There are 111 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• BigT
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
You're glad it was to the chiefs? Because of Reid? Whose son almost killed a kid in a dui accident? And you're giving me s**t over being happy Mahomes dad is trash who distracted our opponent?

you and the chiefs fan should both go outside and maybe play slap ass with eachother.

I love the confidence and the suggestion. You guys talk about CMC, Deebo, Bosa, Kittle and all the other All pros on your team but in the end it all comes down to Purdy and how he plays on Sunday. He may be the second coming of Montana or he may shrivel up like a cat turd on a sunny day. When he has to figure out the crazy looks and mad pressure Spags can bring. As much as you want it to be about something else it is not. CMC and Deebo could have 300 yards between them, but if Purdy plays like he did against the Ravens you guys will lose. Collectively your receivers are better than any unit in the NFL, but individually they are not as good as what Sneed and McDuffie have shut down all year. The issue for us is your 3and 4 options. Making him uncomfortable will be the goal.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Love that both Bosa and York are talking about the missed holding calls from SB54.

Talking about it makes it harder for the refs to steal it again.

Though, this year we have to contend wirh Kelce proposing to Taylor after a chiefs win. NFL will obvs want that storyline above all else.

What Bosa said was nothing but the truth, problem is, people hate hearing the truth. Another problem is it will be the same refs from SB54 and that was the worst officiating I've ever seen, lets hope Vinovich is on our side this time. I wanna see the Chiefs fans and players to know what that s**t is like when they don't call holding or late hits on your QB or a b******t OPI on Kelce.

The push off on Kittle on a bomb called back was outrageous. That was so minor. His hand was just out to see where the defender was. The non calls against Bosa were horrible. Holding all the time and key moments too. Chiefs got all the calls in that game. The most important ones too.

The flag on Kittle was one of the most egregious calls of all time.

Thats just about every play the receiver has his hand out a couple inches like that.

It's hilarious that anybody could watch that play and not see the OBVIOUS push off. Take your Niner colored glasses off.
Niner fans I admit as a Packers fan we're afraid of you guys. We surrender when we know your on the schedule cause we always lose. You own us. Thanks for not rubbing it in about kicking us out of the playoffs again.
I wish they would eventually move the Superbowl to a Saturday. Not sure the reason not to.
I'm already tossing and turning at night. How the f am I going to make it till Sunday? 😂
Originally posted by JTB1974:
Why does everyone still act like the Chiefs have some dominant offense? They haven't been a top offense all season and haven't in these playoffs. They are here because of their defense. They scored 17 points vs the Ravens and 27 vs the Bills that had half of their defense on the shelf. And scored 26 vs the Dolphins. Yes they have the best QB in the league but he is not the boogeyman. Do I worry alot about the Chiefs offense? Yes but that's because I lack faith in our defense. Mainly our run defense and our pass rush that is not getting home much. The Chiefs didn't have a single 1000+ yard receiver this season. They had 2 guys between 900-1000 and their #3 guy was Watson with 460. And their #1 RB didn't reach 1000 yards rushing this season and was their only player with over 1000 total yards. We had 4 players with over 1000+ total yards and one of those 4 had over 2000. CMC had more receiving yards than the Chiefs #2 WR.

I haven't seen anyone that thinks the Chiefs offense is dominant.
Originally posted by thl408:
Since KC's slot CB (McDuffie) is very good, I wonder if Kyle will try to use as much 21 personnel as possible to keep McDuffie off the field. This would limit Juan Jennings' snaps. I agree that the basic gameplan should be to heavily involve Deebo and CMC. Those are the 49er playmakers that present the toughest matchup problems for KC, like you said, because their CBs are good and could keep up with Aiyuk.

McDuffie isn't a slot only guy. If the Niners go 21 personnel he will still be on the field.
  • thl408
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Since KC's slot CB (McDuffie) is very good, I wonder if Kyle will try to use as much 21 personnel as possible to keep McDuffie off the field. This would limit Juan Jennings' snaps. I agree that the basic gameplan should be to heavily involve Deebo and CMC. Those are the 49er playmakers that present the toughest matchup problems for KC, like you said, because their CBs are good and could keep up with Aiyuk.

McDuffie isn't a slot only guy. If the Niners go 21 personnel he will still be on the field.

Ah ok. Which CB is it that gets on the field in nickel? Which LB comes off the field?
  • thl408
Hey Chief fans on here. Did the Braves fans (MLB) copy the tomahawk chop chant and arm chopping motion from you guys, or did you guys copy it from them? I wish the 49ers had something like that. Like a 49er miner chopping their pickaxe looking for gold. Not sure what song would accompany that. You guys have a cool song too. I'm not even sure miners chop their pick axe. Maybe a sifting motion as they sift for gold.
By the way that Chief/Brave arm chopping motion is getting really close to some nazi s**t. One 90 degree rotation of the shoulder/elbow/wrist joint and we have a real problem.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
I wish they would eventually move the Superbowl to a Saturday. Not sure the reason not to.

