LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 264 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Gotta love a good ole distraction! Feel kinda bad for Patrick, his family really seems to suck. I hope he gets asked a lot about it this week tho

Except Charvarius Ward is now talking about going to the strip early in the week. 🙄

I swear, we always have an idiot who doesn't want to be 100% focused.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

a lot of s**t talking going on here

The flip side is that, outside of Chris jones, the chiefs don't have the D line those guys have.

but the line, and Brock, need to get better about diagnosing that stuff. You can't have free rushers when it should be hat on a hat.

i think we are going to run a lot and may see more Mitchell than we have in the past.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Yup. Idgaf if people say brock got carried this game. He will be happy to win it all in any way. We're here to win games, not to pad stats. Cmc will be the key on the offensive end
Yep f**k the narrative just win the game.

That all Baltimore had to do. Don't make it a QB duel. Put the pride to the side and win the f**king game

Kyles had two super bowl collapses that are partially due to him not calling more run plays (not solely). I expect he's going to run the sh!t out of that ball. Lmao

No one will care how we win, just that we win.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Gotta love a good ole distraction! Feel kinda bad for Patrick, his family really seems to suck. I hope he gets asked a lot about it this week tho

Except Charvarius Ward is now talking about going to the strip early in the week. 🙄

You send a bunch of 20/30 somethings to vegas and think they are going to church?

no.
theyre going to the chiefs funeral. Locked in baby
  • BigT
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
There is some missing context that would be insightful:
- what were the TO-worthy play percentage for the field of QBs in the playoffs?
- how does TO-worthy play percentage change with the elements?
- how does TO-worthy play percentage change with regular season vs playoffs?
- how does TO-worthy play percentage change with o-line pass grading?

I suspect that Mahomes is an outlier for most of these trends, as he's the best QB by a lot. I also suspect Purdy would come in the top-5 of all playoffs QB's. Also, Purdy probably has the worst "bad weather" splits.

Mahomes also played 3 games one in a -30 windchill ( Miami) and one in rain ( Baltimore). He has been extremely focused and solid so far. Probably throw 3 picks on Sunday.

As to the distraction of is father being a dumbass, he has played in four Super Bowl games. I seriously doubt much is going to affect him. If it were a player or I coach I could see it be a distraction. The other players may care about him but I doubt they care much about his dad.

The accident Reids dipstick son got in did have an effect on the team. They all knew him and a child was badly injured. Reid also had a son die from drugs while in Philly. He has had his personal issues for sure.

Several years ago a local radio personality called out Reid's parenting and discipline of the team as lacking. This was a couple years before the kids wreck. It was a sports talk station and he was immediately fired. I always thought he was on to something when he said it. But in this town it doesn't pay to get on the wrong side of them
  • pd24
  • Veteran
They just landed per Lombardi
As much as it hurt to lose to the super bowl in 2019, I'm glad it was to the chiefs and Reid. Reid is an all time great coach and he finally got over the hump and Mahommes was clearly on a historic trajectory (which has continued). So i understood it, even though we blew it.

the 2012 one actually bothers me cause we lost to freakin Joe Flacco. We should of won that.

it's finally our time to take one down. I respect the chiefs but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win this besides our guys beating ourselves. I think we see a big game by the D. Team seems way more locked in than 2019. Offense is way better and Brock is miles better than jimmy.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Niners99:

You send a bunch of 20/30 somethings to vegas and think they are going to church?

no.

So the thing is, these 20/30 somethings are not regular people, they're million dollar athlete's, they can go back to Vegas and "get turnt" any other time of the year. It helps when San Francisco is not very far
Originally posted by pd24:

I'm watching the live feed now lol.

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by pd24:

I'm watching the live feed now lol.

they gotta be landing in with this type of mindset.
Who is Matt V and why should I care? Diagnose a blitz? You are talking about our offensive line and yeah it's bad. That's not really on Purdy though.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Awesome
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Yup. Idgaf if people say brock got carried this game. He will be happy to win it all in any way. We're here to win games, not to pad stats. Cmc will be the key on the offensive end

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone