Compete in our 2024 NFL Pick ‘em contest →

There are 172 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by mitpdub:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Will the game be played on turf or natural grass ? Because they're walking on turf right now…

The natural grass field is outside in its tray under a tarp to protect it from rain…it will wheeled in mechanically closer to game day. The one being used tonight is obviously a turf field for the dog and pony show:

I understand it's a hybrid turf like they use at the Vikings stadium. It's a synthetic turf fiber that has grass growing through it.

That's not what's used in Allegiant. It's:

• field turf for college bowl/UNLV games (and what's being used for the Opening Night ceremonies tonight

• natural grass for Raiders games and the Super Bowl on Sunday…just like the grass for Arizona's stadium, it is grown in a giant tray and let outside the stadium during the week to allow it sunshine for growth and rolled into the stadium come game time. Tonight, the grass tray is outside under tarp to protect it from rain.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
And people say Brock is short lol.

He's literally almost identical size as Mahommes, even his hands
Lol like over half the people left
Thank you Kyle! Shut that story down!
Originally posted by tankle104:

He's absolutely not as small as the media makes him out to be. On height and weight he is not that far off from Mahomes. He's not a tiny guy. But something about his somewhat stocky build makes him look shorter than he is on gameday and film. He does somehow appear a little smaller I think than what it actually is. Stocky proportions for a QB make you seem slightly wider. Which can appear a little shorter.
Originally posted by Montana:

DEEBO!!!
Yo Kyle is drunk as sh*t

Shanahan sounds wasted
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:

He's absolutely not as small as the media makes him out to be. On height and weight he is not that far off from Mahomes. He's not a tiny guy. But something about his somewhat stocky build makes him look shorter than he is on gameday and film. He does somehow appear a little smaller I think than what it actually is. Stocky proportions for a QB make you seem slightly wider. Which can appear a little shorter.

Purdy is bigger from the waist down so he looks smaller since most people focus on the upper body.
Originally posted by Silky:
Yo Kyle is drunk as sh*t
so crazy, he's slurring his words
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Shanahan sounds wasted

It's Vegas, what did you expect? I'm sure they're going out partying after this.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Feb 5, 2024 at 7:35 PM ]
Shanny getting loose before Sunday. I ain't mad.
Share 49ersWebzone