LISTEN: Patriots Preview With WEEI's Nick "Fitzy” & CMC's Germany Trip →

There are 265 users in the forums

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

Shop Find 49ers gear online

🏆 SUPER BOWL LVIII PREGAME THREAD - SF 49ERS vs KC CHIEFS 🏆

• thl408
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I want to beat Mahomes and watch his trashy family cry so badly.

I want E40 to come out with a diss track on Taylor Swift. Do it.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
KC has the most penalized Offensive lineman in football. It is their RT. Bosa should get home and draw penalties
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
The one thing the Niners have going for them. They're battle tested. IIRC the Chiefs were getting beat bad in the AFC divisional game in 2019, at one point being down 24-0 before rallying to win. They were down 17-7 to the Titans in the AFCC game before winning. I remember they came into the SB with a swagger. The Niners looked like they had cruised through, and came up short.

Hopefully this time we're the team that has been battle tested and gone through adversity. We can do this. I just don't think Wilks will make any adjustments until Mahomes runs up the score and this will be our downfall…
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
the 49ers cruised to the Superbowl last time in 2019 with their running game, always playing ahead, and never having to come from behind.

it's been the opposite journey to get back this time around. Ironically, the 49ers are more well-equipped and better suited for a rematch than last time, as a result.

2019 Defense was insane. No one could get by during the season. You might say we have a better squad on paper this year but the outlier has to be coaching. We are totally underperforming. I hope Kyle steps in and says look Wilks time to chat. Don't f**k this up. Get these guys ready.

I think Wilks will do great, I hope. We all know the weakness of the 49ers is the DB. Wilks was hired basically because he has that DB coaching side of him. If there is any time for him to show up his coaching chops so that he can be a HC down the road, this is the game to show it. In other words, he has to coach up our DB's to play the game of their lives against a, most likely, first ballot hall of famer in Patrick.
Originally posted by Giedi:
I think Wilks will do great, I hope. We all know the weakness of the 49ers is the DB. Wilks was hired basically because he has that DB coaching side of him. If there is any time for him to show up his coaching chops so that he can be a HC down the road, this is the game to show it. In other words, he has to coach up our DB's to play the game of their lives against a, most likely, first ballot hall of famer in Patrick.

Yup, Brown in particular he's kinda the young guy / weak link, we have a couple weeks to get him coached up.
Originally posted by pd24:
KC has the most penalized Offensive lineman in football. It is their RT. Bosa should get home and draw penalties

I've heard that their all-pro guard is most likely not playing, which would be big for us.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Meh, that referee Superbowl crew is the same crew in 2019 that never called holding on KC. (or so I think, I could be wrong). Point I'm making is that referees generally don't call penalties in the playoffs and Moreso in the Superbowl, it's the way they are graded and judged (from regular season games) to qualify to be able to work the playoffs and Superbowl games.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

Meh, that referee Superbowl crew is the same crew in 2019 that never called holding on KC. (or so I think, I could be wrong). Point I'm making is that referees generally don't call penalties in the playoffs and Moreso in the Superbowl, it's the way they are graded and judged (from regular season games) to qualify to be able to work the playoffs and Superbowl games.

True. Did the Lions have any penalties yesterday?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

I've heard that their all-pro guard is most likely not playing, which would be big for us.

That's big if true. I read somewhere about a torn pectoral muscle or something like that. Health has been a big factor in *all* our five Superbowl wins, for sure.

Doesn't really matter. Their offensive line will be holding all day.

Although I guess either way it doesn't matter, our d-line isn't even that great this year .

If they win, Purdy has to be ready for a shoot out

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yah and I remember an article coming out that Jerome Boger wasn't supposed to ref the 9ers vs Ravens Super Bowl. What a f**kin coincidence that they install refs before the Conference Championship games are over!!!!
This game is not going to be easy.

we can do it but don't expect any help from the refs and chiefs.

we will have to overcome the obstacles

we defenitely will have to play better

That's big if true. I read somewhere about a torn pectoral muscle or something like that. Health has been a big factor in *all* our five Superbowl wins, for sure.

Yeah he has a torn pec but idk how long those take to heal or anything like that. I imagine they're hoping he can play if he isn't on IR at this point?
Share 49ersWebzone