🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by DaleGribble:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Yup. Idgaf if people say brock got carried this game. He will be happy to win it all in any way. We're here to win games, not to pad stats. Cmc will be the key on the offensive end
Yep f**k the narrative just win the game.

That all Baltimore had to do. Don't make it a QB duel. Put the pride to the side and win the f**king game
The Ravens game plan was mind boggling to say the least.

This was the year Lamar was gonna break out as a passer...
Originally posted by tankle104:

Yup. Idgaf if people say brock got carried this game. He will be happy to win it all in any way. We're here to win games, not to pad stats. Cmc will be the key on the offensive end

That all Baltimore had to do. Don't make it a QB duel. Put the pride to the side and win the f**king game

Kyles had two super bowl collapses that are partially due to him not calling more run plays (not solely). I expect he's going to run the sh!t out of that ball. Lmao

No one will care how we win, just that we win.
How pissed off will you be if he doesn't just run the damn ball?
[ Edited by DaleGribble on Feb 4, 2024 at 7:07 PM ]
Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:

Wilks needs to find an answer for this

Someone with more knowledge than me should know this, but doesn't wide 9 just mean the DEs line up further outside the tackles? Does the entire defensive play call change if they just change where they line up? What else can be done to counter this?

Not educated myself but dude in the video said that the DEs need to get physical with the WRs that try to block them at the LOS, but commenters in the video suggest that creates other potential issues if it turns out to be play action
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

The Ravens game plan was mind boggling to say the least.

This was the year Lamar was gonna break out as a passer...
Lol maybe next year.
Originally posted by BigT:
As much as it hurt to lose to the super bowl in 2019, I'm glad it was to the chiefs and Reid. Reid is an all time great coach and he finally got over the hump and Mahommes was clearly on a historic trajectory (which has continued). So i understood it, even though we blew it.

the 2012 one actually bothers me cause we lost to freakin Joe Flacco. We should of won that.

it's finally our time to take one down. I respect the chiefs but I don't see any reason why we shouldn't win this besides our guys beating ourselves. I think we see a big game by the D. Team seems way more locked in than 2019. Offense is way better and Brock is miles better than jimmy.

Agreed I would have been fine losing to the Lions and losing to me irrelevant would have its upside too. What a story that would be. Anyone other than that s**tbag Sirianni and those nasty Eagles fans

Brock is an amazing story and a class act, idk why people root against him or dislike him, I think it has to do because of the jimmy G debate for years. If he wins it, it'll be one of the best under dog sports story of all time and he's an awesome guy to root for. Just a class act and an excellent role model for kids, IMO.

i think Kyle is the new Andy, very similar stories early on in their coaching career. I just hope Kyle is able to get over the hump this year.

lol I'm with you. Hate the eagles because of him. I actually used to like the eagles, as much as you can when you love another team, because of Reid. Sirianni is just a super douche. I love that after he taunted the chiefs, he had a historic collapse. Lmao I think our game against them had a lost to do with that, or at least like to think that 😈.

another reason why I wasn't super upset with losing to the chiefs, within context of having to choose a team that you'd prefer to lose to if you had to, they have great owners and it had been a long time since they won.

im still hoping we dominate but I respect your organization.

Kyles had two super bowl collapses that are partially due to him not calling more run plays (not solely). I expect he's going to run the sh!t out of that ball. Lmao

Extremely. There would be just no excuse for it besides the chiefs run D was stuffing us every down, and even then we should keep running and not abandon it or if we are way behind point wise.

I'd start to question if he can actually win it. I love Kyle but if he doesn't run much against this chiefs team, with a bad run D and awesome corners… then idk what to think anymore. Lol

Extremely. There would be just no excuse for it besides the chiefs run D was stuffing us every down, and even then we should keep running and not abandon it or if we are way behind point wise.

I'd start to question if he can actually win it. I love Kyle but if he doesn't run much against this chiefs team, with a bad run D and awesome corners… then idk what to think anymore. Lol

Part of the problem with our offense, when it stagnates it's because our run game is not getting consistent yards on early downs, leading to 3rd and long situations. I KC is gonna stack the box early, I don't think we should force the issue. We got get that box unstacked early. I think opening with a balanced attack is the way and attacking with the pass in stacked boxes.
I've said it all week, and I'll say it again:

Losing because we got outplayed would suck. Losing because we just refuse to run the ball? That's something I don't think I can ever get over.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I've said it all week, and I'll say it again:

Losing because we got outplayed would suck. Losing because we just refuse to run the ball? That's something I don't think I can ever get over.
Agreed that would be a tough pill to swallow.

Originally posted by Chance:

Part of the problem with our offense, when it stagnates it's because our run game is not getting consistent yards on early downs, leading to 3rd and long situations. I KC is gonna stack the box early, I don't think we should force the issue. We got get that box unstacked early. I think opening with a balanced attack is the way and attacking with the pass in stacked boxes.

I think that's been a theme in these playoffs - either zero yards or negative yards on drives. Which obviously forces us into long second and third. Fortunately, I think Brock has done a good job managing that but it's made us stagnant at times. That's something Jimmy wasn't able to do.

even if we get 2 yards on a run, that helps a lot. 2nd and 8 is a lot better than 2nd and 10 from a play calling standpoint because it makes us a little less predictable flexible for the defense.

chiefs have a bad run D, so I'm hoping that we can take advantage of that on early downs.
Originally posted by Predator85:

im loving the black outfits. Funeral time baby! Just like we did at Philly 😎 not sure why we are commies though. Lll
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2024 at 7:40 PM ]
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Gotta love a good ole distraction! Feel kinda bad for Patrick, his family really seems to suck. I hope he gets asked a lot about it this week tho

Except Charvarius Ward is now talking about going to the strip early in the week. 🙄

I swear, we always have an idiot who doesn't want to be 100% focused.

You send a bunch of 20/30 somethings to vegas and think they are going to church?

no.

So the thing is, these 20/30 somethings are not regular people, they're million dollar athlete's, they can go back to Vegas and "get turnt" any other time of the year. It helps when San Francisco is not very far

Exactly. Its the SUPER BOWL. Focus for one week and party the entire offseason AFTER you win. I don't care if Ward never leaves Vegas until summer camp starts. Just win first.

Hearing about how the 2012 Niners were partying all week in New Orleans makes me furious. Whitner and Kilgore both said the team wasn't focused or prepared for the game.

im loving the black outfits. Funeral time baby! Just like we did at Philly 😎

If we can have a repeat of what we did to Philly and do it to KC in the Super Bowl... I'd legit cream my pants...

Commanders?
Share 49ersWebzone