Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Predator85:

Commanders?

Schefter is hammered. Lol it's Vegas.
  • BigT
Originally posted by tankle104:
Brock is an amazing story and a class act, idk why people root against him or dislike him, I think it has to do because of the jimmy G debate for years. If he wins it, it'll be one of the best under dog sports story of all time and he's an awesome guy to root for. Just a class act and an excellent role model for kids, IMO.

i think Kyle is the new Andy, very similar stories early on in their coaching career. I just hope Kyle is able to get over the hump this year.

lol I'm with you. Hate the eagles because of him. I actually used to like the eagles, as much as you can when you love another team, because of Reid. Sirianni is just a super douche. I love that after he taunted the chiefs, he had a historic collapse. Lmao I think our game against them had a lost to do with that, or at least like to think that 😈.

another reason why I wasn't super upset with losing to the chiefs, within context of having to choose a team that you'd prefer to lose to if you had to, they have great owners and it had been a long time since they won.

im still hoping we dominate but I respect your organization.

You guys are in a similar situation as I was before 2018 when Mahomes got here. I have been a Chiefs fan since the 70's. We had some good regular season teams with Marty and Vermeil. Marty had like a .730 regular season record and .230 in the playoffs. We ran the ball too much and had poor Qb play. He never even went to a SB after winning 13 or 14 games. It was brutal. When Montane came here in 93 everyone was in Awe. We almost did it but still came up short. It was 22 years before we won another playoff game.

more all black. 😏
[ Edited by tankle104 on Feb 4, 2024 at 7:47 PM ]
Originally posted by BigT:
Brock is an amazing story and a class act, idk why people root against him or dislike him, I think it has to do because of the jimmy G debate for years. If he wins it, it'll be one of the best under dog sports story of all time and he's an awesome guy to root for. Just a class act and an excellent role model for kids, IMO.

i think Kyle is the new Andy, very similar stories early on in their coaching career. I just hope Kyle is able to get over the hump this year.

lol I'm with you. Hate the eagles because of him. I actually used to like the eagles, as much as you can when you love another team, because of Reid. Sirianni is just a super douche. I love that after he taunted the chiefs, he had a historic collapse. Lmao I think our game against them had a lost to do with that, or at least like to think that 😈.

another reason why I wasn't super upset with losing to the chiefs, within context of having to choose a team that you'd prefer to lose to if you had to, they have great owners and it had been a long time since they won.

You guys are in a similar situation as I was before 2018 when Mahomes got here. I have been a Chiefs fan since the 70's. We had some good regular season teams with Marty and Vermeil. Marty had like a .730 regular season record and .230 in the playoffs. We ran the ball too much and had poor Qb play. He never even went to a SB after winning 13 or 14 games. It was brutal. When Montane came here in 93 everyone was in Awe. We almost did it but still came up short. It was 22 years before we won another playoff game.

I've noticed that chiefs fan really love montana, which is awesome. He's my favorite player ever. Seems like he really enjoyed his time there too. I have a chiefs friend who has been a fan since the late 70s and he loves montana because of his time there.

Commanders?

He just gave us a preview to next year's script
Ughhh... this coming Sunday can't come fast enoughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Feb 4, 2024 at 8:00 PM ]
  • BigT
I've noticed that chiefs fan really love montana, which is awesome. He's my favorite player ever. Seems like he really enjoyed his time there too. I have a chiefs friend who has been a fan since the late 70s and he loves montana because of his time there.

I remember hearing an interview where Joe said Marty warned him about the noise in the stadium and he kind of laughed and didn't believe it. After his first game he remarked it was the best venue he had ever played in and that the fans were the most passionate he had ever seen. It truly is something especially on a prime time game at night.. 80000+ and nobody sits. I always felt bad he didn't get one here but even if we had beaten the Bills, the Cowboys were tough that year.
  • Cosmo

Commanders?

Probably there to scout our assistants for their new OC.
CMC should AT LEAST get 25 carries (preferable try to get him to 30), Juice gets 2-3 carries this game, Brock needs to scramble when the lanes are open, JJ needs to be targeted more in the passing game, CMC also needs targets, Juice also needs 2-3 targets, and Deebo needs a couple of designed runs/screens. Unfortunately I think George will get 2 targets max since he will need to help the O-line to block.

• Cosmo

I remember hearing an interview where Joe said Marty warned him about the noise in the stadium and he kind of laughed and didn't believe it. After his first game he remarked it was the best venue he had ever played in and that the fans were the most passionate he had ever seen. It truly is something especially on a prime time game at night.. 80000+ and nobody sits. I always felt bad he didn't get one here but even if we had beaten the Bills, the Cowboys were tough that year.

The MNF shootout he had vs Elway is up there with all of my favorite Montana games with SF. Made me mad as hell when I watched it live, knowing he should have still been a Niner.
The Niners need to come out fast and set the tone! Pressure pressure pressure run run run sweeps and short passes behind williams and jest runs with Debo. Let our stars do the work!! AND BLITZ frequently

Mahomes is going to throw a lot of short passes to stop our defensive rush.

So the tackling needs to be A1
After 49ers finally get it done, who's you think gets MVP

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/lists/49ers-super-bowl-58-lviii-mvp-odds/?utm_source=49ersWebZone&utm_medium=dt&utm_campaign=affref
  • BigT
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The MNF shootout he had vs Elway is up there with all of my favorite Montana games with SF. Made me mad as hell when I watched it live, knowing he should have still been a Niner.

That was an incredible game. We weren't used to that kind of QB play here. He was one of the coolest ever. I know his wife hated it here, she b***hed about the restaurants. I guess she didn't like barbecue. 😂

So where's the similarities?
Share 49ersWebzone