Because "Super Bowl Saturday" sounds stupid.

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Because "Super Bowl Saturday" sounds stupid.

They will play the first half on saturday and second half on sunday lol
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
You're glad it was to the chiefs? Because of Reid? Whose son almost killed a kid in a dui accident? And you're giving me s**t over being happy Mahomes dad is trash who distracted our opponent?

you and the chiefs fan should both go outside and maybe play slap ass with eachother.

I love the confidence and the suggestion. You guys talk about CMC, Deebo, Bosa, Kittle and all the other All pros on your team but in the end it all comes down to Purdy and how he plays on Sunday. He may be the second coming of Montana or he may shrivel up like a cat turd on a sunny day. When he has to figure out the crazy looks and mad pressure Spags can bring. As much as you want it to be about something else it is not. CMC and Deebo could have 300 yards between them, but if Purdy plays like he did against the Ravens you guys will lose. Collectively your receivers are better than any unit in the NFL, but individually they are not as good as what Sneed and McDuffie have shut down all year. The issue for us is your 3and 4 options. Making him uncomfortable will be the goal.

On February 7, 2021, Mahomies shriveled up like a cat turd on a sunny day. It can happen to anyone. He also shriveled up in the week 16 loss to the Raiders. He's also had numerous 3 int+ games in his career so far. It happens to the best of them. Also remember that Purdy is the highest rated QB against pressure this season. I still, whenever I think of Purdy, think about his first real action against the Dolphins in 2022 as a rookie when they brought the house, and he absolutely throttled them. You can get him with pressure but he can also dish it out right back.

This is a hard matchup to figure out considering the 49ers' woes on defense all season yet they collectively have more sacks and ints than the Chiefs and total yards allowed is pretty much the same. Chiefs had to go through a gauntlet to get to the SB (save vs the hapless Dolphins) but they were helped by poor decision making by Allen and Jackson do have to credit Spag's defense. 49ers sieve of a defense put them in precarious positions against both the Lions and the Pack but they puckered up and powered through in the end.

Both teams had quite a bit of luck happen to them in these playoffs. Bills kicker missing that fg. Flowers fumble. Immaculate reception catch by Aiyuk. Reynold's fingers turning into butterfingers.

Dam - tough game to predict.
Originally posted by 49erKing:
On February 7, 2021, Mahomies shriveled up like a cat turd on a sunny day. It can happen to anyone. He also shriveled up in the week 16 loss to the Raiders. He's also had numerous 3 int+ games in his career so far. It happens to the best of them. Also remember that Purdy is the highest rated QB against pressure this season. I still, whenever I think of Purdy, think about his first real action against the Dolphins in 2022 as a rookie when they brought the house, and he absolutely throttled them. You can get him with pressure but he can also dish it out right back.

This is a hard matchup to figure out considering the 49ers' woes on defense all season yet they collectively have more sacks and ints than the Chiefs and total yards allowed is pretty much the same. Chiefs had to go through a gauntlet to get to the SB (save vs the hapless Dolphins) but they were helped by poor decision making by Allen and Jackson do have to credit Spag's defense. 49ers sieve of a defense put them in precarious positions against both the Lions and the Pack but they puckered up and powered through in the end.

Both teams had quite a bit of luck happen to them in these playoffs. Bills kicker missing that fg. Flowers fumble. Immaculate reception catch by Aiyuk. Reynold's fingers turning into butterfingers.

Purdy isn't going to be successful unless we establish the run to set up the pass. If he is trying to be the hero and pass a ton its not going to work. Even if that means running when his first reads are covered, thats a better strategy. I really hope Kyle doesn't get caught up trying to be a passing game genius and proving Purdy is legit, because thats not going to get us anywhere.
Hey Chief fans on here. Did the Braves fans (MLB) copy the tomahawk chop chant and arm chopping motion from you guys, or did you guys copy it from them? I wish the 49ers had something like that. Like a 49er miner chopping their pickaxe looking for gold. Not sure what song would accompany that. You guys have a cool song too. I'm not even sure miners chop their pick axe. Maybe a sifting motion as they sift for gold.
By the way that Chief/Brave arm chopping motion is getting really close to some nazi s**t. One 90 degree rotation of the shoulder/elbow/wrist joint and we have a real problem.

I'm sure much of their fanbase is used to rotating in both directions. They also probably like to dress up as ghosts when it's not even Halloween.
[ Edited by Young2Owens on Feb 5, 2024 at 7:31 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49erKing:

Purdy isn't going to be successful unless we establish the run to set up the pass. If he is trying to be the hero and pass a ton its not going to work. Even if that means running when his first reads are covered, thats a better strategy. I really hope Kyle doesn't get caught up trying to be a passing game genius and proving Purdy is legit, because thats not going to get us anywhere.
That's probably my biggest fear heading into the game.
Share 49ersWebzone