LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 186 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Cray that they put sod over the astro-turf for the 49ers practice field.

Idk man but it annoys me thay we will have to practice in the rain while they have indoor everything. Lol

Home field advantage that is actually having an effect in a Super Bowl.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by BigT:
Originally posted by thl408:
I am genuinely curious about whether the home venue DJ in KC plays Taylor Swift songs now that she's a diehard Chief fan. Chief fan, do you know?

I wouldn't know as I can't afford to go to the game on my gas station salary. After cigarettes and cheap beer we save the rest for lot rent on mom's mobile home. Hopefully the old black and white tv is working. Also I have to fix the antenna that got damaged in the tornado

Got it. If there's any other Chief fan reading this let me know. I don't think her songs really belong in a football venue but since she's become such an iconic Chief fan I was curious to know.

I read somewhere that when they spotted her at the first game, the NFL reached out to her people and asked if they could play her songs at halftime. The response was a no. Fans were apparently mad at her for it, but it sounds like she just didn't want to take attention away from the game.
They should really let Niners use the Raiders facility too

Fk the Chiefs lol
Originally posted by Montana:
They should really let Niners use the Raiders facility too

Fk the Chiefs lol

Would you? I sure as f**k wouldn't. If the 49ers were the dry team we would be in here laughing.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2024-49ers-unhappy-with-soft-practice-field-in-las-vegas-considering-three-options/

Sources tell CBS Sports some 49ers staffers are not pleased with the practice field at UNLV, where the NFL designated the NFC champion practice during Super Bowl week. At issue, sources say, is the firmness of the natural grass the NFL has laid over UNLV's artificial turf ahead of the 49ers practicing there.

A 49ers advance group that includes members of the equipment staff and grounds team traveled to Las Vegas last week to check out the facilities. They feel the grass is too soft for the team to practice on, and the team has considered alternatives, sources say.

WTF. Where is KC practicing?

Using all the raiders brand new facilities

It shouldn't just be "PASSABLE"; this is the f**king super bowl.
Originally posted by tnteicher:
Hahaha. Mahomes is the king of whining now. Everytime he gets touched he's flapping his hands all over the place and screaming in his kermit the frog voice.

Ummm. Bosa. Waaaa Waaa Waaa. They hold a lot. Please refs bail me out...

Its actually the opposite. Bosa never complains about holding and we all wish he would. Someone asked him a question and he gave an honest answer. The Chiefs OL have the 2nd most holding calls in the NFL this year.

If the refs had been calling holding in SB 54 the Chiefs wouldn't have won.
Who gave the team that s**tty practice field?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Idk man but it annoys me thay we will have to practice in the rain while they have indoor everything. Lol

Either don't have Home Field advantage in the Superbowl, or have it based on the teams performance during the year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Niners99:
Hahaha. Mahomes is the king of whining now. Everytime he gets touched he's flapping his hands all over the place and screaming in his kermit the frog voice.

Its actually the opposite. Bosa never complains about holding and we all wish he would. Someone asked him a question and he gave an honest answer. The Chiefs OL have the 2nd most holding calls in the NFL this year.

Like I said, all Bosa did was tell the truth.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I'm wondering if the comments were intentional, to hopefully draw attention to it and push the refs to actually call it. Jed York mentioned the hold on Bosa in the last Super Bowl too.

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Either don't have Home Field advantage in the Superbowl, or have it based on the teams performance during the year.

Nah. If we can't handle practice in the rain we don't deserve a 6th ring.

Maybe the players won't be so comfy and feel disrespected - just give them that much more energy.

honestly, even if it was flipped where the chiefs were at UNLV and we were at the raiders facilities I'd think it's odd. UNLV has a nice facility but it's nice for crappy D1 programs. Lol it's not NFL nice.
I wish my old vintage gold satin jacket still fit. I bought it in early 1981 when very few people had one. People would ask me where I got because they either wanted one or wanted to buy one for their husband for Christmas. It's made by Felco who was making these jackets before Chalk Line or Starter. After the SB the jackets were everywhere when other makers started flooding the market. I had my mother sew on a patch on the shoulder depicting the Catch. I wore that jacket until at least the mid or late 80s when I outgrew it. Even after all those games and all the times I wore it around town that jacket is still in great condition. Testament to the quality that Felco put into their jackets.
Also, can we give a shout out to Patrick Mahommes Sr. for providing a nice big distraction this week? Way to go - getting arrested for his third DUI right before the Super Bowl!

It should go by record.
Share 49ersWebzone