There are 179 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tnteicher:
Best way to beat Bosa also. Dude will consistently be out of position to make plays on screens and jet sweeps.

The best way to beat Bosa is to hold him so the Chief's tackles should be good
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
f**k the cheifs and their stupid chant. And f**k the drum too.

I'm so jealous they have that chop chant to unify the fans. They should remix the chant a bit to make it more upbeat but the entire crowd chanting in unison is so cool.

Is there a dance that also accompanies the chop chant? Are they doing something with their legs too that I can't see since I'm watching on tv? It seems very low impact but it hits hard when there's so many fans chop chanting. Chief fan, do you know?

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Hahaha. Mahomes is the king of whining now. Everytime he gets touched he's flapping his hands all over the place and screaming in his kermit the frog voice.

Ummm. Bosa. Waaaa Waaa Waaa. They hold a lot. Please refs bail me out...

Haha we got the one KC fan coming in here pretending to know something.

guess what… they DO hold all the f**king time. Bosa isn't the only one saying it.

Go listen to him talk. That's not whining, that's pointing out the obvious.

Mahomes cry's like a little baby every damn game he gets touched. On the ground flapping his hands around like a fish out of water. Crying about his WR being offsides and how they just shouldn't call it. Like the rules don't apply to them. Every incompletion, It's gotta be a PI.

KC and their fans are due for some humble pie. Call the game appropriately on both sides.

Mahomes wants to scramble around, be prepared to get f**king hit. Stop crying about. Your players (particularly Mahomes) whine more than anyone. He's great no doubt, the media loves licking his nuts…so he thinks he's entitled to get calls more than anyone else. Give me a break with the nonsense.
Originally posted by Black24Razor:
Best way to beat Bosa also. Dude will consistently be out of position to make plays on screens and jet sweeps.

The best way to beat Bosa is to hold him so the Chief's tackles should be good

HA this. Or consistently false start. Taylor LOVES doing that s**t.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
f**k the cheifs and their stupid chant. And f**k the drum too.

I'm so jealous they have that chop chant to unify the fans. They should remix the chant a bit to make it more upbeat but the entire crowd chanting in unison is so cool.

Is there a dance that also accompanies the chop chant? Are they doing something with their legs too that I can't see since I'm watching on tv? It seems very low impact but it hits hard when there's so many fans chop chanting. Chief fan, do you know?

Mahomes' brother is an awesome dancer and seems to have added his own flair to the chop chant in that gif.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by BigT:
When the chop/chant starts up in KC, is it spontaneous or does the venue announcer instruct the fans to get up and start chopping? If the latter, what does he say?
Also, is there a name for this chop/chant?

They play the war music and the chant starts. They usually have an ex player beat the drum to get everyone worked up

Damn that sounds very intimidating. War music and 80k fans chop chanting would make any visiting team poop their pants. Luckily, I don't think the announcer in Vegas will favor any one team so my guess is they won't play the war music this Sunday.

Do Chief fans do the chop chant when viewing the game at home (sports bar) or is it only something done when attending the game in person?

Florida St. —> Deion Sanders —> Atlanta Braves
^ that's what started it I think….though I think the Braves' PA announcer/organist or the one in charge of the stadium music was also an FSU alum:

FSU started doing it in 1983. The Chiefs and Braves copied it and started calling it the tomahawk chop. FSU doesn't use that term since for them it's more of a spear tossing motion. If you watch their games they have a tradition where a guy rides out on a horse and throws a spear into the ground at midfield. That's a traditional symbol of a declaration of war for some tribes.
It's pouring rain in Vegas right now ARE THEY IN THE RAIN?? Practicing in the RAIN? Omg what on earth will we ever DO?..
Kermit needs to whine more to the refs…they will have their revenge on him
  • BigT

Now you're cracking me up….

Thats good stuff.
  • thl408
Originally posted by Montana:
It's pouring rain in Vegas right now ARE THEY IN THE RAIN?? Practicing in the RAIN? Omg what on earth will we ever DO?..

Thats crazy. I checked last night and didn't see rain in the forecast for Vegas. Maybe Chiefs fans also arrived in Vegas and started chop chanting, and now there's rain.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Patton:
Getting the feeling we're going to see the Niners play a game that they have not played in almost a month or so.
I can see a dominant game on both sides of the ball. They are due for an Eagles or Cowboys type game where they make the plays on both sides of the ball and put together a dominant performance.
Anything can happen, mistakes or miscues could very easily put them in the same spot they've been in the past 2 playoff games but I think the percentages are higher that favor them having a good game.

This game will be won or lost by the 9ers D.

I trust the O to get points.
  • thl408

Now you're cracking me up….

Thats good stuff.

Yeah I was just kidding. I don't care about the chop chant. I asked two questions, one about which CB gets in for KC's nickel personnel (and which LB comes off), and a chop chant question and you decided to address the chop chant question.
Hahaha. Mahomes is the king of whining now. Everytime he gets touched he's flapping his hands all over the place and screaming in his kermit the frog voice.

Ummm. Bosa. Waaaa Waaa Waaa. They hold a lot. Please refs bail me out...

Haha we got the one KC fan coming in here pretending to know something.

guess what… they DO hold all the f**king time. Bosa isn't the only one saying it.

Go listen to him talk. That's not whining, that's pointing out the obvious.

Mahomes cry's like a little baby every damn game he gets touched. On the ground flapping his hands around like a fish out of water. Crying about his WR being offsides and how they just shouldn't call it. Like the rules don't apply to them. Every incompletion, It's gotta be a PI.

KC and their fans are due for some humble pie. Call the game appropriately on both sides.

Mahomes wants to scramble around, be prepared to get f**king hit. Stop crying about. Your players (particularly Mahomes) whine more than anyone. He's great no doubt, the media loves licking his nuts…so he thinks he's entitled to get calls more than anyone else. Give me a break with the nonsense.

You just came in with one of these....

Originally posted by Montana:

Thats crazy. I checked last night and didn't see rain in the forecast for Vegas. Maybe Chiefs fans also arrived in Vegas and started chop chanting, and now there's rain.

The stadium is indoors so it doesn't matter.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
When the chop/chant starts up in KC, is it spontaneous or does the venue announcer instruct the fans to get up and start chopping? If the latter, what does he say?
Also, is there a name for this chop/chant?

They play the war music and the chant starts. They usually have an ex player beat the drum to get everyone worked up

Damn that sounds very intimidating. War music and 80k fans chop chanting would make any visiting team poop their pants. Luckily, I don't think the announcer in Vegas will favor any one team so my guess is they won't play the war music this Sunday.

Do Chief fans do the chop chant when viewing the game at home (sports bar) or is it only something done when attending the game in person?

Florida St. —> Deion Sanders —> Atlanta Braves
^ that's what started it I think….though I think the Braves' PA announcer/organist or the one in charge of the stadium music was also an FSU alum:

FSU started doing it in 1983. The Chiefs and Braves copied it and started calling it the tomahawk chop. FSU doesn't use that term since for them it's more of a spear tossing motion. If you watch their games they have a tradition where a guy rides out on a horse and throws a spear into the ground at midfield. That's a traditional symbol of a declaration of war for some tribes.

How come it's not banned like the Redskin name?
Share 49ersWebzone