Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Not that anyone should have any confidence with this defense against KC but hearing Bosa say they felt helpless out there on D for most of the game is really discouraging.

DET has some good O players,
we won the game, we basically pitched a 2nd half shutout

Agree. Laporta, St, Brown, Montgomery, Gibbs>>>>>Pacheco, Kelce, Rice
But, Mahomes>>>>>>>>>Goff

Mahomes trumps all of them combined. Kelce is TE 1A or 1B in the NFL and Pacheco is very good. This offense will be a lot tougher than Detroit or Green Bay simply due to Mahomes.

Goff with an absolute array of weapons is more of a threat than god himself with an old tight end, a promising rookie and a solid yet small running back.

This is way less of a challenge for our defense, period.

Lol Mahomes trumps everything Detroit has.

Until you actually start looking at statistics…like AT ALL. Detroits offense was A LOT better and Goff, frankly, was also better.

Mahomes just had a straight up Mediocre season. But go ahead, keep up the ball gargling.
One more to go...We need to come out playing from the beginning. If we come out flat against KC like we did against GB and Detroit, we're not going to get it done...
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
the 49ers cruised to the Superbowl last time in 2019 with their running game, always playing ahead, and never having to come from behind.

it's been the opposite journey to get back this time around. Ironically, the 49ers are more well-equipped and better suited for a rematch than last time, as a result.

2019 Defense was insane. No one could get by during the season. You might say we have a better squad on paper this year but the outlier has to be coaching. We are totally underperforming. I hope Kyle steps in and says look Wilks time to chat. Don't f**k this up. Get these guys ready.

my point is, the team had to win some nail-biters in 2019 but never had to come back from behind a lot; especially in the playoffs.

the team has had to learn how to win in do-or-die situations twice in a row now. that will, in my opinion, pay dividends.
[ Edited by Sanfran_chrisco on Jan 29, 2024 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Until you actually start looking at statistics…like AT ALL. Detroits offense was A LOT better and Goff, frankly, was also better.

Mahomes just had a straight up Mediocre season. But go ahead, keep up the ball gargling.

Mahomes has been as good as he's ever been, he's unreal. Stats don't really inform, the eye test does. Sure his stats with Tyreek may have been more over the top. Does that mean Mahomes is playing at less of a level? No. Just means he's got less around him. To suggest Goff was better than Mahomes this year is just straight up nonsense I mean you would have to not be watching and just reading stats on stats.com to get to that conclusion, imo.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Looks scripted.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yeah Mahomes is the equalizing factor. He won't be missing wide open receivers the way Goff did.

Are we playing contain or trying to get him down?

Can't be predictable, got to do both to just slow him down. I don't think you can stop him, you have to outscore him.

Raiders pummeled him in KC, so there's a chance.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
49ers do NOT let that fat f**k Peter Schrager from NFLN do your state of the franchise or whatever the f**k it was when you let him in the door. f**k that piece of s**t predicting Chiefs will win the Super Bowl and Trent McDuffie will pick off Brock Purdy for a pick six to win it all.
Go Niners…" Beat KC "
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
One more to go...We need to come out playing from the beginning. If we come out flat against KC like we did against GB and Detroit, we're not going to get it done...

Yeah, totally agree. 49ers have to come out like the Lions did, and then don't let up in the 2nd half. Lions really did a number on the 49ers in that first half. Not going to lie.
Agree, this 49er offense is loads better than the 2019 49er offense. I think, overall, this 49er defense - while weaker at DLine, is a bit stronger at the DB's with Wilks coaching up the DB players. At least I think so. In other words, we can score on the KC defense, and maybe we can do a better job of slowing down that KC offense.

I like this take. Imo, I like KCs D, but we have too many playmakers. Key will be Brock playing fast, getting the ball out, limit the QB hits and negative plays. If we can move it up and down, we keep Mahomes off the field. Drives need to end in the endzone for us. Kyle may have to keep the O out there on 4ths, our O has a ton of talent, and FGs won't beat Mahomes most likely, our kicker is a lil up and down also.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yeah Mahomes is the equalizing factor. He won't be missing wide open receivers the way Goff did.

Are we playing contain or trying to get him down?

Can't be predictable, got to do both to just slow him down. I don't think you can stop him, you have to outscore him.

Raiders pummeled him in KC, so there's a chance.

Well that was the regular season game, Superbowl's are a bit different. Having said that, I'm hoping 49er defense shuts the KC offense out and sacks Patrick 10 times and gets 10 turnovers.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Last time we played the Chiefs in the SB we had a championship defense and if we had even a serviceable QB instead of porcelain statue prime time choker Gaffathrow, we would have another SB trophy.

This time the defense is the weak spot and we will have to hope the Offense finds a way.

Mahomes will drop at least 28 points on this D without much trouble. We will have to score in the 30s.

And we had an offense without CMC, without Aiyuk, and Jimmy G at QB? So Ok.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Dear god please change the refs in this game!!! Bill Vinovich worships the devil.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:

Yeah, totally agree. 49ers have to come out like the Lions did, and then don't let up in the 2nd half. Lions really did a number on the 49ers in that first half. Not going to lie.

Deebo hasn't scored a TD yet during these playoffs. He is due. If we beat the Chiefs I am betting on him being the SB MVP.
I want to beat Mahomes and watch his trashy family cry so badly.
Share 49ersWebzone