stay ahead of the chains to do that. Get something on 1st and 2nd down. Don't get dumb holding penalties and false starts that back you up. It will be harder with that. You are behind the chains and have to start throwing. This is not the game to throw too much. We will throw. But pick the spots. This is a heavy CMC game. That's how to win.

I would run traps and Whams at Chris Jones and then mix in some screens when they start trying to penetrate and get upfield too quick.

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.

3rd DUI just gross
And I didn't know that about Reid's son..that's crazy and awful
I always Uber, always, whenever I drink it's not f-n hard to catch a damn Uber. Stupid Raider killed a young lady and her dog that way..a-hole..POS
  • DrEll
  • Veteran

But it wasn't.

What do you expect ? It happened to Detroit, who 90% of the country was rooting for bc they were the retarded brother growing up. If it was reversed and that ball had bounced off of Gibson's helmet, the replays would be all over NFL NETWORK like the immaculate reception.

Sucks for Detroit. Was a PI anyways ref just picked the flag up bc Aiyuk caught it…
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I would run traps and Whams at Chris Jones and then mix in some screens when they start trying to penetrate and get upfield too quick.

I totally agree with those.
I have been wondering why it is that our first half D has been as bad as it has been, guys not knowing who to cover, horrible D play calls, guys out of position, DL not overwhelming the OL, and then, 2nd half, we look like that bad Azz D that we all know. Is it lack of motivation by Wilks, is it guys not mentally prepared for the final game…or what? If i were Kyle, i would be a co-defensive coach at least for the first half. Just anything to get our guys going.
Wilks did get a couple job interviews but unlike our other two DCs, did not get picked as HC. Could that be why our D looks so tepid in the first half…because we don't have the caliber DC that we had when we had Saleh, and Demeco? I hope coach Wilks is no longer thinking about next yrs HC position elsewhere and is 100% committed timewise to our D. Whatever it is that the D needs i hope kyle and Wilks have it for the 1st half this game as well as the 2nd half. Before, maybe Wilks was otherwise occupied with that HC gig stuff. Now , hopefully he is thinking 9ers D morning , noon and nite.

That is what i am saying the beads for.
Share 49ersWebzone