There are 256 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• thl408
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
^^^

I don't underestimate Reid's ability to game plan a great offense with two weeks to prepare. It's not so much the weapons at his disposal. Also, having Mahomes doesn't hurt.

I'm sorry to say, but I have more faith in Reid being able to scheme up a good game plan with his weapons than I do Kyle with his. Kyles is one of the best coaches/OC but Reid is just that much better.

Just feed CMC and Deebo all game. They are two cheat codes. And if the Chiefs start paying extra focus on both of them that's when you hit Kittle. I am not expecting this to be an Aiyuk game because of how good Sneed is. Though I would fine a way to get Aiyuk the ball early in some fashion to get him into the game. Maybe an end around or screen. I can see Jennings having a pretty big impact because I just think the Chiefs are going to forget about him and he will be open alot.

Since KC's slot CB (McDuffie) is very good, I wonder if Kyle will try to use as much 21 personnel as possible to keep McDuffie off the field. This would limit Juan Jennings' snaps. I agree that the basic gameplan should be to heavily involve Deebo and CMC. Those are the 49er playmakers that present the toughest matchup problems for KC, like you said, because their CBs are good and could keep up with Aiyuk.
There they go! Go get em boys!

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/9vjS-CfMeHA
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
^^^

I don't underestimate Reid's ability to game plan a great offense with two weeks to prepare. It's not so much the weapons at his disposal. Also, having Mahomes doesn't hurt.

I'm sorry to say, but I have more faith in Reid being able to scheme up a good game plan with his weapons than I do Kyle with his. Kyles is one of the best coaches/OC but Reid is just that much better.

This season, "Andy Reid's ability to game plan a great offense with two weeks to prepare" resulted in 17 points at home against a fraudulent Eagles team

Okay, then. You go ahead and underestimate him.

For our sake, I hope you're right.

I'm not "underestimating" him he's possibly a top 3-5 head coach of all time. But what his record after byes in previous seasons means nothing when it comes to next Sunday
And there's a reason for that. it's certainly not for his defensive schemes. He's one of the best ever to scheme up good offensive game plans.

In last years SB, he had two wide open TD's that he was able to scheme up to take advantage of Eagles defense.

Look at our last meeting. Took advantage of our wide 9 aggressive pass rush with jet sweeps and end arounds. expect him to use Detroits first half game plan and kick it up a notch with his outstanding screen pass game.

Two things we have struggled with, especially lately, outside runs and the screen game. That's two of Reid's specialties.

Defense better come ready to gang tackle and play disciplined, or else it will be a long day.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Absolutely they should pound the rock at KC.

Learn from your Superbowl mistake.

When Honey badger said he was glad we stopped running.

Also, they (Spags) sees our offense as basic with a lot of window dressing (3:00).

he never said he was glad we stopped running

Different segment/quote but he said it...emphatically. He knew.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/tyrann-mathieu-was-grateful-when-49ers-started-to-throw-the-ball

"We were grateful they got out of the run and started to throw the ball," Mathieu said.
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 4, 2024 at 4:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Absolutely they should pound the rock at KC.

Learn from your Superbowl mistake.

When Honey badger said he was glad we stopped running.

Also, they (Spags) sees our offense as basic with a lot of window dressing (3:00).

Question is, does Kyle know that?

Would he care???
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Purdy is going to have to get back to the level he played during most of the regular season for this game.

Yah, if Purdy's O-line held as much as his and got away with it, maybe we wouldn't be sitting here how he has to get back to regular season form. Mahomes O-line got away with a few holds vs the Ravens. Out of the three playoff games how many times were the Chiefs called for holding??
The holding by Kansas City is almost as bad cheating as Bill Belichick and his under inflated balls

Gotta love a good ole distraction! Feel kinda bad for Patrick, his family really seems to suck. I hope he gets asked a lot about it this week tho
Originally posted by RonnieLott:
The holding by Kansas City is almost as bad cheating as Bill Belichick and his under inflated balls

Or the Legion of Boom holding, knowing full well it's worth the 1 or 2 calls per game. 5 yards. Big deal.
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Faithful rock!
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
That is the field. Why would they paint the practice field?

you think that's allegiant stadium?

That is the field that will go into the stadium. Why is that funny? Need someone to explain it to you?

Share 49ersWebzone