There are 112 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by thl408:
I don't remember having seen a RB screen pass this postseason. That's one way to punish a blitz. Let's dial up a timely one and let CMC run loose.

This

Best way to beat Bosa also. Dude will consistently be out of position to make plays on screens and jet sweeps.
Getting the feeling we're going to see the Niners play a game that they have not played in almost a month or so.
I can see a dominant game on both sides of the ball. They are due for an Eagles or Cowboys type game where they make the plays on both sides of the ball and put together a dominant performance.
Anything can happen, mistakes or miscues could very easily put them in the same spot they've been in the past 2 playoff games but I think the percentages are higher that favor them having a good game.
  • BigT
Hey Chief fans on here. Did the Braves fans (MLB) copy the tomahawk chop chant and arm chopping motion from you guys, or did you guys copy it from them? I wish the 49ers had something like that. Like a 49er miner chopping their pickaxe looking for gold. Not sure what song would accompany that. You guys have a cool song too. I'm not even sure miners chop their pick axe. Maybe a sifting motion as they sift for gold.
By the way that Chief/Brave arm chopping motion is getting really close to some nazi s**t. One 90 degree rotation of the shoulder/elbow/wrist joint and we have a real problem.

So I don't know who was first but I know the chop started at Florida st. I think the Chiefs started around the early nineties. I am surprised they haven't come for it and the name harder. If we were on a coast they would have already canceled it. Little tougher here in the land of Buckhorn Beer and ElCaminos. They did do away with the hot girl in a loincloth that used to ride a horse around called Warpaint. Now we have a weird little guy called KC Wolf which I have never really understood.
  • thl408
Originally posted by BigT:
Hey Chief fans on here. Did the Braves fans (MLB) copy the tomahawk chop chant and arm chopping motion from you guys, or did you guys copy it from them? I wish the 49ers had something like that. Like a 49er miner chopping their pickaxe looking for gold. Not sure what song would accompany that. You guys have a cool song too. I'm not even sure miners chop their pick axe. Maybe a sifting motion as they sift for gold.
By the way that Chief/Brave arm chopping motion is getting really close to some nazi s**t. One 90 degree rotation of the shoulder/elbow/wrist joint and we have a real problem.

So I don't know who was first but I know the chop started at Florida st. I think the Chiefs started around the early nineties. I am surprised they haven't come for it and the name harder. If we were on a coast they would have already canceled it. Little tougher here in the land of Buckhorn Beer and ElCaminos. They did do away with the hot girl in a loincloth that used to ride a horse around called Warpaint. Now we have a weird little guy called KC Wolf which I have never really understood.

When the chop/chant starts up in KC, is it spontaneous or does the venue announcer instruct the fans to get up and start chopping? If the latter, what does he say?
Also, is there a name for this chop/chant?
  • BigT
Originally posted by 49erKing:
On February 7, 2021, Mahomies shriveled up like a cat turd on a sunny day. It can happen to anyone. He also shriveled up in the week 16 loss to the Raiders. He's also had numerous 3 int+ games in his career so far. It happens to the best of them. Also remember that Purdy is the highest rated QB against pressure this season. I still, whenever I think of Purdy, think about his first real action against the Dolphins in 2022 as a rookie when they brought the house, and he absolutely throttled them. You can get him with pressure but he can also dish it out right back.

This is a hard matchup to figure out considering the 49ers' woes on defense all season yet they collectively have more sacks and ints than the Chiefs and total yards allowed is pretty much the same. Chiefs had to go through a gauntlet to get to the SB (save vs the hapless Dolphins) but they were helped by poor decision making by Allen and Jackson do have to credit Spag's defense. 49ers sieve of a defense put them in precarious positions against both the Lions and the Pack but they puckered up and powered through in the end.

Both teams had quite a bit of luck happen to them in these playoffs. Bills kicker missing that fg. Flowers fumble. Immaculate reception catch by Aiyuk. Reynold's fingers turning into butterfingers.

Dam - tough game to predict.

