LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 265 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

NFL doesn't try to hide their favoritism for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Should've just put Mahomes by himself. lol

This graphic sucks..I mean I have to *really* look for my qb here.

To heck with them Purdy! LG!
This teams never put up even near a complete game. If the niners actually start and finish they should get 50+ points and it will be a blowout.

At most the niners have played like 60-65% of a complete game...

I could easily see this being a blowout in our favor if everything finally clicks on offense in both halves...
And another thing, if this game earns CMC his Gold Jacket, and all Brock gets is a Ring and a little blue ribbon that says "Thanks Game Manager", I'm guessing Niner fans won't have a problem with that.
Go Damn Niners
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I wouldn't call it awesome, sure the distraction probably works in our favor, but it's a sad situation. His dad obviously has some issues.

Pat never seemed like a bad dude to me but it sure seems like his family is a disaster. I'm just glad no one got hurt because of his drunk driving. I just don't view this as sometbing to celebrate.

if we need this kind of stuff to help us win then we have no business winning.

With the celebration of this I thought I was at Chiefsplanet for a second… 😄 Thanks for bringing me back to reality. Contrary to what some people think Mahomes is a good guy, unfortunately he is saddled with a loud mouth wife, a douche bag brother and obviously a troubled father. Imagine finding the success he found at 23 years old. Money, fame and a media that is constantly wanting to crown him the GOAT. He has handled it all pretty well. He had a couple of outbursts this year, I think most of that was in response to the mounting frustration of having the poor efforts of MVS, Moore and Toney dictate his team's future. BTW I don't know him personally, but I have a contractor friend who did a few months worth of work on his new house. He had nothing but good things to say about him and his wife. He found him very personable, generous and fair in his dealings with him. I have worked for plenty of people with big money in my business and that is often not the case.

Just having money and fame at a young age is an enormous challenge in and of itself, add having a crappy group of people around you - that's even tougher. Like I said in another post, If it was a player who got a DUI, I wouldn't really care cause he shot himself in his own foot. But celebrating over something bad happening a players parent, knowing it's going to distract him, is just odd. To each their own, just not my style.
i know a few people who were born and raised in KC and visit often, he's had nothing but good things to say. That once pat and his wife were out to dinner and no one in the restaurant bothered em - so he payed for everyone's tabs and said thanks for letting him just have a meal with his wife.
now I hate him in a different way cause he beat us in a super bowl. Hahaha but I respect his ability. He's a special player.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2024 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by tankle104:

hes about to lose the super bowl and his dad is gonna end up with mandatory jail time. Lol tough week for Patty

A third or subsequent DWI in Texas is very serious. You will face a third-degree felony charge, punishable by: Up to 10 years in prison, or a minimum of 10 days in jail if probation is granted.

This is f**king awesome!!!!

we are winning this f**king game!!!

Thankfully, he didn't almost kill a kid like that other Chiefs guy.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

NFL doesn't try to hide their favoritism for Mahomes and the Chiefs. Should've just put Mahomes by himself. lol

They put Mahomes in the biggest picture, front and center by the Super Bowl trophy. Brock Purdy is way back in a tiny picture on the side. You can barely see him by comparison.

Wait?!? There's another QB playing?!?! I thought it was just Mahomes. Weird.
We need to establish the run game early and a quick passing game early so the Blitz doesn't affect us. We need a huge YAC game from Deebo.

The 9ers need to have Bolton who is the LB on KC overplay sideline to sideline and then we can hurt them over the middle of the field with Kittle and Deebo.
We need to be the YAC kings with short passes as they will blitz Purdy all day.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Feb 4, 2024 at 2:10 PM ]
It would be true but super obvious to say that this game will be won in the trenches. To be more nuanced, I think this game will be won at the edges. Who can set the edge on defense and play outside contain? Who can attack the edge with outside tosses and zone runs? Who will be successful running screens and swing passes? Who can defend the whole width of the field?
in two playoff games the 49ers defense has surrendered more rushing yards than any other SB team since the '71 Dolphins. There is ZERO chance the 49ers will have shored up the run defense issues that have been an issue all year. . All Wilks has done is exchanged d-line dominance for improvements in the secondary at the cost of D-line dominance. Remember when the defense used to swarm tackle? Remember when the defense used to have discipline? Remember the physicality the defense used to have? All of those great characteristics have totally dissipated since Wilks has been DC.
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Feb 4, 2024 at 2:19 PM ]
Run, run, and run it some more with CMC. Gawddammit!

I agree. But if the Chefs start cheating those safeties down to stop those runs over the left side, it just opens up a home run ball or two from Purdy.
Pacheco for the Chiefs is one pf the most underrated and dangerous players in all of football. The dude is powerful, fast, has great hands and he hold on to the football.. We don't stop him we lose, They need a 5 down lineman to stop the run with the wide nine this year.

Pacheco is a lot like Roger Craig with the high knees or Ricky Watters with the low centre of gravity.

Rasheen Rice is like Deebo.

p
[ Edited by RonnieLott on Feb 4, 2024 at 2:24 PM ]
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
Pacheco for the Chiefs is one pf the most underrated and dangerous players in all of football. The dude is powerful, fast, has great hands and he hold on to the football.. We don't stop him we lose, They need a 5 down lineman to stop the run with the wide nine this year.

Pacheco is a lot like Roger Craig with the high knees or Ricky Watters with the low centre of gravity.

Rasheen Rice is like Deebo.

p

yes dude we get you love the chefs
our final home for the season 😎. Let's get it
Originally posted by billbird2111:

I agree. But if the Chefs start cheating those safeties down to stop those runs over the left side, it just opens up a home run ball or two from Purdy.

Yup.

Some jet sweeps and reverses to Deebo. Always gets the offense going. And confuses the defense.
Share 49ersWebzone