LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 262 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by tankle104:

He took off a little early to run with the ball several times last night. Good for him, sometime you need a change up so the defense has another level of attack to worry about. Even you can see a couple of guys got open at the time he decided to run. f**k it-- do it Brock.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Just get the Superbowl this year, and I will be happy for the next few years regardless of what happens. I can actually enjoy the regular season in that case.

Hell yeah!!!

BUT, I have no doubt that Purdy will continue his winning ways!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
The eyes say it all.
Brock's a certified killer.

I hate MVP talk but here goes, how the hell is Lamar Jackson considered the MVP?? Dude ALWAYS chokes in the postseason and his numbers are running back numbers in the regular season. Funny how no one brings up his defense who gets him turnovers on the wide and gets the offense good field position.
The more I think about it, the last two wins are very Patriots-like in that we're never out of the game now. This team may have just crossed that Rubicon where we're an offensive powerhouse that can pile on points at any time.

It's not just a skill thing, it's a confidence thing as well.

I agree. Seeing these two comebacks is something we just never saw under Kyle, but now they have the QB now and its evolved. To see Kyle admit this and how its valuable experience is interesting and revealing. Almost like he understand the game from a newer perspective.

Obviously a lot will happen between now and next season, but I am going to already argue the offense will be way more deadly next year because they will improve his protection. Since I am far less sure about the defense the offense may need to take the lead regardless.
At least with us playing the Chiefs, we are the more Hungry team for a victory. If we would of played the Ravens, they probably would of been really hungry for a victory.

This defense needs to get their sh!t straight. I think we match up well with the chiefs but who knows - this D got ABUSED this week. Lol

then again, we just had to play two of the best o lines in football during these playoffs. Chiefs have a solid o line but get a ton of flags and missing an all pro.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The eyes say it all.

I hate MVP talk but here goes, how the hell is Lamar Jackson considered the MVP?? Dude ALWAYS chokes in the postseason and his numbers are running back numbers in the regular season. Funny how no one brings up his defense who gets him turnovers on the wide and gets the offense good field position.

His defense was historically good this year. His defense was INSANELY good. Lead the league in Ppg, sacks, turnovers, yards allowed rtc. They were at least top 5 in EVERYTHING.

i hate Lamar. Lol I just don't like the way he acts, like he's all that and a bag of potato chips. Especially when he hasn't proven anything - he's done nothing but blown great opportunities and teams.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by Silky:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
f**k TAYLOR SWIFT

Tay Tay might not make it to the Superbowl. She'll be in Australia or Japan. It would be a helluva day of travel to barely make it in time when the game starts. I know a Swiftie who gave me all the deets about how she COULD be there, but probably won't.

They'll set up a Swift cam wherever she's watching in Japan/Australia so the network can cut to her reactions if Kelce scores a home run.
I'll be shocked if she's not there it'll be a will she or won't she all the way up till kickoff.
  • thl408
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
f**k TAYLOR SWIFT

Tay Tay might not make it to the Superbowl. She'll be in Australia or Japan. It would be a helluva day of travel to barely make it in time when the game starts. I know a Swiftie who gave me all the deets about how she COULD be there, but probably won't.

They'll set up a Swift cam wherever she's watching in Japan/Australia so the network can cut to her reactions if Kelce scores a home run.
I'll be shocked if she's not there it'll be a will she or won't she all the way up till kickoff.

Awesome. I can't wait for the up-to-the-minute updates on her making it to Vegas stadium. Similar to the Manning cast where Peyton and Eli watch the game together and commentate, some network would be wise to have a Swiftycast.

It's a regular season award not a playoff award.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
The eyes say it all.

His defense was historically good this year. His defense was INSANELY good. Lead the league in Ppg, sacks, turnovers, yards allowed rtc. They were at least top 5 in EVERYTHING.

i hate Lamar. Lol I just don't like the way he acts, like he's all that and a bag of potato chips. Especially when he hasn't proven anything - he's done nothing but blown great opportunities and teams.