Agreed the turd may end up being Mahomes he certainly has shown he can do it. The problem with blitzing QB's is you have to have a back four that can cover one on one. We have that. You also have good tackling in your secondary. For the first time in a long time I can say we have that. I have been equally impressed with both Sneed and McDuffie in regards to their tackling ability. Purdy may have a stellar game who knows. Of course I want us to win, but there is a large part of me that doesn't want him to be the reason you lose. He seems like a good dude and the story is awesome. If I was so sure I knew what was going to happen I would make a large bet. I will limit it to some prop bets on both teams and maybe a weird parlay.
  • BigT
When the chop/chant starts up in KC, is it spontaneous or does the venue announcer instruct the fans to get up and start chopping? If the latter, what does he say?

They play the war music and the chant starts. They usually have an ex player beat the drum to get everyone worked up
  • thl408

They play the war music and the chant starts. They usually have an ex player beat the drum to get everyone worked up

Damn that sounds very intimidating. War music and 80k fans chop chanting would make any visiting team poop their pants. Luckily, I don't think the announcer in Vegas will favor any one team so my guess is they won't play the war music this Sunday.

Do Chief fans do the chop chant when viewing the game at home (sports bar) or is it only something done when attending the game in person?
f**k the cheifs and their stupid chant. And f**k the drum too.
  • thl408
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

I'm so jealous they have that chop chant to unify the fans. They should remix the chant a bit to make it more upbeat but the entire crowd chanting in unison is so cool.

Is there a dance that also accompanies the chop chant? Are they doing something with their legs too that I can't see since I'm watching on tv? It seems very low impact but it hits hard when there's so many fans chop chanting. Chief fan, do you know?
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:

I'm so jealous they have that chop chant to unify the fans. They should remix the chant a bit to make it more upbeat but the entire crowd chanting in unison is so cool.

Is there a dance that also accompanies the chop chant? Are they doing something with their legs too that I can't see since I'm watching on tv? It seems very low impact but it hits hard when there's so many fans chop chanting. Chief fan, do you know?

• thl408
Hey Chief fan. Ever since Taylor Swift has become a hardcore Chief fan, have they played any Taylor Swift songs during home games? If so, which song(s)? None of her songs seem to fit a football atmosphere so I'm just wondering if the home venue has forced her songs onto the fans.
I call it the moron chop, especailly in Atlanta. People waving those dumb foam rubbertomahawks looking around at each other like zombies.

The chop didn't start as a tomahawk chop. It started at Florida State as a spear throwing motion and morphed into the chop later.
  • thl408
Actually I can think of one scenario where a Taylor Swift song fits the situation. If the Chief defense gives up a touchdown, they can play the "Shake it off" song. Imagine that and the chop chant at the same time. Holy s**t that'd be amazing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Love that both Bosa and York are talking about the missed holding calls from SB54.

Talking about it makes it harder for the refs to steal it again.

Though, this year we have to contend wirh Kelce proposing to Taylor after a chiefs win. NFL will obvs want that storyline above all else.

What Bosa said was nothing but the truth, problem is, people hate hearing the truth. Another problem is it will be the same refs from SB54 and that was the worst officiating I've ever seen, lets hope Vinovich is on our side this time. I wanna see the Chiefs fans and players to know what that s**t is like when they don't call holding or late hits on your QB or a b******t OPI on Kelce.

The push off on Kittle on a bomb called back was outrageous. That was so minor. His hand was just out to see where the defender was. The non calls against Bosa were horrible. Holding all the time and key moments too. Chiefs got all the calls in that game. The most important ones too.

The flag on Kittle was one of the most egregious calls of all time.

Thats just about every play the receiver has his hand out a couple inches like that.

It's hilarious that anybody could watch that play and not see the OBVIOUS push off. Take your Niner colored glasses off.

No it wasn't a push off. Take your Chief colored glasses off.

Damn that sounds very intimidating. War music and 80k fans chop chanting would make any visiting team poop their pants. Luckily, I don't think the announcer in Vegas will favor any one team so my guess is they won't play the war music this Sunday.

Do Chief fans do the chop chant when viewing the game at home (sports bar) or is it only something done when attending the game in person?

Florida St. —> Deion Sanders —> Atlanta Braves
^ that's what started it I think….though I think the Braves' PA announcer/organist or the one in charge of the stadium music was also an FSU alum:

Share 49ersWebzone