LISTEN: 49ers Snatch Defeat From The Jaws Of Victory →

There are 293 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by Cosmo:
The MNF shootout he had vs Elway is up there with all of my favorite Montana games with SF. Made me mad as hell when I watched it live, knowing he should have still been a Niner.

That was an incredible game. We weren't used to that kind of QB play here. He was one of the coolest ever. I know his wife hated it here, she b***hed about the restaurants. I guess she didn't like barbecue. 😂

Lol good for her, that would suck going to Missouri from California
The horrible takes have been rolling since the niners played the Jags this year.... actually since training camp when the media were crying about Brock throwing pick 6's in camp 2 months after a UCL surgery. He then went on to be top 3 in every QB category in the league and lead his team to first place in the NFC. Brock does not care what you think or say Grant. The kid is 24 years old with 2 NFC championships and superbowl on his resume. I think you're hoping the niners lose because it seems the only thing you can ever talk about is the franchises flaws instead of focusing on the fact that it is the most playoff winning NFL team of all time.
In exactly one week from now, I'm either going to be ecstatically watching highlights instead of sleeping, or be laying in bed with a hole in my heart thinking it's time I break the Nintendo Switch back out. There is no in between.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Gotta love a good ole distraction! Feel kinda bad for Patrick, his family really seems to suck. I hope he gets asked a lot about it this week tho

Except Charvarius Ward is now talking about going to the strip early in the week. 🙄

I swear, we always have an idiot who doesn't want to be 100% focused.

You send a bunch of 20/30 somethings to vegas and think they are going to church?

no.

So the thing is, these 20/30 somethings are not regular people, they're million dollar athlete's, they can go back to Vegas and "get turnt" any other time of the year. It helps when San Francisco is not very far

Exactly. Its the SUPER BOWL. Focus for one week and party the entire offseason AFTER you win. I don't care if Ward never leaves Vegas until summer camp starts. Just win first.

Hearing about how the 2012 Niners were partying all week in New Orleans makes me furious. Whitner and Kilgore both said the team wasn't focused or prepared for the game.

Hey sure I agree with you both but...

That is unrealistic. You have to live in reality not what you think should happen.
  • BigT
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
So where's the similarities?

Well coming up short in the playoffs after good regular seasons and not winning a Super Bowl for nearly 30 years would bear some commonality I suppose
  • thl408
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

a lot of s**t talking going on here

The flip side is that, outside of Chris jones, the chiefs don't have the D line those guys have.

but the line, and Brock, need to get better about diagnosing that stuff. You can't have free rushers when it should be hat on a hat.

i think we are going to run a lot and may see more Mitchell than we have in the past.

I don't remember having seen a RB screen pass this postseason. That's one way to punish a blitz. Let's dial up a timely one and let CMC run loose.
The advice I would give to Kyle Shanahan is not to outthink yourself. Niners offensive strength is the run and don't deviate from it just like you did in the Ravens game where you came out with four straight pass attempts. Also, get a game manager that can manage the clock better.

Also talking Taylor Swift. Only a star as big as Taylor Swift could get on a stage, announce she's about to share a "secret" and then have world go wild when that "secret" is a new album.

Kyle please don't factory reboot on the sideline like in 2019 by stopping running the ball which is still a weakness for the Chiefs and try to not out do Andy Reid & Mahomes by throwing the damn ball the entire second half..Do what needs to be done and get the out the way because after this one you won't be coming back to the show as a Niners coach specifically if you Shanahan it up again for a potential 3rd time future salary cap hell and aging key talent and suspect drafting and developing talent won't allow if. The trick bag is out of tricks & it's time to get rid of people 1 year too soon instead of 1 year too late.

But we know that Kyle has been to the NFC championship 4 times, has won the NFC championship 2 times, and he has been to Superbowls twice for no wins including a terrible brain fade last quarter with Atlanta Falcons and 2019 with our San Fransisco 49ers…all within a 5-year time frame. We prefer Lyle calling plays. He knows what he is doing. But Kyle, please don't implode in the last quarter for the third Superbowl in a row. In the last quarter, please, Go drink some antifreeze.
  • BigT
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Lol good for her, that would suck going to Missouri from California

I don't know I was in San Francisco awhile back for a conference and parts of it are quite the s**thole.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Originally posted by njninersfan420:
Gotta love a good ole distraction! Feel kinda bad for Patrick, his family really seems to suck. I hope he gets asked a lot about it this week tho

Except Charvarius Ward is now talking about going to the strip early in the week. 🙄

I swear, we always have an idiot who doesn't want to be 100% focused.

You send a bunch of 20/30 somethings to vegas and think they are going to church?

no.

So the thing is, these 20/30 somethings are not regular people, they're million dollar athlete's, they can go back to Vegas and "get turnt" any other time of the year. It helps when San Francisco is not very far

Exactly. Its the SUPER BOWL. Focus for one week and party the entire offseason AFTER you win. I don't care if Ward never leaves Vegas until summer camp starts. Just win first.

Hearing about how the 2012 Niners were partying all week in New Orleans makes me furious. Whitner and Kilgore both said the team wasn't focused or prepared for the game.

Hey sure I agree with you both but...

That is unrealistic. You have to live in reality not what you think should happen.

focusing, and ignoring all distractions for the biggest game of your life for 1 week shouldn't be that hard. I remember Alshon Jeffrey was doing an interview when the Eagles were in the Super Bowl, he said something along the lines of "This whole media stuff is bs , if it were up to the team, we'd practice at home and arrive Friday"

if this isn't your mindset going into the Super Bowl, then you're probably going to lose.
[ Edited by RiceOwensStokes on Feb 4, 2024 at 8:54 PM ]
Question for you 49er fans? Do you guys hate us with Jordan Love as much as when Rodgers was here?

Originally posted by 49ersvsPackers:
Question for you 49er fans? Do you guys hate us with Jordan Love as much as when Rodgers was here?

I hated you most with Favre
doesn't matter who the QB is
  • pd24
  • Veteran

I don't think we hate the Packers that much. Rogers almost always lost to us and Love is still new and hasn't beat us.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
doesn't matter who the QB is

We don't hate you guys that much.
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
I hated you most with Favre

How bout now? Has the rivalry softened a bit?
Share 49ersWebzone