Yeah, that Baltimore Defense is elite. I wish we had that defense, but then we'd probably won't have the offense we have now. I think Lamar just needs more weapons at the receiver position. Just as a good OLine will elevate the play of a QB, so will good receivers. Example: Aiyuk's Immaculate Deflection catch - an Aiyuk level player on that Baltimore team will elevate Lamar's QB play.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Hope the Chiefs are choosing to wear their white jerseys for Super Bowl, probably with the red pants combo, (they've won 2 in a row on the road wearing these, so might be superstitious to keep donning them)—AFC as the designated "home team" has choice of what uniform to wear in even-numbered Super Bowls…

…means that the Niners would be in their home red jerseys on a grass field in Vegas.

All Niner Super Bowl wins have been:

1981: white jerseys / artificial turf
1984: red jerseys / grass
1988: red jerseys / grass
1989: white jerseys /artificial turf
1994: red jerseys / grass

The 2 losses have strayed away from the proven formula:

2012: red jerseys / turf
2019: white jerseys / grass

So if they're the designated "home team" almost positive they're gonna wear red jerseys with white pants. Guess we're screwed.

Don't overlook KC being superstitious:

1) They've already won two straight games (on the road) wearing their white jerseys over red pants combo, so might wanna maintain that "mojo"…teams sometime do this (first one to do it I think was the Steelers in 2005), especially if they play and win all their playoff games on the road to get to the Super Bowl. KC had a wild card home game this year, but otherwise had all road games—a first in the Mahomes era, to get to the big dance.

2) They already won a Super Bowl last year against the Eagles wearing the exact same combo and so (less superstitiously as above) might want to don the same set. Conversely, maintaining the designated rotation for this year (AFC dark jersey, NFC white jersey) means we get a repeat of Super Bowl 54, which we all know what happened.

Here's a write-up this morning on UniWatch regarding this matter:
https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/29/an-early-look-at-the-potential-super-bowl-uniform-matchup/
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
At least with us playing the Chiefs, we are the more Hungry team for a victory. If we would of played the Ravens, they probably would of been really hungry for a victory.

This defense needs to get their sh!t straight. I think we match up well with the chiefs but who knows - this D got ABUSED this week. Lol

then again, we just had to play two of the best o lines in football during these playoffs. Chiefs have a solid o line but get a ton of flags and missing an all pro.

Agree, this 49er offense is loads better than the 2019 49er offense. I think, overall, this 49er defense - while weaker at DLine, is a bit stronger at the DB's with Wilks coaching up the DB players. At least I think so. In other words, we can score on the KC defense, and maybe we can do a better job of slowing down that KC offense.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
f**k TAYLOR SWIFT

Awesome. I can't wait for the up-to-the-minute updates on her making it to Vegas stadium. Similar to the Manning cast where Peyton and Eli watch the game together and commentate, some network would be wise to have a Swiftycast.
I know right,I can see them making a documentary about the extremes she went to just to make it to the big game and pretend like she knows what's going on the Swifties will eat that s**t up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
The more I think about it, the last two wins are very Patriots-like in that we're never out of the game now. This team may have just crossed that Rubicon where we're an offensive powerhouse that can pile on points at any time.

It's not just a skill thing, it's a confidence thing as well.

I agree. Seeing these two comebacks is something we just never saw under Kyle, but now they have the QB now and its evolved. To see Kyle admit this and how its valuable experience is interesting and revealing. Almost like he understand the game from a newer perspective.

Obviously a lot will happen between now and next season, but I am going to already argue the offense will be way more deadly next year because they will improve his protection. Since I am far less sure about the defense the offense may need to take the lead regardless.

I saw Kyle grow a lot as a coach in this playoff season. Also, I saw Brock bail out Kyle. There was 3 first downs by Brock running the ball in the 2nd half. I think he saved Kyle by turning down the pass and basically calling his own number to run the ball. I've always felt that once Kyle gets behind in games, he tends to panic a bit and abandon the run. I think he still does panic when he falls behind but now he knows he has a QB that can pull his nuts out of the fire. In a sense, the play call pressure is not all on Kyle, and he can rely on his QB to protect Kyle's play calling.
Share 49ersWebzone