LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 267 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• Cosmo
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would run traps and Whams at Chris Jones and then mix in some screens when they start trying to penetrate and get upfield too quick.

I'd like to see similar creativity with the D line running stunts.
  • BigT
Originally posted by DrEll:
It's interesting. Up until the playoffs, the Chiefs pretty much fell off of everyone's radar. They really haven't been that great in the playoffs. They barely beat a Buffalo team that was missing half its defense, and went scoreless against the Ravens once the switched to man coverage. Both the Bills and Ravens shot themselves in the foot.

The defense HAS to come out strong in this game.

Now that's pretty good.

Miami…

Held them to 21 points in two games. They averaged nearly 30 per game…

On Buffalo… we have played each other a bunch and know each other's roster as well as we know our own. Although he doesn't have any Super Bowl wins, anyone who doesn't consider Allen a top 3 quarterback really doesn't know football. Finally they caught every break possible, fluke fumble on our part, a couple fumbles by their offense that we had unlucky bounces on and a couple balls that should have been intercepted. Sure they missed a field goal at the end, but they were not winning with 2 minutes left. It easily could have been a 14-17 point win on the road.

Baltimore…

The first two possessions we scored fairly easily. They knew the same thing that everyone knows. Stop Kelce and stop Pacheco and nobody else matters. They possibly have the best young safety ( Hamilton) and one of the best linebackers ( Roquan) . They also have the most sacks in the NFL and while Mahomes had some pressure, he is a much better QB than the Tampa SB. He is the least sacked QB in the NFL while probably having the worst receiving core. While we didn't score in the second half, we also went into a ball control offense. When we needed a 30 yard pass to seal it he got it..

I say all this to say past performance has little to do with next Sunday. Honestly nothing would surprise me. We could be down 28-3 at halftime or up 20-10. At this point it who knows. We all know what each team needs to do to win. Remember everyone knows you have to Stop Kelce or stop CMC, but yet it rarely happens
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by tankle104:

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.

Wow if true.👀

It's been confirmed.
  • BigT
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Didn't the Chiefs go through something similar before their Super Bowl loss to the Bucs? Something about Andy Reid's son getting a DUI?

His kid rear ended a stoped car while drunk and almost killed a little girl. He went to prison for it.

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.

This is f**king awesome!!!!

we are winning this f**king game!!!
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:

I wouldn't call it awesome, sure the distraction probably works in our favor, but it's a sad situation. His dad obviously has some issues.

Pat never seemed like a bad dude to me but it sure seems like his family is a disaster. I'm just glad no one got hurt because of his drunk driving. I just don't view this as sometbing to celebrate.

if we need this kind of stuff to help us win then we have no business winning.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2024 at 1:32 PM ]

I wouldn't call it awesome, sure they distraction probably works in our favor, but it's a sad situation. His dad obviously has some issues.

Pat never seemed like a bad dude to me but it sure seems like his family is a disaster. I'm just glad no one got hurt because of his drunk driving. I just don't view this as sometbing to celebrate.

I knew someone would say this and yes I get that I'm being nihilistic but I'm focused on whether we win or not. This is very similar to the thing that happened in 2020 and you better bet that it was a distraction then.

also, in this case, no one is hurt. Mahomes dad is a f'ing d******d who has it coming. I'm glad he got popped, f**k him.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
That Mahomes family is crazy
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Patton:
BREAKING: Patrick Mahomes dad arrested last night in TX, awaiting bail

Meh. If it was Patrick then we would have something.

3rd DUI.

Its still a distraction

Didn't the Chiefs go through something similar before their Super Bowl loss to the Bucs? Something about Andy Reid's son getting a DUI?
OMG YES IT DID!!

NFL doesn't try to hide their favoritism for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Should've just put Mahomes by himself. lol

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

NFL doesn't try to hide their favoritism for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Should've just put Mahomes by himself. lol

They put Mahomes in the biggest picture, front and center by the Super Bowl trophy. Brock Purdy is way back in a tiny picture on the side. You can barely see him by comparison.

Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by Cg9erSF:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
soooo mahomes is thanos, and niners are the avengers?

This does feel like the end game

if kc wins mahomes gonna be like
fk thanos

49ers Avengers assemble!!!!

Kittle - Thor
Bosa - Hulk
Purdy - Ironman
Juice - Captain America

CMC is captain america

Well then I would say Deebo must be Black Panther??

Ambry Thomas - Black Widow

Lol I agree CMC is defo Cap America.

Brock, Two Gun Kid? Lol

Brock is Hawkeye, the normal looking guy who gets underestimated because his superpower is accuracy and perseverance.
we all know the nfl is RIGGED against 49ers

it showed in the sb against the ravens, in the nfccg vs seahawks and then again blatanly against the chiefs
  • BigT
I wouldn't call it awesome, sure the distraction probably works in our favor, but it's a sad situation. His dad obviously has some issues.

With the celebration of this I thought I was at Chiefsplanet for a second… 😄 Thanks for bringing me back to reality. Contrary to what some people think Mahomes is a good guy, unfortunately he is saddled with a loud mouth wife, a douche bag brother and obviously a troubled father. Imagine finding the success he found at 23 years old. Money, fame and a media that is constantly wanting to crown him the GOAT. He has handled it all pretty well. He had a couple of outbursts this year, I think most of that was in response to the mounting frustration of having the poor efforts of MVS, Moore and Toney dictate his team's future. BTW I don't know him personally, but I have a contractor friend who did a few months worth of work on his new house. He had nothing but good things to say about him and his wife. He found him very personable, generous and fair in his dealings with him. I have worked for plenty of people with big money in my business and that is often not the case.
[ Edited by BigT on Feb 4, 2024 at 1:44 PM ]

I wouldn't call it awesome, sure they distraction probably works in our favor, but it's a sad situation. His dad obviously has some issues.

I knew someone would say this and yes I get that I'm being nihilistic but I'm focused on whether we win or not. This is very similar to the thing that happened in 2020 and you better bet that it was a distraction then.

also, in this case, no one is hurt. Mahomes dad is a f'ing d******d who has it coming. I'm glad he got popped, f**k him.

You're entitled to your own opinion. If it was a guy playing in the game, i would just laugh and be happy that one less player. Just not the same with someone worrying about their parent. Is what it is - obviously his dad deserves getting in trouble here.

regardless, let's effin win this game 😈
Share 49ersWebzone